1 disrupting many has to stop (frustrated)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Solkos, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Dixa Augur

actually the real issue here is that there is no way to control that many accounts at once without third party software which allows a certain amount of automation, in this case making one key activate something on them all at once.

nobody cares if you are using a few computers or alt-tabbing, but this level of automation is simply not defensible no matter how much you try, Mr. Hipster.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  2. Greymere Augur

Sounds about right. He reserves most his petty behavior to those that successfully thwarted his might makes right mindset though.

His next goal is to surround himself in a guild that can successfully antagonize guilds he could no longer DPS race against to try and prevent any kind of equitable guild rotation system from taking hold on the server.
  3. Korillo Augur

So what exactly are you trying to do that you can't succeed at unless you have GEBS? I'm honestly curious. Classic can pretty much be done without any gear whatsoever, with the exception of maybe tanks needing a bit of gear - but by no means requires "high end" group gear or raid gear or anything like that.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

I
    I'm sorry, but I must disagree with your post. People like this also get a great deal of enjoyment when picking through their bedpan for wayward Cheetos.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Flandersian Augur

Mage pets can't wear gear, silly.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Dixa Augur

then by your attempt here at trying to be a hipster-is mediator, nobody really needs anything in the current content and should just raid naked.

and since nobody NEEDS anything why are they even raiding?

your kind of sophomoric logic has been brought up in threads like this since before this game existed. they did not then and still do not now carry any merit beyond you trying to either play devils advocate, or attempting to instill your personal values and beliefs on others around you.
  7. Korillo Augur

I didn't really have any underlying philosophical meaning. I would agree it's not great for anyone take anyone's camp, but you said this game is gear driven and you require gear to progress.

This is true in later expansions, but it is not true in classic. I'm not saying you SHOULD raid naked, but I am saying it is possible to progress doing so. Someone taking the efreeti camp, for example, does not hinder your ability to progress in any way.

I wasn't trying to instill any values or beliefs on anyone, I was just honestly curious what you were unable to achieve in classic because someone took an efreeti camp from you. What have you been wiping on?
  8. Numiko Augur

Drama of course.
  9. Greymere Augur

Until they instance drama raiding will continue as it is :) That about sum it up nicely?
  10. Numiko Augur

Sure they can, I give my pets any ringmail or bronze I find, if you hand something to a pet and it takes it, it has equipped it. if the pet cannot use it, it will hand it back to you.

They are even smart enough to pick the best item, if I hand a pet a ringmail BP and then a Bronze BP it will destroy the ringmail one and equip the bronze.
  11. ThenaEQ Augur

someone reported my post calling tulkas out and it got deleted /sad
  12. Alexanders Augur

You cut out most of my post to argue a single point. The word there should have been shouldn't give them the right not doesn't give them the right.

When the rules allow one person to disrupt and ruin the fun of many others over and over again then the rules need to be changed.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. rekais910 Augur

To be fair, when the rules don't allow someone to ruin someone else's fun over and over it still tends to happen just less often specially when people can record and send it off.
  14. Greymere Augur

Stream your gameplay when he is around or in contested areas he is in, contrary to his assertions he is regularly training other players, petition & tweet the Devs with it when he is toxic, not necessarily just breaking the rules, him being an outright is sufficient reason to complain to the developers, remember that's exactly how we got the Play Nice Policy to begin with, and if the developers don't want to spend time enforcing such a policy again or dealing with these in game issues its just one more good argument for creating mechanics that allow players to avoid toxic individuals in their gameplay via instancing or otherwise.
    Elkay likes this.
  15. RoamingBlue Journeyman

The problem is: It's not going to be changed. From a short term financial perspective, DBG makes way more cash with how it is right now. If people buy Krono to get gear they "want" because (assuming they don't want to run their own mage army) they get steamrolled if they actually try to camp for it, and it's only available for purchase with Krono from the same dude who steamrolled them, then short-term DBG makes a boatload in Krono sales. It's the same reason they didn't announce there'd be a poll for Kunark until after everyone subbed their second month.

They've setup a system - a game really - where you can use third party software to fund your own gaming and actually make real-life cash, all while raking in cash for DBG in the process. See, what you do is start with a boxed mage group, just steamroll whatever zone you want to level in until your team is high enough level to camp something other players really, really want. Then, camp it. It doesn't really matter if you're nice about it or not, it doesn't matter if there are other players there first. If they can't outdps your OP team, it's their loss. Lockdown the loot. Then, when no one else has the items - sell it for Krono. Once you have a stream of Kronos coming in, your play is free, just cash the Kronos in. DBG still makes their money, of course, because someone had to buy that Krono.

DBG won't end the cycle, it's where they're making money.

The only way to actually make this stop is if everyone who's sick of it just stops buying Krono to pay for in-game items. If the farmers stop getting paid in Krono, how many of them do you think will actually pay for 6+ subscriptions with their own money.
  16. Bufonidae Elder

The good new is, they aren't enforcing the rules, so train anyone that griefs you... if you're worried that they might actually do something and try to punish the people that train... just charm a single mob, run around the zone, then have you're pet attack whatever mob the griefers are fighting... that way any extras are just adds, you didn't train, just joined in a healthy DPS race.
    arwilly and Fallfyres like this.
  17. Alexanders Augur

True but with rules that read like DPS racing is fun and the DPS race at the Frenzy is cool are flawed. If the rules are not written to allow punishment of toxic players then its harder to ban people. The rules need to be updated to allow Daybreak more latitude when it comes to dealing with the toxic members of the community.

It is in their best interest to stop these toxic behavior as these kinds of antics are the ones that cause people to quit playing. If people quit playing DBG makes less money that should be all the incentive they need to update the Play nice policy and start banning some of these people who are simply toxic members of the community. Once they update the rules those who are not toxic members will follow them so they wont get banned.

The PnP needs to be updated plain and simple.
    • Currently camps are not recognized and at the very least named camps need to be.
    • DPS war needs removed period, mob loot should be first tagged until that person is dead/zoned or removed from agro list. (And named camps need recognized also this way people don't just roll in and tag mobs first as apposed to dps races).
    • Memblur/charm of named mobs should be prohibited.
    These 3 items are the main causes of complaints and frustration on the server. The PnP needs to be updated to address these issues.
    Elkay likes this.
  18. Alexanders Augur

I am glad you bring this up cause I was just thinking that all these items selling for Krono is a bunch of BS.

Let's be honest the Krono is not going anywhere. DBG makes more money on them than subscriptions and they are intended to be sold in game for Platinum.

That being said I think the sale of Krono for in game items should be banned. Krono should be bought and sold for platinum only. If you want to price your items based off the price of Krono that's fine but Krono itself should only be bought and sold for Platinum.

Selling Krono for in game items is just an in game way of doing RMT. It should be prohibited. People should not sell FBSS for 3 krono etc. If they want to sell it for Krono platinum value x3 that's perfectly legit.

In my opinion if you are selling items for krono you are participating in a RMT that should be banned. Virtual items in game need to be sold for virtual currency, selling them for krono makes them real money transactions.

What is a Krono:
    Right from the Everquest.com webpage:
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. Shmef Augur

this argument makes very little sense. buying a krono to sell for plat is RMT no matter how you look at it. you spend real money for in game currency. the fact that you buy in game currency or items makes no difference, both are RMT.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

The reason they're selling items for Kronos is because they're more valuable than the amount of plat that is currently on the server. Once more plat is on the server people will stop selling items from Kronos and you can quit whining