Luck

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think there's two related points Bobokin is missing:

- There is an overall Luck attribute, contributed to by each item, which has a luck stat. To max Luck, I don't think you'll need to max every item's individual Luck. So I don't think there will be as much doubling/tripling up on items as he thinks.
    - Knowing the hardcore players in this game, and the way they can chew through new content when they put their minds to it, I'll bet they have their luck maxed by 2-3 weeks into the expac. Then it's back to what he's used to with FCFS loot rots.
  2. Ultrazen Augur

It's great to see you trying to implement new ideas into the game. I wish you would think more about designing systems that encourage players to work together, instead of pitting them against each other. The scarcity of drops, mobs that are already perma camped etc, creates what is already a pretty contentious environment in EQ. To me, this is one more nail in that coffin.

Figure out ways to encourage cooperation instead of furthering the tendency to permacamp.
    Fanra and xcitng like this.
  3. Brohg Augur

that's .. not opposed? I spend nearly none of my time camping anything, because I'm just done with things. No one's cooperating with me, and I'm not offering opportunities to cooperate with me on anything, because there's nothing to gain. What do you even have in mind here, what's the dichotomy?
  4. Blastoff Augur

205k to buy crystallized luck for your combine. I'm having flashbacks of Neverwinter pay to win garbage, but at least you can buy a crystallized luck from the shop. That's how you know this mechanic was purely intended to make the game better.
  5. Cazmac Augur

This sounds a bit like GOD MODE!!! I wannit and I wannit NOW! :D
  6. Cazmac Augur

What you say makes a lot of sense, sadly. For now, on the Test server, I am enjoying putting as many alts as I can through the Frostfell-timed quest, "All You Need Is Luck". I was disappointed to see that its main function seems to be to qualify you for the group quest, Time for Change (?); I thought I had discovered a fun new toy!
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

I agree that raid items should always be max luck. It just makes problems when you have the same person have to win multi rare item drops to max luck when someone else in the guild is using bad gear. For groups it isn't as bad of a problem but I still hate the luck stat. I feel like it was just put in the game to force people to pay real money to merge the gear so they can make more money.

There is nothing fun about camping a rare drop for hours only to get it to drop and it has 1 of 10 luck and knowing hey I have to camp it again to try to get more luck out of it. Not only that but it makes people not want to group with random people because if you spend 10 days with different people trying to camp 1 item for luck that everyone wants then every day you have a new person who doesn't have the max luck yet trying roll and win it.

I say this as someone who has already hit level 115 and has max luck on every item (including 10 luck aug for charm from TBL raids). I finally gave up on a few raid drops trying to get 5 luck item one the one I really wanted and got one with stats not as good just from getting tired of waiting for a max luck one to drop.