24 box of mages destroying HG on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dlovin2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. a_librarian Augur

considering the spawns there are basically instant, so the more damage you bring the more money you get... I'd guess 5k plat an hour
  2. Sturn Augur

I thought the pp drop rate for HG was nerfed several TLPs ago?
  3. a_librarian Augur

I believe the seafuries in OOT were nerfed
  4. Elemenopi Augur

Thats simply moving the goal posts, attempting to draw attention away from the "cant possibly know for sure" claim.

How youd be detected when breaking those rules is semantics.

Fact is, youd be detected, if they wanted to (rea$on why they don't care a$ much as $ome forumite$ would like them to, already provided)

Keep last wording me, and I'll keep pointing out the logical contradictions.

As per previous, keep in mind I'm using "you" in the royal sense, not in the personal.
  5. Elemenopi Augur

Depends. WOW can do expansions fast enough to placate even those who got their loot the fastest (at least they could for a long time) - but some games cannot or do not put out new expansions that quickly, and it would be much harder for them to keep people around with the combination of both handing out loot more quickly and taking longer to put out new content. Also keep in mind WOW puts artificial timers on their instanced raids to keep people from farming out all the loot within weeks of release on their mains.

WOW is the exception and not the rule here, because their success brought in multiplicitively higher resources to work with than many of the clones that spawned trying, but never succeeding, to reproduce that level of financial success.

Other games either do large expansions every 2-3 years, or they do much smaller updates where the players can easily farm the progression out of them well before the next update releases. If MMOs began playing like single player loot pinata games they'd turn into ghost towns fairly quickly.
  6. snailish Augur

No drop loot means you need a customer there in 28 minutes or you didn't profit from that time input of farming. It means you can't sit on the spawn the first 3 weeks and loot it with other characters that gate back and forth to commons. Only the choicest nodrop loots in classic era would remain drama spawns (worth the bother) --and yes those would have porters in commons ready to take the willing customer there and/or be destroyed while the price was high to keep the price high.

AE is an interesting topic... we've seen other large pulling tactics drastically reduced in effectiveness over the years. Lower Guk was certainly not designed with the intent that it would be a single person/group would pull the entire undead from side and kill it a big sweep zone. If you can pull all of that but can't handle a couple of magic resist/not charmable/not stunnable in the mix then I'm not sure you are ready to AE there?

A lot of this comes down to having a lot of 40+ population in the smallest part of the game. Something that only happens on progression.
  7. Callan New Member

Same complaints rinse & repeat every time a new TLP opens, ever since the Krono was added EQ died & Kronoquest began. These mage box armies are the same people that travel to every new TLP to take advantage of any new or returning noob players in order to farm krono off them. Its a win/win for DBG cause these new or noob players are forced to buy krono in exchange for these mage perma camped items thats why nothing is done to them no matter what evidence you have.
  8. Ceffener Augur

WoW expansions are 2-3 years.....EQ was doing 2 in 1 year at one point.
  9. Candystore Augur

I log into live servers from time to time, but I have a very hard time logging into TLP servers.

TLP servers have become Krono farm servers. There are large US networks of krono farmers on TLP that suck unsuspecting regular players dry by taking complete control over the economy.

It's a non-issue on live servers because krono farmers have no power there, almost all loot is no-drop. But on TLP, all loot can be traded in classic, and the economy is completely in control of the krono farmers.

And when you have krono farmers, you also have box armies, hacking, training, and an inflated economy were prices are so high that normal players are forced to buy krono to buy anything. Basically you get a toxic server.
  10. Candystore Augur

The funny thing is, I never had anything against Chinese plat farmers, they played in the middle of the night and left everyone alone.

But western krono farmers are a completely different breed of player. They are agressive, they train, they campsteal, they hack, they are deeply infiltrated into hacking forums and TLP raid guilds, if not running most of them, etc. They are incredibly disruptive and rude players who greatly affect regular players and the server economy.
    Ishbu likes this.
  11. Elemenopi Augur

WOW was mostly 2 years save for the first one.

The same will happen in WOW classic btw. When people already know the meta-game that content will not hold out for a fraction of time it did when people needed to figure it out.

Right now on Mangler there are 50s raiding in less than a week of uptime. People believe the formula is to drop loot MORE often?
    Ishbu likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Einstein's definition of insanity is at play here. ;)
  13. Machentoo Augur

You are right. I'm done responding to this line of debate now. Especially with DBG having deleted half the conversation so I can't even go back and cite what I am referencing.
  14. Ishbu Augur

People never realize that things being less confirmed to the players QoL and more drawn out with limited drops per server is WHY eq created so many great memories.

If I got max level in a week and routinely had BiS gear a fraction through each expansion it would get dull and hold no nistalgia for me. Oh wait, that's eq2. A game I achieved higher levels of success but have no nostalgic craving for at all.
  15. dlovin2 New Member

FYI, this guy is still there. Has a character spaced out every 10-15 feet.. auto sicking pets on everything.

Glad i canceled my sub. Complete failure of a server
  16. Trox2010 Augur

Thats because Sony used to aggressively go after the plat farmers; here DBG doesn't bother so the Krono farmers are allowed to be disruptive. If Sony didn't bother with them the plat farmers would have been just as bad (case in point the gold farmers on Lineage 2 servers were extremely aggressive since NCSoft didn't care about them).

If DBG actually cared about the game, and went after the Krono farmers you would see them start to go back to playing at midnight in some out of the way zones.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Didn't atabishi get removed from effreeti for monopolizing content? Another shady person in my guild was once temp suspended for "monopolizing content"... so in other words, despite scripted play or not, some krono farmers were resolved in very unambiguous rules.
    Atabishii likes this.
  18. Risiko Augur

How come nobody ever streams these people on Twitch, so I have something to watch while at work?