19th Anniversary: Dreadspire Time Sink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolani Augur

@Yinla: I haven't participated in Beta since they started requiring pre-payment for Beta testers, I imagine that's part of why the last few betas have been messy, along with certain devs being overly fond of the /kill command when testing missions with players.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

I can use mercis... in both anni task...
  3. CymrilBlade New Member

So are they going to make a choice to lose even more money over their incompetence? Yeah I said it... Delivering a product that is faulty on seemingly all occasions is incompetence. Maybe it goes up past the devs to management pushing to fast. But it's still the same thing.....
  4. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

you're only the 50th person to say it, gratz
  5. Rickate Augur

That would explain why when I logged into FV there was a motd advising people not to buy or sell the Extruded Black Pearl. Oh wait, that would require caring about your customers.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

And Ak'Anon is going to pay for it!
  7. Cleaver Augur

EOK beta was pretty dam good and the expansion itself was really good. TBM/ROS are another story however.

Anyone who was in the EOK beta would tell you the activity from the devs was way better and stuff was reported and fixed in a timely manner. Except the Aura blocker for Korsha i cant think of much in the beta that wasn't working at release.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

lol...
    Well, i will probably take a peek when the hotfix is out - but if my expectations after this comment are on the mark, then it'll be not a 19th anniversary mission in effect, but a 21st one.

Next time you plan to release a mission that - in the "intended way" takes at least 3hrs to complete with hard-hitters like these are, think again and leave it alone - go directly to the next thing on your ToDo list.
    You know, like fixing the AB chat lag.
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
  9. Zelena Journeyman

How about for the people who did it the hard way just make it a little bit better then the original. Say like 2 more heroic stats and maybe 25 more hps and 5 AC or something. Just my 2 cents.
  10. Monkman Augur

They can barely push out succulent caps from beta, you think they’re going to go through the logs to see who did it the proper way and who didn’t.. just to add additional stats?
  11. melemayhem Journeyman

well i tried to do it with 110 mage, 105 range, 105 wiz, i cant do it, the mobs kill tank merc then mage pet np, how were pple surposed to do quest with mobs hitting like a truck, and u surposed be able get and do solo how? Just stupid, i can kill in overthere np, so i should be able do this
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  12. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

who said this was a solo mission? i never heard of that... as far as i know there are 2 group missions and 2 solo missions in 19th anni.... tent/aug as group and bonner rod/bag as solo

but its very doable in its current form if you know what to do..(tho very OP imo, but doable... this would be more of a end zone progression task difficultly imo.... not for an ani task). you need a real healer.. tank.. puller/CC. (Anni Missions should be fun, since they are only up for a limited time)

I feel like the rest of the 19th task are fun and simple enough for anni stuff.... this one was just too OP for casual players....

if you dont know what to do or how to find clues, you can waste 6 hours and not even get the aug... but hey... at least you get 5 coins =)
  13. smash Augur

You ask who said its a solo mission.

Ngreth said that in 1 of the bug themes, even that he would prefer people did group to do it. It was said when people said that mercs could not be used.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

So a whole bunch of bans inc? Or it was cool to use the exploit before a dev actually said something about it?
  15. Bigstomp Augur

42k is a bit rough, but not something a group geared tank can't handle.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hot fixed yet?

Not seeing anything in the patch note forum.
  17. Tamaden Elder

Not yet, i am not doing anything in EQ till punishments are announced. We are the ones that guessed it right without needing all clues. Who knew EQ player base is so smart.../hint
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not sure how they can ban anyone for this without taking a serious look at themselves as to why they let something so broken go live. How can you ban someone who did everything right, got the paste and yet couldn't complete the mission because it wouldn't update? They still got the aug. How can you blame people for taking short cuts when they run out of time to complete the mission (over 6 hours)? How were the ever going to get the bonus otherwise?

The aug is a bonus for doing "something" in the mission, that objective was completed, maybe not in the way it was intended, but this kind of quest is always open to guess work.

I'm missing bonus for a 13th anniversary quest. once i get the bonus I'm not bothered about finishing the mission as I've done it before, should i be banned for not finishing the mission and only getting the bonus? I think its only an achievement or possibly a title, but the principal is just the same.
  19. Tamaden Elder

You trying to be calm and rational about this situation Yinla. Not going to and almost never did work in the past with Devs when they angry at smart players...they yell EXPLOIT and pull out their Suspension or Nerf bat ( sometimes both )
  20. Venaki Elder

I can't understand why using your vision class tools can be considered an exploit, if it's the most logical way to go. Grab the meal from the table, cast identify on them, no info given so choose to deliver the meal to NPC. NPC grabs only one of these, so you know which class is the murderer. Summon eye to take a look at the rooms for mobs, to give an idea to your group for pulling. Find a ground spawn that is the same that the NPC took, so you have the room where the murderer has been commited. By the way, to get the bonus items in most anni tasks is not needed to finish them, and even at least in one of them you CAN'T finish the task if you want the bonus (pieces is pieces).

Players always use their tools to do the same thing in different ways, that's why every class has distinctive abilities, it's even in class lore, it's not even thinking outside the box. It's so logical and natural to get to that conclusion that one thinks is the way it has to be done, especially when mobs come all together and hit like dozens of trains. Barely impossible to clean rooms? Then is wrong, it has to be made in a different, and not unexpected way. Why in the hell the npc only grabs the murderer meal, and why it has to be a ground spawn in the right room with the same murderer's meal? Don't do a ground spawn, just a regular drop in a mob. If you can see clearly what the ground spawn is, is completely logical to think that the task WANTS you to do that to get the bonus item.

I did it with my group, yes, after trying and dying, and dying, and dying. We all get to the conclusion that it has to be done in a different way, because clearing everything being as terribly hard as it is, can't be the right way. Tasks are there to THINK in ways to accomplish them, not to rush killing everything in a party to just loot some items like brainless butchers, that doesn't make any sense in an INVESTIGATION and PUZZLE task. In a task like that you should use your brain and get to the conclusion discreetly, unnoticeable for the people around you, and especially if you are in a big, formal ball like that.

Your fault in terrible design, devs. Don't punish playerbase just in anniversary tasks for poor development and absolutely 100% your only fault.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.