TBL wizard burn potential.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Critts, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Critts Augur

I haven’t yet set down and done a straight up parse since Gamparse was recently updated. I will within a day or so. I was wondering if wizards from across all different servers wouldn’t mind posting a burst damage parse. Your best handicapped parse if you wouldn’t mind. All this means is that you remove all additional sympathic proc Augs and items (Primary and secondary items are fine but plase remove proc Augs. replace them with simple stat Augs, remove all non self cast buffs such as IoG, BW, attack haste. potions like dragon magic, and trib. Merc buffs are fine but no other buffs or clickies. Also please no Vet AAs.

List your main spell focuses, your spell line up, and your AAcount noteing any significant missing AAs.

This is to be a short duration burn on a single target with the highest amount of damage being delt with no outside help. Because most people will do this on a test dummy and Twincast will not fade anywhere a dummy can be placed, I will ask that people do not use claw spells or the spell gem version of Twincast. So we will just say when your ITC fades it’s over. Any spells or AAs you wish to use are fine even spells that do not use ITC such as manaburn etc. if you want to cast spells before you hit ITC for what ever reason that’s fine but please include them and the time in the parse.

So to sum it up do a self buff only parse and post it here and be detailed as you can. You can also do a parse without all the Criteria if you want to show the difference those things make.

The idea behind this is to get a true representation of the wizard class’s burst ability based on nothing other then what is avaliable to any player of the class at any given time not including gear and AAs.

Let’s see someone anyone Approach1000k DPS under 70 secs please.
  2. Sancus Augur

Is that information... in any way useful?
    Alarya likes this.
  3. Critts Augur

To whome it may concern it could be. It’s really more of a personal thing atm. No point of ranting about the class if I’m drasticaly under performing at a base lv. Sooo no.
  4. 31neelas New Member

Uh, you're asking for others but don't even provide your own?

Edit: why dont you start everyone off and post your bests and what exactly you do, please be as detailed as possible.

Thanks!
    Alarya likes this.
  5. Alarya Augur

seconded.
  6. Critts Augur

Post was made via mobile device. I also stated it would be done in a day or so.
  7. menown Augur

I'm slightly confused. Are proc augs and AAs not available to everyone?

Also, why not /test copy to do parses in the arena?
    Alarya likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Critts Augur

10. Critts Augur

Haven’t yet actualy done a ture parse. Forgot to not spam my shield once and forgot Augs the second time. I ran out of time after that. Looked to be about 600k - 650k around 72 secs I promise to have some more accurate parses shortly for all the peeps that don’t care to see them.
  11. Critts Augur

AAs are not limited in this other then Vet AAs that are not avaliable to everyone. Proc Augs can fire, or not differently for one wizard let alone as many try to participate. So the idea behind removing them is to get more consistent parses from as many different players as possible. Just trying to remove RNG from our class and get down to what an advrage is of our highest DPS spike that is repeatable by “players”. As far as the going to test that’s fine, however it adds in the RNG factor if one gets 3 tc procs vs one that gets only 1 or one that uses proc Augs for wild magic vs one that doesn’t ( mostly due to the Devs designing this spell without TC in mind for the last few iterations.) Our ture burst potential as a class community should be represented pretty well without the added variance and sticking with the ITC restriction. I am under the impression that a parse is typical going to start losesing steam at the point ITC gets used up, tho I’m not saying that is necessarily ture. Again not trying to find an average over the course of an event trying to get the highest spike for the longest time useing only what the class is provided under the Devs class design. Yes, it can be argued that fury of the gods is meant to capitalize on augments and this is the design, but its a randome factor that some may not be able to replicate.
  12. kizant Augur

That sounds about right for a standard burn and only using our weapon for a sympathetic proc. Including mana burn, AA nukes, and forced rejuv, etc.

Although, I kind of agree with the others that there isn't a good reason to remove procs augs. I wouldn't expect melee or hybrids to remove their procs and damage augs either. And you really can't remove RNG much when our class depends on Claw for so much.
  13. Critts Augur

Ok then just use the proc Augs if it’s that big of a deal. As far as RNG in our class I agree fully with you. I am, however targeting the most consistent part of our class the stable short burn we are suppose to be known by. The big fast hit that literly characterizes the wizard class.
  14. kizant Augur

For that time range, I did this recently with no bard and no alliance casts. We don't have any other wizards left.
    Ralaifin Oblate in 77s, 4. Kizant = 58.78M @816.36K in 72s

I'm sure I could get over 900k in an ideal situation. But it would still be behind zerkers and monks at a minimum. We're definitely not the burn class if that's what you're looking for.

The only way I can imagine getting anything changed is to have agreement on at least one or two things and then get lots of votes for it on the issue tracker. But we probably do need actual parses from multiple people if we want it taken seriously.

It's also hard to do a good parse on a dummy. We're going to be able to get anywhere near as many mana burn and vortex effects for ourselves in a raid.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

...with Black Wolf and IoG though? Glyph?

That's a nice burn even under our current conditions. Pointy hats off to ya.
  16. kizant Augur

I had black wolf, IoG, Auspice, etc but I did not use a glyph and had no bard stuff. I also melee and had NET for some extra DPS. The only other thing of note is I did have a couple twincast procs from claw.
  17. Endaar Augur

Would you mind sharing the spell rotation you used for this?

Thanks!
  18. kizant Augur

19. Endaar Augur

Thanks, I had seen a number of older threads but missed yours from June. Looks like a lot of good info there.
    kizant likes this.
  20. Jiggs Elder

Just a heads up on what I did to keep time as even as possible while testing things on a dummy in the guildhall.

I would not use the spell twincast or use claws, but as soon as the last counter was used I evac'd. Zoning stops the parse. If your exodus aa is down use your nexus gate aa. (or bulwark of many portals, stein, gyrospire clicky also would do the trick)