Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dartmon65, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I would agree with you if cheaters actively destroyed their platinum and loot. There are negative externalities (spillover) by the infusion of ill-gained, automated wealth into a server's economy equivalent to a plat dupe.

So far no "innocent, benign, or morally upstanding" cheater has come forward to say that they destroy their platinum or loot.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

You meet a lot of cheaters? Thats crazy.
  3. Triconix Augur

The amount of plat and krono I have unused on my char. I have little use for platinum or items offered by cheaters. Again, easily avoidable when you are self sufficient.
    I invented the bazaar. Get bent all you EC loving weirdos.
    jeskola likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Krono prices on Live Servers have risen by 1 million platinum over the last year. (On a side note, Krono prices broke 100 million on some EQ2 servers due to a suspected plat dupe).

There are effects by the influx of new platinum into the economy through automation. Daybreak likely has the internal data to assess the damage. They are keeping to their rules (against automation).
  5. Triconix Augur

Why would I care about the price of krono when I have no need for them? You continue to speak of things that literally don't matter in the game. If you play the game like a normal person, everything you mention doesn't matter. By the time OOW drops, plat is nothing more than TS fodder to dump when you're being lazy and hate farming and doing TSes (which is exactly what I used it for on live). I guess now it can be collect fodder for when you're too lazy to farm those. I know tons of people on live who continue to have less than 200k platinum on their account and are completely uninhibited.
  6. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

BUT THE KRONO!!!!1
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Krono don't matter? Please, let's do away with them then.

Cheating would be 90% less attractive overnight! Problem nearly solved!
  8. Triconix Augur

There's this amazing invention from the 1950s. It's called a credit card. It buys you things like oh I dont know, subscriptions, rendering krono useless.
    Benito and Nennius like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Cool. I agree with you. Let's get rid of Kronos to fix this game. Thanks for the suggestion Triconix.
  10. strongbus Augur

when i did use it never used to just farm stuff to sell. i just farmed the stuff needed for gear/augs for my 6 toons. only stuff I would sell was the stuff the named drop that I didn't need. once I got what i need from a mob for gear/aa/hunter credit i move on.

the only time i have ever afk killed was years and years ago back round the time when advance loot came out. i would park myself in some lowbie zone at night in a remote part of the zone and let mobs auto aggro me and pet kill them when i went to bed to get slayer ach. and even then it was years before i even tried the software.
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Mmmm. Pets and mercs...a gateway cheat. We must purge all sources of temptation.

Hopefully that enchanter-free server guy stops by to add to this discussion.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  12. strongbus Augur

whats funny is back before advance loot and auto loot they didn't care if you did that. it wasn't till after advance/auto loot that they step in and said no more.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

Am I wrong to assign voices to certain posters when I read them?

I have:
    Heavy Brittish male
    Irish, or Scottish male (My brain accents aren't too good)
    Elizabethan female
    Guy from Brooklyn
    Mid west guy, high pitched, and nasally
    Southern man, also high pitched, that ends every sentence as if it's a question, like the family guy/Stewie bit.
    There's more, trust me.
    :)
  14. Iconfusedagain New Member

I find it funny that the main argument I've seen over the past few pages is over krono prices. I've not seen one real example on how the game itself is affected, but only about how someone got a krono I wanted easier. They then took that krono and priced me out of the market, so I need to use a credit card to play a video game that's subscription based.
  15. Sythrak20 Elder

Guys Prathun and I were having a nice candlelight dinner, and while we were sipping our wine I might have let slip how it would be nice if sirens grotto dropped more gems. You can thank me later.
    Gnothappening and jeskola like this.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

So what's the significance of it being a level 1 Bard as opposed to some other class, is it the unique property of being able to cast on the move?

Interested in how he does it (for research purposes)
  17. Noobnoob Journeyman

The problem isn't just people six boxing, it's people also automating their actions. Someone with two accounts at Rathe Mountain had charmed a pet and was systematically killing everything that spawned in the immediate area. It was clear that he was automated and was using third party software. It was also clear he'd been reported multiple times, but he was still there, and guess what, he was still there the next day too. He will be there today as well. Check the bodies and you will see he leaves almost everything, just farming gold to sell the Kronos. Guess what, he will eventually get banned, but not before he earns real world cash, selling that gold and kronos, and starts a new account. The problem is that Daybreak cares more about profit than quality and the players pay for that.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

• I've been asked on numerous occasions to identify my characters, server, and guild.
    • I've been threatened both privately and openly - from profanity-laced tirades, threats to force suspensions/bans, to "I'll see you in game."
    • I joined a third party EQ2 site where my IP address' city was shared because of my opinion.
    • I've witnessed a Darkpaw staff member's personal information shared.
    Why would people resort to such tactics?

There is major financial gain (in their eyes) in continued cheating. There are individuals who use automation to farm platinum or loot which they exchange for Krono. They also PL characters and sell accounts. This results in likely hundreds of dollars or perhaps thousands of dollars in income obtained through RMT via automation. If people were to threaten these folks' revenue stream (whether they regard it as post-retirement allowance, a first-world side job, or a third-world livelihood), how do you expect them to react but in really nasty ways?

I've started to suspect that SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) immediately deleted cheat-related threads to protect staff and users/players from harassment - and not just as a form of "censorship." If the rules are already made up, there really is no point in discussion (other than the appeals process already laid out).
  19. Sythrak20 Elder

Less than 25k play this game, the mafia scene isn't as big as you think it is.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

A hundred dollar bill is a big deal to someone in a poorer country.

EQ players tend to be adults who can afford to spend. We always hear about the "whales."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.