A Coirnav Exp Plea - Beating a horse deader than this server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Salutcestmoi New Member

Yeah would be nice to have some way higher xp increase (not same as Selos, but still higher than Mangler), I tried Selos, feels right to catch up people lvl65, because it's hard to find a group.
    And even at 65 you needs tones of AA to be effective.
  2. Bewts Augur

From my experience, starting with Luclin you’ll see less and less people return for the next unlock.

Don’t get caught holding too tightly onto the utopian idea that expansions bring back everyone who “went on break”.

Ultimately people get tired of the return on investment of TLP as the excitement for the next expansion becomes less and less intoxicating.

I mean... who wants to re-do MORE access quests to raid? They’re hardly ever difficult, and are generally a time sink prerequisite just to raid again. There isn’t even anything worthwhile for character development from completing them outside of the resist AA from OoW’s COA access.
  3. The Hated One Augur

No. You wanted truebox. You wanted slow exp. You wanted these rules and then cheered your win while mocking the requests that would have meant fun for everyone. Then you moan and tantrum when the very thing you thought you were going to avoid happens anyways on these servers; bots, AoE teams, RMT, death to attrition etc etc. You thought you would stop all that but the fact is you didnt. You only killed your own TLP servers. And by you I mean the player base who pushed for all this stuff. So NO. You made this bed and ate potato chips in it. Now you have to lay in it. On a side note...I see Ragefire is moving right along...that server that has that boxing stuff you all hate.
  4. taliefer Augur

Coirnav was always doomed to be a low pop server after a year, because there was no way there wasnt going to be a 20th anniversary TLP or two.

that said, noone on coirnav ASKED for slow exp. coirnav was succesful for a year despite of the exp rate, not because of it.

it will be interesting to see what the exp is like at GoD, because frankly i dont remember the exp on Phinigel having a noticeable jump with GoD launch.
  5. Piznut Angry Gnome

Yeah, no....

I started playing EQ again when Coirnav came out. I had nothing to do with "asking for slow exp" and didn't even know what truebox was when I started. Go buy some booze bud, you're too angry.
  6. Piznut Angry Gnome

The point of this post, is that Coirnav has slower exp than the supposed "Hardcore" server. They changed the ruleset of that server due to public outcry against slow exp, and essentially destroyed Coirnav in the process. If they can change the exp for one server, they can do it for any. Especially when they change it for a server that was initially meant to have slow exp (mangler)
  7. TheChosenOne Augur

I canceled my 3 accounts a couple months ago. I have some peeps on Coirnav that tempt me to come back, but I just find that server unplayable with the slow XP rates, especially after playing on Selos

I have 3 level 65 toons on Coirnav, but just can't deal with that XP rate... its basically like torturing yourself

Heard Selos is on GoD now, i had a warrior and druid on there but i got burnt out raiding. Also did not do well Duoing with a Druid and really regretted not making a Shaman instead

Question: I had about 11 Krono on my account. Will they just start burning my Krono even tho I canceled my monthly subscription? If i ever wanted to come back and play, i would damn sure want to still have those Krono that have greatly appreciated in value... if they are just auto-burning those that would pretty much cement me never coming back
  8. taliefer Augur

no. you have to "consume" the krono in game from the inventory screen to get the game time added
    potatoface likes this.
  9. Darkhain Elder

Lol. I think we have a case here....
    No one ever asked for slow xp, hence Mangler. Most people Coirnav are people who came back to EQ, also RMTer and bots were insignificant compared to Mangler.
  10. taliefer Augur

Coirnav cant even get a tweet from DBG stating GoD releases on coirnav today, like they have for every other server.

neglected child status confirmed
  11. Darkhain Elder

vet reward isn't even working haha
  12. Krezzy Augur

How so? Lesson bumped up my AAXP from 4% to 8% a kill in Tipt last night.
  13. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

The difference is they changed Manglers exp BEFORE launch. They went away with "Hardcore" and "Casual" progression servers. Now it is "Fast" and "Normal". Mangler is no different than Coirnav other than it doesn't have rat exp. You knew your fate when you signed up there. You continued playing there knowing your fate. Live with it or reroll on another TLP like everyone else does.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

All you coirnav people should come back to phinny. I have nothing to do till the 14th, since xp is sooo good I maxed out weeks ago. I'll be happy to help you catch up.
  15. Dahaman Augur

Coirnav folks definitely did not "know their fate" when they started there. That is an argumentative fallacy that people are incorrectly adapting from proper usage about Agnarr being POP locked..

Most people predicted a 20th anniversary TLP server. Some predicted that it would eclipse Coirnav. None predicted the trifecta that happened (1-year earlier phinny close, phinny close with the XP rate most desired, rather brilliant event server rules in Selos). The devs clearly did not plan it as they changed the plan at the last minute, hence no one "knew" Coirnav's fate from the start.

However, it really doesn't matter at all if that point is right or wrong...

You ARE right, so very right, that we on Coirnav have to live with it or leave. The devs aren't apt to do anything about it at this point. The only thing we can do is look at the bright spots.

- Gates is here!
    - Vet rewards and the LOTD button are available
    - Coirnav gained a boosted XP rate (still less than Mangler)
    - Coirnav pets can get group buffs .... talk about the pain relief!

Those are some nice bright spots. :-D
  16. Morgen Elder

Coirnav people should just reroll on some other server, Phinny if they want more modern content, Mangler if they want to do the classic thing again for the billionth time. There's no way your server is going to hold up long term.
  17. taliefer Augur

Gates and Omens are two of the best expansions, i think coirnav will be ok for the next 5 to 6 months.

but long term, yea, i dont hold out hope.

i think Mangler will be the long term play, as i dont actually expect a new TLP next year. a quarm style event server maybe, but not a full blown TLP.

Coirnav is the only TLP that really seemed frivolous, every other TLP served a pretty specific purpose.
  18. AcemoneyFV Augur

Oh, you thought some slow exp server wouldn't die out after a new TLP? :rolleyes: It's not the first TLP, nor the last. If you thought something different, that's on you.
  19. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Yes they did. People have been crying exp is too slow on Coirnav since the day it launched. You stuck around knowing it was as painfully slow as it is.
  20. Piznut Angry Gnome

No..some of us didn't. I don't know why you are so aggressive on the forums. Please show us where the mean Coirnav player touched you.