GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eridiniara, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Never played it but my twins enjoy watching Sam Tabor play it on YouTube.
  2. Eridiniara Elder

And I thought u did not like this Thread being on the front page... LOL P
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Why would you think that? Reading comprehension FTW.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Eridiniara Elder

If nothing comes of this you know they do not really care to read the forums (DEVs)
  5. Eridiniara Elder

Nah, there are at least 3 reputable guilds that raid on FV, yet some within do purchase gear from "General Chat" LOL including myself LOL
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wrong again. We'll know they had the good sense not to give you false hope.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  7. Eridiniara Elder

Sometimes I just cannot wait, ya know P..., SKs FTW more DPS please in next expansion!!!
  8. Eridiniara Elder

The game, "End Game," is nothing without the excitement of a PVP encounter
  9. Eridiniara Elder

P, I somehow believe u understand and acknowledge the very sentiment of our exchanges....
  10. Eridiniara Elder

Just "Bleh" and forgo these forums and this game if so.... so sad as the game was great and has the potential especially with regard to the Firiona Vie Server and The excitement of High Level PvP encounters being achievable for the "Casual Player...!"
  11. Eridiniara Elder

error in reply on me not the forum's mechanics hehe

Just "Bleh" and forgo these forums and this game if so.... so sad as the game was great and has the potential especially with regard to the Firiona Vie Server, regarding The excitement of High Level PvP encounters being achievable for the "Casual Player...!"
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So, when you were a child and you asked your parent for a cookie and your parent said "no", they weren't listening to you?

Just because you don't get your way doesn't mean that someone at the game company doesn't read your post.
    Ssdar and Yinla like this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

In every original starting city (not sure about Crescent Reach) there is an arena area that puts the character in PvP mode when they are in that area. There is an entire zone called The Arena that has a platform in the middle where you are in PvP mode if you are on it. The Arena has it's own stone in Plane of Knowledge but it can also be reached via Lake Rathetear before PoP is unlocked on a TLP. The Arena and city arenas have been part of EQ since 1999's original launch and are still available to any character. As soon as the character leaves the designated PvP area, they return to their regular mode. I believe you can have more than 2 characters in a PvP designated area at the same time.

On every server (or maybe just the non-PvP ones), including the TLP servers, a character can challenge another to a dual. The other character needs to accept the dual and dual requests can be disabled in options. Dual is also a temporary PvP mode that ends on the death of one or if either surrenders. Duals can be engaged any location in the world other than the limited few that disallow detrimental spells/songs or other actions (Plane of Knowledge is one, I believe Bazaar and Guild Lobby also don't allow detrimentals).

On every server (or maybe just the non-PvP ones), including the TLP servers, a character can talk to the Priest of Discord to request a Book of Discord and then turn that book back in to the Priest. This permanently enables that character for PvP. At one time, the Book of Discord was in the inventory of any newly created character. Even then, few would intentionall turn the book in. There is at least one Priest of Discord in every starting city. There is also a PoD in Plane of Knowledge. The PoD is easy to find for those who wish to engage a permanent PvP mode.

There is also a server on which all characters are PvP enabled, Zek. Long ago, there used to be a few more PvP servers, but the population on each of them was too low to sustain so they were merged to a single server.

Thus, to claim EQ does not have a PvP mode is entirely false and disingenuous.

However, very few players choose to engage in PvP in any of its forms because either they don't want to have PvP in their game and so are actively eschewing it or they don't like the way PvP works in EQ. I suspect the later is FAR more likely than the former. But, there is zero proof of any kind other than the spurious claims of a teeny tiny minority of forum posters that there are enough players who would choose PvP in EQ to support a new server of any kind or, even worse, converting an existing high population non-PvP server to be PvP.

If players who want a new server were to organise the other hundreds of players they claim would return for PvP to engage in one of the four current methods of PvP, especially the two permanent ones, they might be able to sway opinion that there should be a new PvP server. I have heard that an attempt to do so in the recent past failed miserably, even with the offer of plat, krono, or whatever just to show up.

The only ones who think that the end game needs to include PvP are those who choose PvP as their game style. That is demonstrably not the majority of those players who have high level characters on any server that is not already designated as a PvP server.
    code-zero and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  14. Eridiniara Elder

Hmmm.., you put in so much effort..., I must ask..., have you ever played "Whole Server PvP" before?
  15. Eridiniara Elder

Do you know that there were 4 or 5 PvP Servers at one time?
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

For someone who has importuned others to "read the thread" so much, you haven't read the thread or direct replies to you.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I'll save you time on reading the whole post... Since you obviously did not.

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Eridiniara Elder

LOL, they had the largest populations before the creation of Mercs..... read the thread lol
  19. Eridiniara Elder

and you did not answer the question... Did you play on any of them?
  20. Eridiniara Elder

Many servers have been Merged BTW, none so many as PVP as for the size of populations and the interest in EQ generally speaking the numbers speak for themselves and they all moved to WOW
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.