A Coirnav Exp Plea - Beating a horse deader than this server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Dahaman Augur

Ngreth, thank you so much for the prompt fix!! You are awesome!! After the fix, the base server XP rate was notably boosted.

However, I had a friend working AAs in a full group. They were killing level 67/69 mobs (the 68.2 mission for the level level 68 spell). They were getting 2-3% AA per kill. That was still akin to what things gave pre-DODH. I don't have as good of quantitative data for AAs as I did basic XP rates, so I can't say for certain there is an issue.

Is it possible to quickly verify that there wasn't something amiss with the AAxp like there was the XP rate? Thanks in advance for anything you might check or do!
  2. Dahaman Augur

After measuring the basic server XP rate for Coirnav post DODH, here are the results:

Classic Coirnav = 100%
    Gates Coirnav = 120%
    DODH Coirnav = 240% <--- higher than I had guessed without a doubt!

Note: There is a max gain of 7.500% XP per kill. I had to use level 2 and level 3 mob data in order to determine the new XP rate. Also, live servers still hit this 7.500% max gain at level 3 killing a level 3 mob. I haven't been able to work thru the data to determine the XP rate for when Coirnav hits live server rate.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Does that mean Coirnav XP > Mangler XP now?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Currently, this is true. When Mangler hits Gates they will match Coirnav.
  5. Dahaman Augur

Actually, this is not technically true with current information... let me explain.

Coirnav will hit TSS in ~15 weeks. That will boost Coirnav XP rate to live server XP rates.

Mangler will hit Gates in ~19 weeks (that is counting LDON only being 8 weeks for Mangler). Even if that bumps Gates Mangler to DODH Coirnav rates (Gates was only a +20% boost for Coirnav, Gates would have to be a whopping +85% boost for Mangler to match DODH Coirnav), Gates Mangler will still be less than live server rates.

Mangler XP rates << Coirnav XP rates until Mangler hits TSS roughly around May 2021.
  6. Risiko Augur

Phinigel is the best TLP server of all time. No doubt.

In order of awesomeness among TLP servers, I would rank them like this:
    1. Phinigel
    2. Mangler
    3. Agnarr
    4. Coirnav
    5. Selos
    6. Ragefire
    7. Lockjaw
    8. Fippy Darkpaw
    9. Miragul
    Phinigel was clearly the most successful (from the standpoint of the players) TLP in EverQuest history, and Mangler is a close second right now.

The death of TLP servers:
    1. Phinigel killed Ragefire and Lockjaw (AoC raid instances is a million times better than not having them)
    2. Coirnav killed Agnarr (As much as everybody loved Agnarr, the reality is that most did not want to be locked on a server that would never progress past the PoP era. Coirnav was announced, and many people jumped ship to start over on Coirnav instead)
    3. Selos was killed by speed (It was fun for a while, but the speed of expansion unlocks ultimately was the downfall of the server. It just went too fast for many people to keep up and feel like they were experiencing the majority of each expansion)
    4. Mangler killed Coirnav (Coirnav's experience rate was abismally slow. When Mangler came along, people left in groves because ultimately Manger's server rules made it Phinigel 2.0)
    5. Fippy Darkpaw died of attrition (was a fun server, but over time it just fizzled out)
    6. Miragul was dead on arrival (There was less interest in this particular TLP server than any I personally have ever witnessed. It seems no one wanted the ruleset used for the Miragul server)

Considering the history of TLP servers (yes I know I left some out from the past), I don't think a new TLP server will overly negatively effect the Mangler server. Mangler is literally Phinigel 2.0, and Phinigel survived the onslaught of new TLP servers better than any other TLP server in history.

Of course, this is all speculation. Who knows what will happen? I don't.
    Keella likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

And when Mangler does hit TSS their Xp will be equal to Coirnav, so in essence Mangler will never have faster Xp than Coirnav ever again.
  8. Dahaman Augur

Correct.
  9. Keella Journeyman

That is a fair & well reasoned breakdown & I agree with pretty much all of it.

IF we get a new TLP this March I think it will need to be something special to surpass how well received Phinigel & Mangler were, my money is on that requiring AoC & starting in classic at the very least, with Non-Truebox following that & Free Trade Loot rules a long way behind it.

Worst possible thing for the server (best for existing TLP) would be the new TLP being a PvP server & any server with no AoC right behind it as the next worst thing a new TLP would have..

I still firmly believe a Seasonal Classic to PoP server with AoC/Truebox is a server idea that a lot won't agree with on principle but actually already actively participate in by way of server hopping across TLP.
  10. Dahaman Augur

If you ever update this list... it was more than Mangler's XP rates that cratered Coirnav. It was a trifecta situation.

- Mangler had better XP rates (+30% XP for a 3-month window, +8.33% until 2/12/2020, and now -85% today)
    - Mangler being an exact copy of Phinny/Coirnav released 1 year behind Coirnav (Coirnav was released 2+ years behind Phinny)
    - Selos being released at the same time.

They really, really did a number on Coirnav with an undeniably stellar TLP release for the 20th.

I find it fascinating that Mangler XP had a +30% advantage for 3-months and then has been basically inferior for anyone who used a vet reward on Coirnav with Gates. People sold themselves HARD on that better XP rate. In reality, Mangler folks had to work harder to get back to Coirnav status than they would have if they had just stuck with Coirnav.

Was it worth it? They are just now back to where they were a year ago. Congrats...?

For Posterity:

- 1 year ago as of today, my Coirnav character was Level 61 with 74 AAs
    - Today, my Coirnav character is level 70 with 838 AAs (although 86 AAs were auto-granted)
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I thought that *might* be the case, but I was being lazy and not looking up the dates :)
  12. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Just for completeness sake, would you mind also adding in a comparison to the Test server?
  13. Dahaman Augur

I think Test Server ("2x live rates") and FV ("1.5x live rates") would be good verification of the data as well. It might be a while before I get the numbers to post though. I'm in slow data collection mode as Coirnav gets thru the expansions.