19th Anniversary: Dreadspire Time Sink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolani Augur

This game is starting to turn into EQ2, punishing creative gameplay that thinks outside the box.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Slippry like this.
  2. enclee Augur

It’s not even thinking outside the box, it’s just guess a murderer and the room. You could just screw around and complete the mission in a couple minutes that’s really poor design. We even had someone delete the berry paste, because they thought it was the failure item, lol.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  3. Imak Augur

15th Anniversary:
    Magically Delicious: can acquire the bonus item Jimothy Junior without completing task.
    A Ranger's Tale: can acquire the bonus item Essence of Vex without completing task.

16th Anniversary
    Belle of the Ball: can acquire the bonus item Metamorph Totem Speckled Hare without completing task.
    Pub Crawl: can acquire the bonus item Drunkard's Stein without completing task.
    Cleansing the Ground: can acquire the bonus item Cleansing Rod without completing task.
    Liquid Courage: can acquire the bonus item Golden Helm of Ralloz Zek without completing the task.

19th Anniversary
    A Formal Dinner Party: can acquire the bonus item Extruded Black Pearl without completing the task.
    Pieces is Pieces: can acquire the bonus item Deep Caverns Collection Case without completing the task.

Bonus items are bonuses. Some folks don't care to complete the task for the reward of Commemorative Coins.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Looks right to me.
    Cailen likes this.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

this task was NO DIFFERENT then any of the other anniversary events, get the item without having to complete the task....so that being said, and dont all pull out your halos at once, the ban hammer could go back a long way if this task, just the same as the others, is going to cause this many waves. Just my 2cp.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Seconding this, it took literally no time for people to realize it wasn't functioning properly and could have easily been fixed had it been tested (which shouldn't be on us to test live and then be punished for said testing). There's also a historic precedence for bonus rewards to not require the mission to be completing and I don't recall anyone being punished in the past while going for other items in this fashion.
    Cailen and feeltheburn like this.
  7. Kolani Augur

I think it's more along the lines of people focusing on intended completion so much that they don't bother to think of ways that the playerbase can work around their mechanics. For instance, we had a monk die on the named the other night and not get the berry paste, after he was rezzed he got a berry paste and a lore item message to other people in task...implying that on FV you can probably turn the paste in, slap that aug in shared bank and get another paste.
  8. Fohpo Augur

I haven't seen anyone get double pastes in one run, but I know you can have the aug and get another paste.
  9. Kolani Augur

I didn't feel like running out to DSK or I would have checked.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is as designed. One paste on you. The aug is lore and no trade and NOT heirloom, so yeah only a server with the FV loot rules can get more than one per person anyway unless you delete the aug.
  11. Fohpo Augur

Kolani (I believe) and myself both play on FV, and I was speaking from personal experience but I do see your point.
  12. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

Do you have an idea when the hotfix will be, so we know when its Safe to do mission....
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Do you have an idea when the hotfix will be, so we know when its Safe to do mission....[/quote]
    I do not have an ETA yet, though it is planned for today.

The mission is doable now (A Ranger murderer is a PITA but doable) but harder than it will be after the hotfix.
    Zhaunil_AB and keviin101higuys like this.
  14. Dreadmore Augur

Why's there so much panic? No one has said there will be bans or suspensions.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

^^^^^^
    CymrilBlade likes this.
  16. Cleaver Augur

The mission is doable now (A Ranger murderer is a PITA but doable) but harder than it will be after the hotfix.[/quote]

Saying its doable now might as well say if you want to spend 4-5 hrs clearing trash its doable unless you have raid dps and a raid tank.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. DruidCT Augur

It was implied:

Corwyhn Lionheart and Warpeace like this.
  18. DruidCT Augur

Suspending people during Anniversary celebrations would be really bad customer relations. But I could see removing the aug and paste from any character that does not have the mission achievement. But if they are making the mission easier anyway I'm not sure I would bother.
  19. Dreadmore Augur

I saw that. I'm just being objective.
    How often do inferences of Ngreth's posts here actually become fact?
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The mission is doable now (A Ranger murderer is a PITA but doable) but harder than it will be after the hotfix.[/quote]

Are the NPCs difficulty going to be brought in line with the LDON one? Currently Dreadspire is much harder.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.