TBL wizard burn potential.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Critts, Feb 21, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

So, I finally got all my type 18 and 19s, we had a bard in group and I had a decent burn.
    Combined (4): Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears in 144s, 3.40B Damage @23.65M, 5. Kizant +Pets = 142.99M@1.02M in 140s

There's a couple things to note:
    1. Group was Brd, Dru, Enc, Mag, Mag, Wiz
    1. I'm the only wizard on raids so there's no alliance.
    2. Our enc forgot to use Dissident. (which is a pretty big loss)
    3. I avoided shocking vortex just for a test.
    4. I used glyph, had all the melee procs, bifold, etc like previously.
    5. Claw proc'd twincast on my last ITC counter so I had some good luck.
    6. I did change my lineup a bit which combined with having 2 mages may have helped some.

What I've changed in my lineup is all based around having the type 18 and 19 sympathetic fire procs. Because they only proc with fire spells during a burn I believe we should get a little more out of switching to Skyblaze with the additional proc chances over using Icefloe. This also applies a bit to Flashburn over Cloudburst. While Cloudburst still wins by a small amount there is also the Flashburn Single effect that procs 25% of the time which is not insignificant, especially once Fury of the Gods is down. Although, that didn't apply to this fight of course and I may try switching back to Cloudburst next time. Although, effects like elemental arrow and season's wrath come into play as well so it may just be the better choice more times than not.

I also made an audio trigger for singe and attempted to line it up with Dissident and Skyfire as much as possible. Then of course I switched to Pyromancy which is better than my web app makes it look. I'm not handling crit damage for DoTs yet we do actually get crits while we have Auspice and FE so it isn't as big of a loss from switching from cryomancy as you might think.

My guess would be that with alliances and enc dicho that around 1.07M or so would be doable. Then with some properly timed vortexes and timing wildether with mana burn properly, which I did not do either this time around, that 1.1M ish seems like a reasonable maximum. At least without doing some nonsense that requires banner burning or getting encs to use single target MRs.
    Drogba likes this.
  2. Renotaki Elder

Congratulations on getting all of your new proc augs. I can use my BIS raid ones now, and I now have the group version magic sympathetic proc. I'm still on the search for my type 18 melee proc and fire symp proc. This is still a work in progress but we are getting there.

I feel like in many raid makeups, using Stormjolt during a burn (especially during the fist minute of a burn) it's better personal dps to take it out of the lineup. There are many times during a full burn when i can't even land one more spell before after casting Stormjolt. As mentioned before, we have a ton of rangers so that does not help much. Although, it's almost certainly less raid dps to take stormjolt out of the rotation but that didn't stop me from doing so before :p

It seems like you did have some good luck here, along with good execution. It can be rough to get perfect results for wizard burst/ short burns when a lot hinges on getting the 10% chance of proccing a twincast from claw on the last charge of ITC and the 35% to get two ethereals off of braid. On top of that, the 1/3 chance you get the fire ethereal from that 35% chance. Then, of course, you can factor in all that braid luck again when you use Forced Rejuvenation. I'd at least assume you had decent luck with Braid, but you would have all the juicy details in that regard.

I can imagine Pyromancy would be pretty decent with all that raid crit chance and crit damage on a burn from other classes. Debuff slots have been really tight in our guild, and I think me using Pyromancy would be frowned upon over other classes taking the slot for something else (like a shaman dot).

Above all that, we just broke 4 minutes on a burn for Rustbottom in our guild, so I don't think i'll be seeing these sorts of event times any time soon unless I moved! It's nice to see you playing around with a slightly experimental spell weave regarding the new augs. I'd like to mess around with it too once I finally finish my search. Also as a last note... I see a "5th" on your burn position there. I wonder what the other classes damage were on that parse.
  3. Lisard Silly

why does your rustbottom parse have 3.4b hp? it only has around 1.4b. i see you have 4 mobs combined? someone brought it up and I didnt have an answer so im asking :)
  4. kizant Augur

Thanks! Luckily I had help from Ketruh. He probably got me 1/2 my type 18s.

There is a ton of luck for sure. I don't think I have more than 3 or 4 good/lucky parses all year. The weird thing to me is that I don't do much more DPS in a shorter fight. It's like we're just doing a sustained small burn for around 160 seconds and then it plummets really fast. So, we look bad up front, start to look pretty good for a minute, and then fall behind on any semi-long fight and look bad again. Unless there's AEing or other things going on to help make up for it.

Effortless Eruption of Spirit in 53s, 10. Kizant = 51.70M@1.06M in 49s

They're all bad people. :(
    Renotaki likes this.
  5. Sancus Augur

No, it has 3.4 billion (ish).
  6. Lisard Silly

nm im stupid parse i was looking at in discord was wrong =p your right, carry on /crawlsbackunderrock

/GU Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears in 252s, 3,304.1m @13111494
    kizant likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

I just tried Gamparse and got the same results. So unless two different parses are wrong I'd say he has a bit over 3b. The combined are from the 2 panicky rats and 1 dilapidated mechanic. They account for around 70 million.

Just saw the edit. That makes sense! Also, that's one reason I like my number formats in my parse. I think it's easier to read. :p
    Lisard likes this.
  8. Travestii Elder

Kizant, are you still going with the Boromas belt proc or a Threads of Potential belt?
  9. kizant Augur

Yeah and I'm too lazy to switch it out for the few times where it may not be as good. As long as it's not being resisted too much and it's a short fight with decent ADPS then the proc is always going to be better for a wizard. Here's a longer fight where maybe at this point you could consider switching it out but it still managed a lot of damage over this time frame.

I just threw 1788701 into the calculator and you would need 350+ hits for the threads of potential belt to reach that kind of damage. You can see I only had 110 hits under direct damage and that label counts AA nukes and mana burn too.. So maybe the threads belt would do 1/4 the damage of the proc belt in this example.

[IMG]
    Sancus and Travestii like this.
  10. Brohg Augur

"here's a longer fight" ... 222s
  11. kizant Augur

Hey now that 222 on Rustbottom felt like ages!

But I meant that this fight is on the longer end of what would be considered a 'short' fight where I'm saying the proc belt is still good. After the 4 minute mark it's probably smart to switch unless you're lazy like me.
  12. kizant Augur

I've been getting some questions about how to handle particular raids so I'm going to post some videos like I did last year. It's already August so there's no reason not to share things. It took me a while to get things working correctly again so I only have one good video this week.

For the video below our group consisted of brd/dru/enc/mag/mag/wiz. I have all my type 18/19s and there's one other wizard in raid for alliance this time. The other thing of note is I had a lot of twincast procs and Arcane Fusion went off 6 times on the boss. I'm also doing a fire only lineup like was discussed a while ago.

That said, this is pretty much an ideal scenario and the kind of parse you only see a couple times a year. But this thread is about Wizard potential and our class heavily depends on luck.

Aalishai:

13. kizant Augur

Yesterday was kinda bad for lag, achievements, and non-standard groups so I only have one from Xegony. But today i have a GMM 3 from FV which worked out pretty well. At the end I show total damage for everything since the overlay keeps resetting.

Mearatas

GMM #3
  14. kizant Augur

Prince Ralaifin

Conflagration Generals - Pro/Hard Mode
    Sancus likes this.
  15. MrDudeGuy New Member

Not familiar with the parse software that you're using and associated limitations, but the top 5 on both of those Empyr parses are pretty bad TBH.
  16. kizant Augur

If you're not familiar with Everquest, there's a maximum range from the target where damage will be reported. In these events, anyone doing DPS while the mobs are taken away during emotes or being tanked at other spots won't be seen by me. This applies most heavily to DoT classes. Plus people tend to be spread out quite a bit so even spell counts aren't reliable. Unless you're self parsing you're not going to see very accurate numbers.

The point of these videos is just to show examples of how I'm playing Wizard and what my DPS looks like. In the 2nd video you can get some idea about mana recovery as well since everyone was mana drained completely at the beginning.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

For the life of me, I will never understand why players who care about their performance do not self parse. That is truly the only way to have a 100% accurate parse of your performance.
    Sancus, kizant and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

I find it funny that it's a "New User" that's talking about their top 5's DPS, yet don't post any parses to support their statement, or what guild they belong too.

Great thread for information. Hat off to Kizant for actually post parses. ( I tried and will never again, RIP rains )

Video's gave me some entertainment at work, thank you for posting!
    Sancus and kizant like this.
  19. Sithsonn Elder

I want kizants computer, sorry bored checking out random threads! lol
  20. kizant Augur

My setup has been doing pretty good but the OBS recordings look like they're running a little faster than what I see while playing. It's set to 60 FPS and my game is probably running a lot higher or maybe it just can't keep up. I don't know. I've been meaning to play with some settings but haven't bothered yet since it's been good enough.