Luck

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Tappin Augur

Great news everyone, we are getting a new statistic caled ‘Luck’! The stat on each item is randomized upon loot. You can combine two of same items to get the item with higher luck +1... OMG soo exciting!
  2. Eckish Lorekeeper

It does sound pretty cool. My only question regarding it is will it be a boost or a rework addition? Meaning will having 0 luck be just like EQ today and adding luck to gear will only make things better? Or will all things that luck affects be reworked to be baseline lower and you need to collect a content appropriate amount of luck gear to get back to what is today's success chances?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So camps will held by people camping the same item over and over to max out their luck? Oh joy that sounds like so much fun.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Instead of combining two of the same item they should just have rare "Luck" drops. Combining these rare "Luck" drops with any items that has a luck stat increases it by one. Use a four leaf clover stat for this mysterious "Luck" item. This way camps on specific items won't be run into the ground to increase the luck stat.
    Lorai and Dahaman like this.
  5. segap Augur

Yep, 3x the fun camping the same item 3x. Especially fun if the item you want just happens to have the luck of being one of the worst camps. Lucky us!

The lack of resources to give us more content, means gimmicks to keep us occupied in the same content well beyond the point we've done it and gotten bored of it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You know it's almost like they said... Hmmmm Live servers don't have all this fighting over camps and such how can we bring that drama to the Live servers? I know... lets make people want to camp the same item over and over to max their luck stat.

With this luck foolishness they they better be extra generous on how easy it is to create new pick zones.
  7. Symbius Augur

Luck has to be the dumbest idea ever.

Wow... that is just pathetic design. Spend your DKP and camp items only to have some RNG garbage give you a lackluster number and then have to buy/camp the item all over again.
    hellohello123, Teylana and Slippry like this.
  8. segap Augur

There should have been a consistent base value, then luck drops with random values you combine to raise the base item. The implementation doesn't work well with competition for scare drops. Especially since most people all want the same item for a given slot and several of the other's for the slot are not wanted. This will just create more strife.
  9. Austinite New Member

I must be misunderstanding...

Cause what I'm reading is saying that:

Let there be an item. The item shall be named "Goblet of Fortune."
    #1 Goblet of Fortune drops, with a bonus stat boost to DD crit chance
    #2 Goblet of Fortune drops, with a bonus stat boost to Charisma

Then, you need to loot another Goblet of Fortune to combine with your original Goblet to max out Luck?

OR, are all Goblets of Fortune spawned with the same stats, and the Luck stat boosts a random stat each time that it procs??

It's not clear to me, at the moment.

Thank you!
  10. Axxius Augur

I'm starting to feel S.P.E.C.I.A.L :D
  11. Tappin Augur

It’s clear from the live stream. Luck is a crit modifier. Each item X you loot has a randomized number for the luck stat.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does Luck increase your chances of looting chase items? :p
  13. Tappin Augur

The producer mentioned gold... so maybe...
  14. Tappin Augur

The more important question... do rogues get an ability to increase luck? :D
  15. Enja New Member

You got that right. :)
  16. Machentoo Augur

Also congrats on the straight up pay to win on the luck combines. They finally did it, can't get BIS without paying... Or did I misunderstand?
    Slippry likes this.
  17. Daedly Augur

You can use pp to buy what you need.
  18. MyFairLady New Member

Nobody needs chase items anymore after this expansion. Except there will be chase items for the new xpac then I missed them. Tradeskill gear or group gear T1/T2 is beyond chase items now. So if you have not sold your expensive stuff then you can forget it. HP5500-6900 is now the new deal ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. MyFairLady New Member

And you need to buy Krono to sell to get the millions of plat you need...
    Hail, oh dear station cash god...

If you are lucky and the Paypal system is working in the future (the standard billing system over debit is highly buggy and unreliable) then you you have everything at your disposal by "win to pay".
  20. segap Augur

Raid focus, heroics and other stats will still make some eok rares more desirable. Group melee weapon ratios tend to lag behind raid gear by more than a few expansions as well. HME isn't always the best measure of what's best.
    eqgamer and Venau like this.