A Coirnav Exp Plea - Beating a horse deader than this server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

We tried some powerleveling, and it helped. Overall, not a good class match up for power leveling. I played on server launch for a little bit and it wasn't so bad when there were lots of lower level folks. Exp and groups were good and reminded me of classic.

I'm not really complaining. I'm just stating what I observed recently. I just went back to my regular server where I can win EQ with my raid geared max lvl/AA toon. I already raid 3 nights a week so extra play time on a progression server is hard to come by.
  2. Darkhain Elder

Not everyone has Veteran's Reward, my 2 main account doesn't, I know LOTS of people you haven't also.
  3. Bradddd New Member

Only 66% is a joke, need more like 300% because most the time you'll be solo.
  4. Dahaman Augur

If people don't have vet rewards, then they will definitely only get the +66% (est) XP bump. That is only ~80% of Mangler, but it's still a LOT better than for Coirnav what it is now. For those of us use to Coirnav, it will be a good boost.

DODH (Feb 2020) is when the XP on Coirnav will surpass Mangler rates for those without vet rewards.

6 Days Until Gates!
  5. Dahaman Augur

6. Darkhain Elder

Yeah sure it's better than nothing, but it seems you don't get it, we'll have still less xp bonus than Mangler, while on mature server. Any new player starting on Coirnav will still have hard time to group and lvl up solo most the time, unlike Mangler which is overpopulated.
  7. Dahaman Augur

Have no fear, I do get it.

"Make no mistake, I too believe that they really kicked Coirnav when they revised Mangler to be a Phinny clone with far better XP rates to start. They released a Phinny clone a year early AND gave it the XP rates that most people wanted on a TLP server. It was a double whammy.

Gates can't get here fast enough."

The devs (intentional or not) CRUSHED Coirnav for the purpose of releasing a stellar 20th anniversary line-up (and it was!) They could have increased Coirnav XP to match the Mangler when they made the decision to update Mangler's XP rate (from the dismal settings they originally broadcast) to lessen the effect on Coirnav. It would have been that simple and would only have added to the 20th anniversary.

There just isn't anything I can do about it except put "lipstick on a pig". So, I choose not to complain, but instead look at the bright side.

6 Days Until Gates!
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Aside from the hyperbole in this thread there aren't many numbers and I'm honestly curious. Is Coirnavprogress not accurate, if not how many raid guilds left? How many folks in genchat at peak and offpeak times?
  9. Krezzy Augur

Active raid guilds is a pretty shallow measurement for server activity. Coirnav still has a handful, but the server is obviously not healthy. General chat channel typically has between 100-150 in it during peak server hours. PoK usually has 30-40 population. Finding or forming a group for XP even during peak hours can be very challenging.

The guilds that are actively raiding have a majority of players that either spend far more time playing on other servers, or else only play EQ to raid.
  10. SunDrake Augur

Boze, for the most part my time spent on Coirnav is just logging in for raids now and maybe running some LDoNs after, so others might surely know more about off raid hours. General chat seems to be 110-160ish most times I log in. We generally still fill out Time raids, low attendance is around 60. I believe at least 3-4 of those guilds on Coirnav Progress are totally defunct, and I'd expect to see maybe 6 of the 15 guilds that cleared Time clear GoD in era. Not sure about RI or whether or not they still play on Coirnav, but that'd add one to the GoD list if they do.
  11. Alikat Lorekeeper

This is a bit off, I /list all the time, and general chat goes down to like 150 in the dead of night. Prime time hours its usually 250-300.
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

OK, that's about ballpark with Phinigel right now.
  13. Piznut Angry Gnome

There are still a few raid guilds, but mostly people are only online during their raid times and then log off. That I think plays more into LDON being a mindnumbing 3 month expansion.

As it stands right now at almost 5pm EST, there are 171 people in General chat (no duplicate channels). That includes a guild who is raiding right now. Not prime time, but meh.

I'll let you know about the prime time channel.
  14. Piznut Angry Gnome

The other issue with newcomers or players returning and our garbage exp at this point, is that it makes getting caught up on AA's a nightmare. And autogrants are still almost 5 months away for us.
  15. DeseanJackson Augur

I thought auto-grant wasn’t until DoDH, that would make it much later, like 9 months and some change:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NLbUy1OwxF95ssDYTkFPMItVt2fzjd9shfKfDqaDFVU/edit#gid=0

Edit: Subtract 2months if GoD and DoN are 2month expansions, I’m not sure when that mechanic kicks in.
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

17. Aegir Augur

You can probably hope for DBG doesn't release new TLP's similar to Coirnav/Mangler next year, else it's gonna be rough pushing into lv 70's era with that population - along the competition for population from other TLP servers :-(
  18. Bradddd New Member

DBG doesn't care about Coirnav, cause they killed Coirnav, with their change of rule set of Mangler.
    Don't expect anything.
  19. Piznut Angry Gnome

It's sad how true this is.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

There's nothing to keep coirnav healthy. Its going to be a recruit your friends type of server. Otherwise, new players simply don't choose slow exp when fast is an option, all other things being equal.

People were criticized for hating on coirnav when it launched, but they were only criticizing a poorly thought out server with nothing unique to offer. It was easy to see it as the cash grab it appeared to be.