A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

The change of experience when setting up Phinigel was intentional. It’s unfortunate that this wasn’t messaged prior to the launch of the server and we’ll be working to improve our communication.

If you compare experience gains on Phinigel to gains on Ragefire and Lockjaw, players will notice they earn experience at a slower rate on Phinigel. If you compare Phinigel to EverQuest’s launch in 1999, players will notice that they earn experience at a much faster rate on Phinigel.

On Ragefire and Lockjaw, some players hit the max level quickly and guilds were able to kill bosses within the first few days on these servers. For Phinigel the team has decided to create a different server experience for players. While we’ll continue to monitor the rate that players level on Phinigel, there are no plans at this time to change the current rate of XP gain. As a team, we feel that the rate of XP gain on Phinigel is appropriate for this server.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by lack of notification about this detail of the server, and we’re grateful for your continued support!
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Keep up the good work! Love the new server
  3. FurySoul Augur

Thank you for the official word on the matter. Personally I believe this is a wonderful idea and will really give players that immersion and satisfaction that players have been searching for all this time.

/thumbs up
    Nickatropolis and Simone like this.
  4. Pseudofate Augur

Agreed
  5. Zemus New Member

The reason people were able to kill boss mobs so quickly on RF / LJ was due to broken mage pets, not fast XP. The population of the server is going to take a nose dive if you don't change the xp rate.
    Elkay and Drexll like this.
  6. Dranix Augur

7. MBear Augur

How do you know this? Just guessing?
    You know better than the people with all the data over 15 years?
    Have you been calculating this somehow?

Or did you just set it up like this:
    If you eat food you will grow older!

Of course the population will be down from release week.
  8. Ambee Elder

I'm sure there are 10s of people who love the idea of others suffering because that's how EQ is supposed to be or something. Fun is for filthy casuals.

Oh well. Unsubbed
    Elkay likes this.
  9. Tinytinker Augur

I'm happy with the xp levels. It's nice to have a fun, grouping server.

Now that we have official word, stop complaining and go enjoy the game.
    Nickatropolis, kraggnar and andross77 like this.
  10. Pseudofate Augur

Sigh. Here they come again.

That's all you need to know. Time to lower the pitchforks, step down from soapboxes and just accept the reality of the situation.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  11. Darth Augur

We killed the Dragons on Lockjaw in less then 40 hours with no one higher than level 39.

It was 100% due to Mage pets.
  12. Rolien Elder

So in short....
    We didn't give you enough information and scammed you deal with it.
    Raptorjesus5, Elkay and B1A2C3D6 like this.
  13. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I actually like the experience rate, I just wish the unlocks were a bit slower.
  14. Steampunk Augur

Well, regardless of what happened on Ragefire or Lockjaw, or why or how it happened, one fact remains. Phinigel is the way it is, and it is this way deliberately. You can like it, or not like it.
  15. MBear Augur

Do you know if anyone went straight through to 50 or did everybody stop for the dragon killing (couldn't blame them)?

So 40 hours of XP on RF is probably close to 48 hours of PA.
    These 60% figures are way off. Sounds more like XP is closer to 20% less through 40ish anyway.
  16. Warlain Lorekeeper

You guys screwed up so badly, 1-10 should be 5 times faster then it is now, 10-20 2-3 times faster, 20-30 1.5 times faster. Then nerf the heck out of 40-50. Oh well. It has been amusing to read about DB screwing the pooch once again.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  17. Ambee Elder

lol Mbear got so owned.

Gee, how could the guild leader of the top LJ guild possibly have any idea about their first Nag kill?
  18. FarHelm1 Elder

To recap: those defending Phinny's answer for the fast paced and 66% xp reduction on Phinny is to go to the poop-socking server of RF and LJ. Yup those are SUPER "casual" friendly. Basically DBG is saying if you have any of the following you don't qualify for in-era raiding: family, job, or a life. Once again the 99% has been F'd over by launching a 3rd server for the hardcore elites. /golfclap
    YourMotherWasFab likes this.
  19. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

Very poor idea, and a clear general lack of knowledge as to why raid targets were killed so quickly in the first place. You guys will know what the drop off is credited to in the next week though.

This isn't a casual vs. hardcore thing. Its a common sense, "I don't want to spend an additional 100 hrs leveling thing.
    Elkay likes this.
  20. Weverley Augur

Thank you daybreak.Personally i find that people are wasting way too much time posting on the forums instead of playing.And it seems to be always the same people.The large majority playing find it a bit hard but people are leveling.Unrest is busy like hell, upper guk is starting to get people samething with sol a so people are moving up.My guild even started mistmoore.
    Friday likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.