19th Anniversary: Dreadspire Time Sink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Greetings Developers (or whomever reads this stuff),

Please tweak this so it does not take 4 hours to finish. I'm sure many EQ players can sit for 4 hours and grind this out but.... isn't this supposed to be a celebration?

Best,
    PF
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

It took me six hours, and I didn't finish :)
  3. EnchFWO Augur

Haven't had a chance to try this yet... what exactly takes so long to do in the mission?
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What? You don't enjoy beta testing on live servers?;)
  5. svann Augur

Im sure if you bring a full group of raid geard players it will go quicker.
    :)
  6. Tevraii Journeyman

Just finished, took, 3 and a box 4 hrs. We got all the drops but guessed the wrong room, so no Aug. It is a timesink.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Does anyone know if it scales or is it meant for level 110?
  8. Tevraii Journeyman

At 110, everything was yellow, minus a few white conned books. I was able to smokegloom everything. I do not have an answer about scaling.
  9. Riou EQResource

Believe this one is supposed to scale yea, dunno how low of a level though
  10. Zaviere Augur

My guess is lv75 is the lowest it will scale, since the bonus aug is Req Level 75
  11. Allayna Augur

The mission is completable in a few hours...let’s say 2-3, but you won’t have all the clues unless you clear nearly the whole zone. Many expletives were uttered after clearing the whole zone to guess the wrong room but get the murderer correct. Nice job on making mobs see SoS too...
    Jordis likes this.
  12. Tevraii Journeyman

The correct room made zero sense to us. I guess we'll just have to get lucky.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This mission scales 70 to 110. (Player level... so player level +1 to 3 overall, in general)

There *IS* a way to know the correct room. If you know the murderer and took good notes along the way of things that "don't belong", and make a careful observation of the murderer before you state the room, then information *IS* available. (that's as much of a hint, and it's a fairly telling hint IMO, as I'm giving, at this time)

One shortcut, if feasible around mobs, is that killing the hallway NPC's is not necessary, nor the "entry hall" Only the rooms that Melion asks about can have the clues.

I used the zone base-pop. The only thing I changed is I made them level scale and in most cases their faction. So they have any abilities the Dreadspire base-pop has.
    Tornicade_IV and Fanra like this.
  14. Riou EQResource

You don't have to clear to correctly guess the murderer and room, you can do it without killing a single mob, only needing an Eye of Zomm type ability/click
  15. Tevraii Journeyman

I suppose I am a bit confused then, we tried to pay attention and one item we needed to turn into the NPC dropped in the hallway before the ballroom off a werewolf, it was a baton. So in our case it would have been necessary to kill in the hallway.

We'll give it another go this evening and see if we do better.
  16. svann Augur

Cleared every mob in zone afaik, except that track was telling me there were some (or at least 1) in the room behind the wall in the library. Could find no way to open that wall though. Got 2 drops and 1 ground spawn. Is there a way through that library wall? Are there more ground spawns? Nothing we picked up worked except a turkey.
  17. Nekro Journeyman

These mobs are on steroids which is one thing that makes it take so long.
    Tried to pet tank it and they chewed through the pets.
  18. Zaviere Augur

It's possible to click the front door (southern most door in the area you spawn into) to go to the path leading to the "zone in" from The Hive. You can also click up to the southern spire from the end of the bedroom hallway to the east of the entryway room.
  19. Fooba Augur

Cleared the entire zone and ended up having to drop the task.
  20. Cleaver Augur

I'm convinced you have absolutely no clue what fun is.
    Slippry, Corwyhn Lionheart and Jordis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.