GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eridiniara, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eridiniara Elder

Save me from the "Hell" of trying to organize support for what would clearly be great for the server and the game....

The beginning of this reconstructed Thread:

EQ without the choice of PvP is just a "Grind" and the "Grind" gets old. Having this option resolved would help with perpetuating the retention of EQ accounts being active, a business concern for Daybreak, further expanding business opportunities

An initial fix concerning Firiona Vie (Helping to Gauge the Interest in PvP):
    1) An implementation of the the P99 NPC: "The Priest Of Order" to correct the issues regarding switching from PvP to PvE.
    https://wiki.project1999.com/Priest_of_Order
    2) Once the choice of PvP has been made, No Mercenaries available while PvP.
    3) The switching between PvE and PvP has no timer associated with it. This would allow people to go PvP for an hour or a day then return to PvE for Raids ect....

For the Casual Player:

Could there be some effort put into creating a "Whole PvP Server Option" for Firiona Vie, considering the issues of past PvP servers, and the current Zek population.., acknowledging and addressing the primary faults.., of acquiring gear that elevates and perpetuates the general experience of PvP, ensuring that all players --- that choose the pvp experience, have a clear and favorable chance to acquire the gear to continuously facilitate a gameplay experience that parallels and even exceeds the overall general experience otherwise and the impact that "Mercenaries" have had on PvP.....

This thread was originally about Firiona Vie; however, I admit the underlying intent is to have a broader impact on the game as a whole and to generate some incentive for the Devs to invest some effort into resolving issues that apparently have plagued the game for 20+ years.

IN Conclusion these simple resolutions would allow for a more clear determination of the interests in PvP along with an Email to all PvP server associated accounts of the ongoing attempt to resolve these issues and perpetuate a game experience that goes beyond the "Grind."
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

From the AMA in 2019:

Question 7. PVP server?

Jenn: Zek

Alan: We have one. Play on it and we might be convinced that people actually want to play EQ PVP.

And then there was an effort for PVP players to all show up at one time and some Dev or maybe it was Jenn or Holly said based on that turnout they would consider it again. Less than 10 players showed up
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Like Monster missions people dont like pvp!
    Hobs, Yinla, Eaedyilye and 1 other person like this.
  4. Eridiniara Elder

I've been away from the game for years. How did they query for "Community Interest?" On these Forums, "In Game," or Emails to those accounts that played on a PvP server before that whatever day in 2004?
  5. Febb Augur

Can't you turn in something to the priest of discord to flag your character for pvp?

Also certain arenas in the game flag people for pvp.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rijacki like this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Frankly the people that advocate for this have all repeatedly demonstrated that they're terrified of actual PvP just from the reaction they have to being asked to play on Zek. They talk the talk for sure and act like they'd be PvP gods if they got their server though
  7. Eridiniara Elder

It seems, as i was, some people are not familiar with the Firiona Vie Server; however, after making the mistake of Xfering to the server I realized the potential it has for having a viable PvP server "Option" created for it.
  8. Cimbaeth Elder

Nobody cares about pvp except like 3 people on Zek. Wait, do 3 people even play on Zek?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

AMA means "ask me anything" similar to the one being set up right now only this one was in previous year. It is a large meeting of Devs and players where questions get answered.

This is the current one so you could post your interest there

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/it’s-the-year-of-darkpaw-ama-time.295413/page-17#post-4282647
    Eridiniara likes this.
  10. Eridiniara Elder

LOL, yeah I see your point; however, there were very large populations on the PvP servers prior to 2004 and the issue was, acquiring gear.., The "loot Rules" of Firiona Vie would resolve much of that issue, if not entirely.
  11. Eridiniara Elder

Whole server PvP was so much fun and, in my opinion, was what made the game great.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah the only players that flag themselves as PVP by turning in the book to the Priest usually wind up deleting that character and starting over. There is no way to take that PVP flag off once you turned in the book and no one likes PVP
  13. FranktheBank Augur

You are objectively wrong. PVP was always a step child of EQ, for good reason.
  14. Eridiniara Elder

15. Eridiniara Elder

LOL, my only reply to your "Objectivity..."

Could there be some effort put into creating a "Whole PvP Server Option" for Firiona Vie, considering the issues of past PvP servers, and the current Zek population.., acknowledging and addressing the primary faults.., of acquiring gear that elevates and perpetuates the general experience of PvP, ensuring that all players --- that choose the pvp experience, have a clear and favorable chance to acquire the gear to continuously facilitate a gameplay experience that parallels and even exceeds the overall general experience otherwise.
  16. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There's a PVP option on all live servers. Turn in your book to the POD. I've seen a few PVP tagged characters in the Bazaar and GL. But I've never seen them out in the wild fighting things.

I'm on the FV server and in my opinion, if PVP was inaugurated it would make a real mess of the server for those who want nothing to do with it. That's if a lot of people wanted to play PVP. Which is doubtful.
    Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'm not a PvP'er but it seems to me, that rather than trying to get a different server made for the pvp crowd, maybe pushing for PvP red status to be removable, might encourage more people to play that way on existing servers. Your not going to gain any traction asking for an FV clone for the relatively small population of players that want 100% pvp. But you might convince a decent number to try it out on a server like FV if it wasn't a permanent status change that negatively effected your character and made it useless for the rest of the game outside of a PVP server.
    Barton-Vox and Rijacki like this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ahh ok now I get it. You want to change Zek to FV ruleset. That makes totally more sense.
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Currently, any character on FV can request and turn in the book to the PoD to enable that character for PVP, so you already have a "server wide PVP" with anyone else who had turned in the book. Further, nothing stops you from having a 'mixed' account of characters on the same sever, some PvP enabled and some not. The 'blue' characters can still trade freely with the blues and, with the shared bank slots, exchange those items with the 'red' characters, completely bypassing the blue/red cannot trade restriction so you can gear up your red more easily. But, yes, you still cannot attack any 'blue' character, i.e. anyone who has chosen not to have PvP enabled on that character. Unless others CHOOSE to enable their characters for PvP, you will be limited in your targets.

What it sounds like is that you want to force PvP for all characters on FV to suit your own desire for a PvP server?

I play on FV. I choose not to play on a PvP server. If the server I have been playing on for years was suddenly converted to a PvP server, I would leave EQ forever even if I were offered a free transfer to a different server.
    Ssdar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Eridiniara Elder

LOL, I've payed on PvP servers since 1999 on Zek and knew of the Priest of Discord, yet I had never read the mechanics of the game regarding the "Transformation" ROFLMFAO
    f you follow the dialogues with the Priest of Discord, you will receive a Tome of Order and Discord. If you hand it back to him, you will become a PvP player (your name will appear in red instead of blue) and be vulnerable to other PvP players. You will no longer be affected by beneficial spells of non-PvP players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.