GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eridiniara, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

For you. Not for me.
    Eaedyilye and Rijacki like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

See that would be for folks prepared to PVP not folks who would get attacked while trying to play the rest of the game. Some PvPers can't hack being stuck with just other PVPers they need victims to attack (folks not interested in PVP) so having arenas does nothing for them. They could be PVPing to their hearts content on every server.
    code-zero, Rijacki and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Oh I know that. That's why they claim the option doesn't exist because it doesn't allow them to gank those who do not want to PvP.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

My question is why not try and have Zeks loot rules changed vs messing around with another server?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

That would mean only having targets that want to do PvP and not the easy pickings of those who don't want to.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The type of PVP server the OP wants would be one giant mess if by a miracle, the old PVP's from yesteryear signed up to play. Imagine all the tickets the DBG staff would have to deal with?

I would guarantee, under thr OP's rules (PVP option with the Priest of Order) griefing and training would become a thing. While in the PVP mode, everyone knows you can't attack a bluebie, but the PVP person will train the PVE player or group. We all know that would happen. It's in the PVP players' blood. They want to be the bully.

On my sever (FV) that the OP wants to impose PVP on, he would find out quickly, it's not all fun and games when a great many people have RAID gear. People with RAID gear won't be easy pickings. Some classes are almost impossible to kill.

Remember, a lot of us are long time players. People who took part in duels many years ago when dueling was a thing. The OP would soon find out the bluebies are not a bunch of chumps to be pushed around.
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

I think i Said that about 15 pages ago LOL!
    Rijacki, Yinla and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

The OP lost the plot before the original post (Make FV into a PvP Server, I mean really WTH) , and in response to their own original post, and then in the edited original post, and in their own response to the responses to the edited original post.

I know, I am getting a headache too - and a feeling of deep sadness and pity :(
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Cuzon Elder

How is this thread still going? It should be very obvious by this time why PVP has and will continue to be untouched. Just about everything else takes priority over PVP for a good reason. The EQ community does not need nor does it want PVP. Time to move on dude.
  10. Bilderov Augur

Actually, no you don't. You've proven in this and other threads that you just won't listen to these issues unless it's something you agree with.

However, I'll bite and give you my thoughts.

I would say one issue is that the classes don't seem to have been developed with PvP in mind. Think of a cleric with barely any offensive spells in a duel with an SoS rogue with poisons and BiS daggers. Take that one step further and imagine it just out in the open with the cleric in the middle of a fight when that rogue jumps him.

Where is the fun for the cleric here? At best, he dies, loses his buffs and spends time getting back to where he was. That is, of course, if the rogue leaves him alone - but that's rare.

You don't want to hear this (or just can't) but the main issue is that the vast... VAST... VAST (did I say VAST?) number of players don't want to PvP in EQ.

There is a PvP server there that no one plays on and it's for a very good reason. The devs use that as a yard stick for how much interest there is in PvP and it's very clear that there is no interest in it. Why should the developers invest so much time and interest in something for very little gain?

Your argument in that it is a gear difference is incorrect. I could have better gear than you but if I'm just minding my own business, then I don't want to be jumped by random people when I just want to be left alone. This is regardless of whether I could beat you or not.

Your suggestion of moving this to FV where you can buy the gear is just ridiculous, it will turn anyone with a decent wallet into a PvP machine versus the ones that don't really want to bother with it in the first place. It would kill FV in a matter of weeks with just the hard-core PVPers left (who will then complain that there is nothing to do).

Warcraft has PvP servers and there are all manner of grieving going on. Just a few servers where one faction outnumbers another and there are players going round in groups of 30+ in the high level zones just to stop the other faction actually being able to level.

I've even seen examples of guilds deciding to transfer to another server to avoid this and find that the grieving guild also do the same - they actually follow them. Their aim? To be 'winners' which is ironic because doing that basically kills the server and you're finally realise you're top dogs on an empty server.

Conversely, I've seen top guilds jump to one of these servers to threaten the grieving guild off their perch. Did the grieving guild stay to fight... Did the grieving guild get LEET and repel the invaders? No, most of the time they either quit (complaining how crap it all is now), or they move to a different server.

Each time something like this happens, it makes a mess of the server population and just leaves dead servers in its wake.

TLDR: Oil and Water don't mix. Your posts and arrogance against the responses you don't like just prove this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

In defense, the OP has not responded to this thread in over 36 hours. Conversely there has been 31 replies from various people on the thread.

The OP hasn't continued this thread as of late. The FQ community has. Why the OP has not anyone can speculate- doesn't want to participate anymore, physically cannot participate in the thread, etc. If the FQ community stops replying to the thread, it will at least fall off Page 1 and then, unless the OP is able to make a "return" it will just fall off into history.
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

This thread has been cleaned. Refrain from trolling and insults about others' mental acuity and status. Thank you.
    Yinla, Rijacki and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not everyone reads every thread every day. It is pretty natural for a thread to continue onwards for a while. And regardless the OP continued it far longer then needed. I see what you are saying but as people read the thread they are likely to post because it is a hot topic.

I only read the thread yesterday I think it was for example and I posted several of those replies. And unlike some other posters I have no problem with the thread going on.

But yeah overall 36 hours isn't enough time for folks to lose interest in a thread or comment on it when it is about a subject such as this.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I have very real hatred for PVP. When I see PVP, especially for my server I see red. To me, it's a very important subject that needs to be addressed. I'm glad so many people who posted in this thread do not want it.
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  15. Cadira Augur

I can't wait for them to release a new pvp Tlp server (because their Tlp ideas keep getting worse, it's inevitable) and all of 10 people show up first day.
    Bilderov and Nennius like this.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

If they do, the first time the "hardcore PvP" people get killed, they will run off and cry.

Remember, in EQ, the only "real PvP"ers are the PvP proponents on the forums, never in-game. All ten of those live in a fantasy imaginary world on forums where they relive some glory days (which never were there - I gave an example of Sullon Zek, we also all know how BoTBs went).

EQ takes no skill. EQ PvP takes even less (if that is even possible). Add in the fact that in EQ PvP was an afterthought just added to get some of the UO crowd, and you can see the writing on the wall (unless of course you are an EQ PvP person...)

There is a reason Zeks are dead.

Having said that, there is always the possibility that DPG will do some PvP TLP. Never underestimate DPG ability to deliver rulesets which no one really asked for, wanted, or needed!

Cadira likes this.
  17. Faradey New Member

This;)
    i dont need PvP in Everquest as "End Game content" and i play since 1999 EQ.

I have play WoW (dont know exact, around 2 Years) and PvP was mehhhhh :rolleyes:, dont need it here (not for the 5 Players who want it :D )
  18. Shadowlance New Member

Many of the confrontational replies are answered within the content of the "Thread."
  19. uberkingkong Augur

The game, "End Game," is nothing without the excitement of a PVP encounter
    Too much work to find what page that person said it on.
    Agreed though.

Look at games that are successful MMORPGs.
    Runescape
    GW2
    FFXIV
    ESO

PvP PvP PvP. longevity is from there is a PvP factor.
    Doesn't have to be everything but there is a PvP factor and people do it.

EQ, Arena is dead as the LFG system.

EQ LFG system is dead
    EQ PvP there really is no PvP because they don't invest in it.

You gotta invest in it to see results, you don't see anything when you don't put anything in it.

It's like asking if people are interested in martial arts, then you goto a farm city, 1000 people and farmers.

No one showed up! No interest in martial arts. Not doing martial arts here!
    Here is the entire state, and you did the test for data in the wrong area, like farmers country.

Of course your test failed. You didn't invest into it either, of course it failed.
    EQ their data they use is bad. Test scenarios for them are bad too.
    Really bad on holding grudges too, like oooh back in 2016 or so, we tested, and it failed, so 8 years later, remember 8 years ago, no interest, so thats that.

Ideas change interests change over time. You can't use that logic. Especially in a time where time moves quickly innovation happens quickly.

AI, boom oooh 6 years ago, no interest. So no interest now. Wrong. AI is huge now. Quit using old data, outdated, bad data.
  20. EagleTalon99 Elder

What is grief or griefing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.