1 disrupting many has to stop (frustrated)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Solkos, Jun 24, 2015.

1. rekais910 Augur

I remember when I first saw one of your posts a few days ago about how you were enjoying the tlp and doing things you never got the chance to do and working in alchemy and tailoring. Now you're arguing the points like the rest of us. Even have a signature making a statement. I love these forums, but I'm starting to hate them at the same time. Eh I'm at work.. what else do I got to do at the moment.
  2. Rhiyannon Augur

umm... seriously? so i am supposed to think his response saying people are just jealous is okay?
  3. Makelite Augur

It's obvious a larger group of individuals are upset they got beat by two people, funny what knowledge and organization will do for you. He may or may not have trained others at certain times but his naggy recollection is pretty much how it went. His only real recourse is that he talks crap, people have feelings these days so they react as such. If it's that bad then keep reporting him and if nothing happens, then you know where to place blame. Until then, suck it up and bring a larger force, that's all you can do right now.
  4. rekais910 Augur

I'm confused. I was just mentioning that I remember seeing one of your posts about your experience and now you're calling people out on their . It's funny to see how people develop on these forums. I've seen at least a dozen people now who have developed a strong opinion one way or another after having to hop on these forums for one issue or another. There really wasn't much of a point to my post other than it being a passing bit of musing on the nature of the forums.
  5. Rhiyannon Augur

you've missed a few posts then...
  6. rekais910 Augur

No doubt I have. Though I've been following these forums like a hawk and while I tend to probably post to much, I also read what I can without responding. You and many others have made some dam good points that I agree with. This thread is a testament to one of the problems that is plaguing everquest. The use of QacroMuest to control characters in any respect is ridiculous as it brings access to other hacks that shouldn't be tolerated. Not to mention some of the people who box this many characters have attitudes that frankly need to be beaten out of them by their parents they are so bad. The whole things is exacerbated by the fact that the actions of one can effect so dam many people it's ridiculous and even worse yet, that more than likely the cost of running their accounts is more about spending time getting money in game to pay for the kronos, many of which could very well be purchased by those who are getting screwed over by the same guy using them.
  7. Elkay Augur

If the community can't police themselves and DBG doesn't have the resources to do it anymore, then DBG should just grab the EQ2 encounter locking logic and put it in place here, even if on a new "PnP" rules server instead of changing the current ones. I'd gladly switch over, or even pay a premium for that server to offload the dev expense.

Want the encounter? Be first on target. No debating or DPS griefing anymore.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Rhiyannon Augur

yesterday i spent quite a bit of time at the ig on rage, got 2500pp and a few levels. not going to buy one krono with it, i refuse to support those farming for the kronos like this guy. he is an athema to a game made for grouping.
  9. rekais910 Augur

Aww. I wish I could get a hold of the IG camp. That would be sweet as hell. Though at least this morning I got the crusader camp in Lguk and managed to pull a mith runed tunic for my shaman.

On the other note, I haven't purchased or owned a single krono since they came out. I'm not really a fan of them, never have really. I began to dislike them even more when I first met people who box literally three groups worth (my first instance was toxn on fippy) and learned that kronos support those kind of player's accounts. It was a weird and unnerving thing to see.
  10. Jordis Augur

It's not an isolated incident or limited to that individual (and I have no idea who he is, there's enough others to choose from that it makes it hard to narrow it down), and has happened over and over on both progression servers.

This isn't a race, it's griefing. No developer ever said that was what they wanted, and certainly no one other than the greifers want it on the servers, any of them. There's competition and there is a matter of running over a group of people already engaged. That's called training and kill stealing. Kill stealing may be a "DPS" race to you, but it's not competition. Was he there first, or did he steal the situation? Is it a bot issue? Partially, but there have been plenty of guilds that did the same thing. There have been guilds that were one person with a bot armies through out the years; which says more about their ablitity to deal with other people then about computer/game expertise. In the regular game raid instances were introduced so competition focused on beating the mobs/raids and gearing up rather than fighting endlessly in ooc and with GMs (who were not always unbiased in their decisions) and ks'ing. What I think is key in what the announcement of changes said was " to require coordination of larger groups of people."

Everquest raids progressed from straight dps fights to increased coordination of varying classes and people working cooperatively to kill a mob and being able to adapt to situations that arose for various reasons. Throw in enough variables that require reaction time by good players and the raid becomes increasingly difficult to bot script or take over.

We clearly have people that are operating outside the EULA on Ragefire and Lockjaw and reports are being made. If the devs and DB don't do something about them, putting the play on competitive rather than anything goes, then people will just plain stop playing there.
  11. Asheran Augur

He was first to engage in every situation mentioned. The "dps racing" refers to others jumping in, to try beating him.
  12. Fiyero Augur

Easy to do when you can macro quest and warp your way to targets...
  13. rekais910 Augur

You won't see warping done in general as they have cracked down on that. Someone warps and they will most likely get banned very soon after. You can thank the fippy detective for that one.
  14. Greymere Augur

There is a reason he does it with his wizard able to evac as well once he positions himself in another raid
  15. Fiyero Augur

My point was he was warping during his early dragon/god kills. He admitted he cheats, yet Modest Man seems to have no problem with his tarnished reputation being associated with them.
  16. rekais910 Augur

To be fair, I've already heard that there are plenty of trashy individuals in that guild. He's in good company.
  17. Fiyero Augur

Yeah I have too. There are a few good ones, but they're inviting a lot of trash in too.
  18. Thrawnseg Augur

A bunch of the leveling people in MM go /ANON so people will group with them. They are in the guild, but don't want the tag showing.
  19. rekais910 Augur

To be fair I go Anon in general because I hate people. Though the best time I've had in general were when I was simply 2 boxing. I guess it's because I need less mobs in general and can take a small camp away from the chaos and still usually camp the loot I want. I've even gotten a hold of highly contested camps while they were still in exp range of my level. like Ancient croc and Ogres in the karanas
  20. Storytimebros Elder

/guildstatus name