A Coirnav Exp Plea - Beating a horse deader than this server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Piznut Angry Gnome

Can Daybreak please consider revisiting exp base rate for Coirnav? I know this has been repeated for a year and a half now, but please hear me out.

The initial profit surge you guys got from exp potions on creation for Coirnav has run it's course. It's clear by how quickly folks abandoned Coirnav for Selo's and Mangler (both with faster exp rates) that people don't enjoy slow exp. I know a lot of this is just the TLP hoppers, but Coirnav is truly a dead server it seems.

I've had so many friends talk about coming back and playing with me on Coirnav, but said they just can't with the slow experience rate. And with how difficult it is to find groups in the mid-tier levels nowadays, it's impossible for them to level without essentially paying for a powerlevel.

From a business standpoint, I think you would possibly see return players if the exp was increased a bit, even to mangler's level. I am aware we will get a small exp rate increase on GoD release, but with Selo's past us, it's going to be impossible to draw people who quit back to Coirnav since we have nothing to offer.
  2. Helloitsme New Member

Yes, Coirnav definitively needs a xp boost.
  3. Ebine Augur

Most people are not playing on Coirnav because they are waiting for GoD to come out.
    I have 650aaxp already. Once GoD comes out there will be a bunch of people leveling up
    Beserkers so that should help with the mid lvl groups.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Coirnav had nothing to offer before selo's too. You guys should all come back to Phinny.
    Risiko, Nolrog, Aziuno and 1 other person like this.
  5. taliefer Augur

i hope im wrong, but i really am not expecting a mass influx of players back to coirnav with GoD. there might be a trickle, but most people that left are established elsewhere at this point. i love GoD, but its not that big of a draw to most people. and leveling a zerker with coirnavs exp rate? easy no thanks.
  6. Piznut Angry Gnome

You're the exception I feel. I have a lot of friends that quit in Kunark or Velious because the exp was too bad. Not everyone can invest 50+ hours a week into the game to level up.

I do hope some people come back for GoD, but I have former guildmates that are already established in guilds who are already in GOD on Selo's, and won't come back due to the exp rate being awful, and not wanting to grind AA's. My guess is similar to Taliefer's guess...that we will see a few folks come back for the new content, but otherwise it won't be a massive influx.

At this point, I just see no practical reason for the exp on Coirnav to be as bad as it is. Especially when the player base (with their huge outcry against original Mangler especially) has been extremely vocal about how much we don't like huge exp penalties.
  7. Dahaman Augur

The XP rate on Coirnav is set to increase with the release of Gates.

EDIT: Does any Phinny person recall what the XP increase will be?
  8. Piznut Angry Gnome

It's going to receive an increase, but even at the GOD increased rate it will still be significantly slower than Mangler is right now. As it stands, we're always going to be lacking anything to keep players here other than those few of us who didn't wanna start over again.

It's really discouraging logging on and seeing that i'm the only person in my class channel, and seeing people LFG for 2-3 hours then logging off. Part of my plea is to hopefully bring some people who quit and canceled their accounts back to Coirnav. I personally have three RL friends who played and quit, all because they couldn't keep up with the experience rates and maintain families/jobs.
  9. Dahaman Augur

Do you know how much of a boost Gates will be for Coirnav? I estimated that after Gates, Coirnav will be ~80% of Mangler's rate. However, I can't recall where those numbers came from and I'd like a second opinion.

Given the veteran reward Lesson of the Devoted that comes with Gates, Coirnav XP could average out faster than Mangler 9 days from now. In 29 weeks, with DODH, Coirnav should surpass Mangler without the LOTD button.

Make no mistake, I too believe that they really kicked Coirnav when they revised Mangler to be a Phinny clone with far better XP rates to start. They released a Phinny clone a year early AND gave it the XP rates that most people wanted on a TLP server. It was a double whammy.

Gates can't get here fast enough.
  10. Piznut Angry Gnome

I agree with you...I don't know the exact numbers, but from some friends who did some number crunching with Selo's they reported approximately 66% increase when GoD came out. Not sure if that'll vary with Coirnav.
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

Selo GoD launched on a bonus weekend. Idk if they took said estimates during that.
  12. Darkhain Elder

Sounds a not so much, Coirnav need a way higher xp rate than Mangler. I expected something like 100% increase.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

You should seriously consider Selo since it's so fast you could easily catch up and enjoy double lockouts.
  14. Darkhain Elder

If it was 2 month unlock, it would have considered it. But 1 month unlock is too short.
    GugokSkulkraker likes this.
  15. Dahaman Augur

+66% XP to the base and then multuply that 1.66 by 2 with the LOTD button. That will be 3.32x boost for the first half hour and 1.66x boost for the rest of the time. If a person is playing 2 hours per day, then they can earn on par XP between Mangler and Coirnav. Less than 2 hours favors Coirnav while more than 2 hours will favor Mangler.

It is a rare day for me to play for 2 hours. I'm pretty slow, truth be told, but I'm steady. My shaman main is level 65.999 and 225+ AAs. What I need even more than the XP rate increase (which is needed) are the AAs and content unlocked with Gates.

The first AA to get will be pet group buffs.

7 days and counting... Go Gates!
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

I recently tried to make a character on Coirnav to play with some old EQ friends.... the xp is painfully slow. And there's zero folks at lower levels.

I even sold a krono and bought some phat lewts to speed up killing... still too slow to keep me interested in this server.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While we are asking for changes to existing server rulesets I wouldn’t mind seeing truebox removed from Phinigel now that mercenaries have been in for 3 expansions. EXP increase would also be nice as we enter 1000s of AAs per 2-3 month expansion going forward.

I imagine the populations of Coirnav and Phinigel are fairly similar right now and could use a boost through some rule changes.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Please merge phinny into cornaiv. Both of these servers would benefit from the increased population. Phinny toons should get priority on names though.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

the beauty of too fast is you can go slower if you want....

But slow unlocks keep you hostage.

Selo actually has a progression guild and they do stuff on their own pace. Like they even did vp lol. That's the least toxic way to do classic content imo.
  20. Dahaman Augur

Curious, did your friends help you to power-level or better yet make characters to join you at lower levels? Or did you just try to power thru solo with self buffs only (this is commendable, but can be slow for certain)?

I have a friend that added a box and had it up to speed (level 60+) in short order. Granted, he does play a bit more than me. He was getting a level per 20 minutes in the 30s. He grouped the box in the 40s and just cranked him right on up.