Mangler is once again asking for Relaxed Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mesozoic_mangler, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Mesozoic_mangler Scholar

Just a note to any devs who may read this, you'd shut 90% of us up by just turning off the button press truebox detection disconnects. With as many buttons as people have to spam just to DPS, if you play two characters one has to be played halfway to not go LD.
    KimchiGoddess and Xenro like this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I doubt it. I'm sure the Devs' timeline has been set in stone for sometime. If someone with authority decided to spin up a Mischief clone tomorrow, I do not think it would bother their production schedule all that much.
  3. Nirasta_Mangler New Member

As someone who has supported Everquest for 20 years, I support this request without reservation.
  4. Xenro Involute

This would be perfect for my situation. I’m way too used to my PC main and laptop box setup, and would have no desire to try and combine them together. Getting DCd because of button presses is frustrating though. It hasn’t happened to me too often because I underplay my box, but I was reminded of that detection this past Sunday when I attempted to do more!
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

As a member of the Aradune server I fully support Mangler having truebox relaxed or removed entirely.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Ragefire welcomes Mangler to join us as one when they reach TBM (or EoK)

Ragefire is set to have EoK launch about the same time as Mangler!

27 FEB 2023 <~ TBM Launch
    13 MAR 2023
    27 MAR 2023
    02 APR 2023 <~ TBM Beaten
    10 APR 2023 8 days
    24 APR 2023 22days
    08 MAY 2023 36 Days
    22 MAY 2023 40 Days
    05 JUN 2023 54 Days
    19 JUN 2023 68 Days
    03 JUL 2023 84 Days
    09 JUL 2023 90 day time! Vote Start!? NO :( // YES! :)
    17 JUL 2023 Vote Start :( // <~EoK Launch :)
    31 JUL 2023 <~ EoK Launch:(
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  7. Clawzzx New Member

8. KimchiGoddess Augur

Funny, my friend and I play three characters each, one per PC when we game together on the weekends. We started with one char a piece, then went to two because it was hard to find needed classes to flesh us out after a while into the game. Then we just said screw it and went to three each because it was getting very hard to fill group spots and we each had the extra PCs.

I ignorantly thought that all TLPs got to a certain point where truebox was no longer a thing. I guess I was wrong.

I did a quick search asking when Mangler would stop having truebox and got this thread as the top result. My friend plays an SK, Wiz and Mag and the last two obviously have much button pressing going on. We were fighting a named (and we're bazaar geared, we don't raid so things are that much harder for us) and at 30% we lost 2/3 of our DPS because he was spamming them.

I know, make them different keys but the muscle memory is already there from years of playing this way and on the weekends we drink when we play so the later the night goes, the more chance of screw ups.

Regardless, at this point we really should be beyond this kind of thing. Neither of us have played past Darkened Sea in the past, so this is all new (and fun!) but this kind of thing makes us think about moving on.

I don't see the reason to keep this silly type of thing going on this server.
  9. Mesozoic_mangler Scholar

I really would love even if the key detection thing gets fixed.

As much as I think some people (including myself) would love to be able to box on one PC, I think fixing that key detection would make the most people happy overall.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

11. Yakita New Member

Agree whole heartedly with Relaxed Truebox for Mangler.

Yakita - 120 Rogue - Cazic
    Yakita - 105 Rogue - Mangler
    [Tradeskill Junkie]
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Any update on this? The entire Mangler community is united in hoping for relaxed truebox, or at the very least the removal of key broadcasting disconnects (which are often false positives).

It's nearly impossible to have this many EQ players agree on the way something should work. ALL of the Mangler players want this. All of us! And we know it's a simple toggle on/off!

Make hundreds of players happy and zero players unhappy with just a few minutes of effort, please and thanks!
  13. Kodachi Augur

The update is...

bugsbunnyno.gif
    Flexin likes this.
  14. Flexin Not an amateur

I just want my memes back.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Almost as sad as Agnarr players begging for a new expansion.
  16. Shakara Augur

Somehow in one sentence you showed ignorance in two concepts.
  17. Kazzuk Elder

This is as bad as Agnarr players asking for more expansions...... (well not really but the tone of the thread really reminded me of that!)
  18. Kodachi Augur

Now is not the time for relaxing. Now is the time for removal.

cutecatfallingoffacouch.gif
  19. Kodachi Augur

The .gif thing is because a couple people posted dumb bernie memes with rooty tooty point and shootys and as a result of their actions nobody else can post pictures in mangler channel anymore. So now instead I'm being annoying and just making up fake gif names any time I say anything because I don't know how to creatively channel my frustration.

slurpeemadeofmoltentinslamdunkedbyarobot.png
  20. Tyranthraxus Grognard

The .gif thing is because the dev's didn't want to hear from us anymore. They did not remove the offending meme's which they easily could have, they did not take disciplinary action againt the posters of said meme. That meme was never used again after they took offense. And then a blanket ban was imposed days later, (which is still in effect) to make the forum less engaging and quiet us.

If the meme was a violation they would have removed it. They instead used it as an excuse to further ignore a gaping hole in their game's programming. While their busy blowing new ones in the code for their new pet project.
    Xhartor likes this.