Luck

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. segap Augur

A lot of people don't have big reserves of plat. I get the impression that those demanding plat sinks are those with a lot. They either want something to spend what they have on, or think it can make krono easier to buy. The vast majority of the population will be hurt by plat sinks.
    Teylana and Fanra like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Personally I am in favor of some plat sinks but at 200k per combine x3? x every slot that is a bit much. Something in the 5-20k range seems reasonable. We saw this with the conflagrant merchant material combines. Obviously with those there was potential to get an actual plat return on investment from other players. Depending on how luck will impact trade skill success rate and amount of plat that drops from mobs it might pay for itself in the long run if they scale back on the price for this but at the current price tag it will be difficult to justify it for these purposes.
  3. Brohg Augur

Luck is just nonvis. Combine up to x4 times, if your "rl luck" is so unbelievably bad as to collect 5 items with just 1 luck each. More likely, you're going to combine a max of twice, since at least one of your 3 items will begin with at least 3 luck. Have a drop with 4 base? only needs one Fuse. And none if you "luck" into a base-5 item, since it's already max.
    Venau likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am interested to see what it is parsing at for its different benefits right now while it is at its inflated rate. Could be interesting to see if its value is such that most people won't care about maxing it.
  5. Tappin Augur

?

We already know the vast majority won’t max it.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That may be the case but how many are going to want to max and and get upset if they don't
  7. Tucoh Augur

Yeah im neutral on whether removing those plqt sinks should be done, im just saying that this might be the method that dbg uses.
  8. Symbius Augur

Fairly humorous that most seem content with this new stat doing virtually nothing on the parses, which is all anyone really cares about.

That's certainly a ringing endorsement for what was probably a decent amount of developer time in creating this amazing new feature.
    Slippry likes this.
  9. Riou EQResource

It isn't tuned yet, the only thing is that it fires a lot more often then it will on launch for testing purposes, and it effects more then just DPS, it also effects tanking and side stuff like foraging and money earned from mobs

The power it gains is capped at like 10 (iirc) and it maxes at 50 and the power boost it gives could go anywhere at this point
  10. Funk Augur

I dig this idea also, crit blasts, heals and strikes could all have that chance to be lucky and get a monster bonus. Like rolling three 20's in a row
  11. Inga Elder

Does it mean all tradeskill items with luck in the future will become No Trade (even in FV) unless you create "Wrapped" version for every single item?

What will happen if first slot item is Luck+6 with aug and second slot is Luck+9? Does it become Luck+7 or +10?
  12. smash Augur

If you had more careful read what the description says, you would know that you merge into first item, which Means 7. So if you want 10, you need to remove augs from the first item, and then merge first item into the second.

However you will not be able to get 10, since max is 5.

And if you were in my Group, and you had a 4 luck item, and would merge it with a 3, and I had no TBL item in that slot, I would be able to promise you that, we would not Group Again ;-)
    menown likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

In the TBL expansion, there is a container that defines what item you will get that is combined with a no drop item that fits in that container to make the final item. So there is a trade-able, sellable part, the mixed with a no-drop part creates a no-drop item.
    Except for FV. They are tradable on free trade servers.
    This. AND it's better to start low, then decide to tune it up, then to start too high and have to tune it down.
    I've already addressed this. There is no need for an item to start at 1 luck next expansion. I can set the min and max luck on each item. The max this expansion is 5 per item, I *can* (This is not a promise that this will be the min-max) make the min next expansion 5 and max 10. Sure... it's possible I'll do 3min 7 max... but unlikely.
    (And you can spend lots of plat instead of Daybreak cash.)

Nope 3 ways
    Loyalty (1000 crowns)
    DBC (200 on Beta currently)
    From the merchants that sell loyalty for 200k platinum.

yup, with options to spend other types of currency, including Daybreak cash (so real and virtual money... virtual because don't forget that gold accounts get 500 per month...)
    In this theoretical case, you will get a luck +10 item on the "first slot" item. The first slot is the item that stays in your inventory. (thus it can have augs in it)
    incorrect :) See above.
    Inga and snailish like this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

i can haz a stone of jordan plz. With luck N stuff.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

You got a cell phone, right?
  16. Rickate Augur

You can get at most ~500 Loyalty a month and Silver accounts are max ~250 a month so the Loyalty reward for Gold is one additional Crystallized Luck every 4 months or 3 during the expected time that TBL will be the most recent expansion. The DBC reward for Gold provides 2.5 per month.

$2 = 200 DBC = 200k, relative prices mean that purchasing a Krono is a better option than purchasing DBC provided you have a use for all the plat and Krono prices on your server are at least 2mil.
  17. Teylana Elder

I'm sorry but using real cash to upgrade is the very definition of Pay-2-Win.

Yes, I know, It's a minor stat (for now), but this still sets a VERY bad precedent.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

Chase loot, LDON/prize packs (there was a time when the best mount buff and non player buffs came from these), heroic characters, xp pots, old school pay for power levels, RMT..... I hate to break it to you but P2W has been around since nearly day one. This is not a precedent in this game or the gaming community in general. At least there is a ftp option via loyalty, a semi free method via the 500 station cash, the option to just farm plat yourself to upgrade and then the last option to open your wallet and bypass the potential time sinks involved with farming if you are not very good at it or don't have the free time to invest. Personally I will just farm my own coin or use my free monthly cash but others who don't want to bother have an additional option available which helps to support the product and potentially keep it around longer. Yes its a cash grab but this is also a business that needs profits to continue in a very competitive market.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The person who will be using the gear still needs to have a dropped item in order do a no fail combine for the T3 item. It is just that most of the other components for that combine are made via TSs. The pre-TBL chase items will sell just as well post-TBL release as older chase items currently do.
    What Parsing program did you do that with? Because if it was Gamparse, the last I checked Beimeith was still recoding the program (possibly from the ground up) to work with luck at all. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gamparse-on-beta.252136/#post-3714158
    I would wager that the other parsing programs similarly do not properly parse the new Luck damage. I would wait till there are new releases of the programs before claiming that there are no bonuses to it.

To my knowledge there are no parsing programs that actually properly parse Luck, so it does not provide an accurate parse. See the above linked thread. Going by what Beimeith said, I am guessing that any parsing programs currently do not show the majority of the increases from Luck.
  20. kizant Augur

You don't need anything special. Just take off gear that adds randomness like armor focus and dont use arias, etc. Your crits will land for a consistent amount. Then hit the test dummy for a while and go through your logs one at a time to see how much more you crit for when its a lucky crit. Just find the highest and lowest numbers after testing for 10 mins. That gives you the range. For how often they happen just count the number of lucky vs regular. Notepad++ does that easily.

If you know how to calculate damage yourself its easy to plugin some numbers and see how much extra crit damage is needed to give you the value you've parsed. The same idea works for melee or whatever else.
    Brohg, Monkman and Sancus like this.