24 box of mages destroying HG on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dlovin2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Dammit! Bitcoin is down again!
    jeskola and Machentoo like this.
  2. Joobs New Member

pretty sure DBG can ban anyone for anything at any point whenever they want. I find it weird when people come in here and say crap like 'for all we know they set up mechanical bird heads to drop at the same time, which isn't against the rules'.

DBG chooses to do nothing, period. As a 'new' player, this turns me off this game...... doubt I'll ever really play EQ longterm... but DBG doesn't care... keep giving these boxers 20 krono for your epic and it will never go away. Many people go to great lengths to never give DBG a $1 and you wonder why they wont do anything about this source of income. What's worse is the top end guilds facilitate these high prices as well because they base their price on whats available instead of thinking of the community. They have 6 or 10(duplicate I mean) high end items sitting in their guild bank and refuse to lower the price to sell them all and instead sell 1 or 2 at a ridiculous high price and then the other 4-8 items lose all their value a week later(referring to TLP)... people are really dumb btw.

For now, I will enjoy it as long as I can and probably quit because I don't like supporting chinese krono farmers(even though im krono rich) and it ruins the essence of the game(especially on these TLPs). Considering starting on Agnarr or a low pop server like Trak(i think?). DBG should really care how much these practices sicken their community - but I don't work at DBG so wtf do I know.
  3. LittleBrumski Augur

Thats what they told us. I think the overarching reason the thresholds are too high is so that the mega-boxers couldn't go into a zone and spawn their own personal picks for their guilds/themselves. I know guilds on live did exactly that: spawn picks and then leave it with 1 person to hold it.

I can understand closing a pick with less than a group in it, but the pick thresholds are still way too high for pretty much every zone. They all need to be halved.
  4. Gromden New Member

DBG will do nothing. That person pays more than you. You, and your experience playing, mean nothing to DBG.

If they truly cared they would have taken a hard stance on this a looong time ago. Instead they have done nothing to stop it.

Don't expect anything to happen. Just move on and do something else or log out. The only thing that will change DBG's mind is if enough people quit playing with a direct response of boxers like this being the reason why. You gotta cost DBG more money than they are making off people like this for them to truly care and do something about it.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It might be 24 friends working together, enjoying EQ.
  6. Nakami New Member

Ah yes, that perennial favourite of e-sports - Synchronised Gaming!
    Reiker99 likes this.
  7. RolePlayith Journeyman

I'm not interested in competition in this game, I never have been. This is supposed to be a fantasy RPG, not a re-enactment of all of the failings of capitalism, a game I've already won elsewhere (and thus, have no time for in a game). It's supposed to be about killing dragons. Competition is for hardcore servers, keep it alive there for sure. Scarcity exists only in this game because someone set it up in a database, there's no actual reason for it, unlike RL.

I don't think "private" pick-zones are necessarily a requirement for "community" at all. All picks can be public as they are now, in combination with pick timers this should be enough to reduce the idiocy to a dull roar. Given that the respawn rates are around 10 minutes, there is a practical limit to pick hopping by these groups. Simply allowing picks to spawn at a lower threshold should be enough.

lguk can be held by one 6 man group, period. The open threshold should be 6. POI should be 6. The Deep should be 12. Seb should be 12. Some zones like Chardok and Velks can support 18, great. If the server load is too much to deal with for dynamic picks, set the ZEM in those places much higher to lure people there. Or admit that your server infrastructure really can't justify the incredibly low xp rates + population these servers have and increase the XP rate a lot.
  8. Machentoo Augur

It's more than just what they told us. When they changed the pick thresholds, it made a drastic improvement in server stability and lag.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Nonsense. Scarcity IS the game. WIthout scarcity, no one would play.
  10. Ruggar Lorekeeper

You do realize this person pays nothing and just plays using krono he received from others for plat?
  11. Machentoo Augur

Doesn't matter, DBG still gets their money because he creates a demand for krono.
    Dythan likes this.
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Every Krono was 1st bought by a lazy 1 boxing idiot.
  13. Numiko Augur

you dont need any fancy hardware to hit multiple keys at the same time, a stick will do..

[IMG]
    Tucoh and Mintalie like this.
  14. RolePlayith Journeyman

Some of us play it to slay virtual dragons and drink beer.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Or just your fingers. It is not hard to arrange six keypads so that you can press three with each hand at the same time.
  16. Machentoo Augur

If the dragons didn't have treasure, no one would slay them.
  17. RolePlayith Journeyman

Yes, we would. But perhaps just once or twice per server.
  18. a_librarian Augur

I like this solution
    Misaligned and snailish like this.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Nah. We'd be playing a different game.

The entire fantasy role playing game model only works if there are rewards that increase the power of your character. If you had a choice between a game where you can slay dragons and get nothing for it, or slay dragons and get the shiny +1 longsword of dragon slaying, just about every one of us would choose the latter every time.
    Dythan likes this.
  20. snailish Augur

^I get what you are saying, but also agree with Machentoo's point about pick thresholds being changed did coincide with the game running better. So either they are connected or... conspiracy!

Let's ignore conspiracy and very briefly look at Lower Guk. Great zone... so easy to "fix" to suit the modern progression with pickzone game:

-really reduce the respawn timer. Faster respawns shrinks camps --you want them spawning fast enough that the average group can't hold down the entire named undead frog side.

-keep the drops on the named... and put a small % chance of the nice loots dropping on any of the NPC in the zone. Give people an incentive to kill the minotaurs and such.

-Make the nice loot no drop... like much/most things Luclin+ are in the game already.

-Put in more spawns, that don't follow the current zone rules [i.e., a highly magic resist, unmezzable, uncharmable bunch of roaming frogloks that spawn on 5-25 minute variable timers, that despawn for 5-10 minutes if left up too long.]

and so on.