24 box of mages destroying HG on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dlovin2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Weebles Augur

It’s not difficult. When they all stand at the exact same time and all cast at the exact same time, it’s very obvious that one key is sending a message to multiple characters.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Except I used to do that with 4 keypads and no key broadcasting just to screw with you. The human eye cannot distinguish between scripted things and a trained percussionist hitting four keys at the same time. Neither can computer algorithms, for that matter.
  3. Took2summmit Elder

Anyone boxing more than 6 should have to submit video evidence to DBG that they are manning 6+ computers without an assistance. Because while you may be able to hit 4 keys at once to make it look seamless, I doubt anyone has mastered the art of hitting 24 keys at once on 24 separate numpads, which is what this post is about, after all. Not whether you can make 4 keystrokes looks like a boxer "just to screw with us".
    Barton likes this.
  4. Sethiroth Augur

Tbf, the other option, instead of one mage army taking over one spot, is multiple mage armies taking over all the good spots /shrug
  5. BraxKedren Journeyman

What's really sad is this started in Qeynos newbie area outside the gates last light. Had a full raid team running around killing everything and nobody could do anything. It's getting to the point where it just might be better to go roll on Agnarr, as I'm really enjoying the game, and level and play there than have to fight a raid for leveling spots.
  6. dlovin2 New Member

First it's hill giants.

Next it's dominating high value equipment drops.

And before we all know it, were paying a 24 mage box army 2 krono per epic piece that they got on lock down.

uhgggggggggggggggggggg
  7. jeskola pheerie

8. Intin Elder

It works a little something like this.
    [IMG]
  9. The Hated One Augur

Maybe it is just some disgruntled boxer who is protesting the fact that DBG is trying to alienate boxers? This is his or her way of protesting that boxers should have gotten a TLP too!
  10. Captain Video Augur

And here I thought 24-boxing was the exclusive province of Asian hentai MMOs. I was always glad not to know what that looked like, exactly.
  11. Ishbu Augur

Lol please. If you are synchronizing a precise movement and casting as one across 4 characters in harmony, then either your movement is so meticulous and deliberate you arent beating anyone to anything or you are using something to assist with that.

It is impossible to do this repeatedly and with precision across 4 separate accounts at once simultaneously over and over recreating actual game play.
    Drexyll likes this.
  12. Intin Elder

He plays drums dude. Do you really think drummers aren't capable of keeping a beat?
  13. Garrison Journeyman

Just nerf plat drops on Giants.... Way too much plat in the game.
    a_librarian and Misaligned like this.
  14. RolePlayith Journeyman

It was pointed out before these servers launched that TrueBox is dead and only hurting the rule followers. That person (ok it was me) got shouted down and ridiculed, with arguments like "it's working well enough". Except it turns out I know things evidently no one here knows or chooses to acknowledge.

There is no real solution to this that someone won't work around, and given how many different groups have evolved different tools for getting around TrueBox, i don't think it can actually be fixed for more than perhaps a couple months. There are two solutions, taken together, that should simply make it moot:

1) Item scarcity needs to disappear. If you need ornate plate molds, you should go to one of the N mobs that drop ornate, and it should drop every time. This will reduce the RL value of these items to limit the players who can field a 24-box army to those that have actual RL dollars, and a desire to waste them on this game.
    2) Pickzone thresholds need to drop radically, or be dynamically spawnable. A lot of reasons these armies exist is to make the items unobtainable by dominating the camps, take that away from them and they won't be worth supporting anymore

Any other solution is a delusion at best.
  15. Ceffener Augur

That’s small time, we can do better.

[IMG]
    jeskola likes this.
  16. Ceffener Augur

Single groups being able to spawn a pick would solve all the problems. But apparently that ruins “competition” and “community”. I’m not really sure how, haven’t been ina group that wanted to DPS race for a camp and you don’t talk to the people outside your group. You pick around until you find a spot that’s open and just camp it.

Servers crashing when too many picks are open though, that would have to be solved.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I am curious where all of these screen shots are when someone comes across such things. Always someone claiming they saw xyz and yet they did not bother to hit one button near all of the other buttons they are pushing to capture the evidence and post it. Not saying this did not happen but for all anyone knows this is just someone playing story time trying to stir the pot. A simple screen shot will go along ways amongst getting not only anti boxers but also boxers who play by the rules to jump on board with these claims.
  18. RandomStrategy Augur

Perhaps they rigged some sort of device to press all the keypads at once. The rules never say anything about mechanical devices to initiate multiple commands at once, only software.

I imagine it to be some sort of K'Nex setup....or...alternatively....Lego.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

If you have an nVidia card use Shadowplay. It's created by nVidia and, AFAIK, does some of the work on the video card so it should be more efficient. I guess it doesn't really matter for EQ, though.
  20. MarttinPH Augur

You do know the server has Agent of Change. Aside from a couple fringe pieces for epics, I don't think you should have trouble getting any of the pieces without competition.