Devs, Please restrict casting on (charmed) pets by players not in group. #greiffing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Tried Osargen on Phinny, he was decent but not particularly amazing, has he been downtuned or am I just spoiled by comparing him to velium hunters and the like?

They reduced the damage of some mobs while charmed even in classic, that ghost dwarf in Unrest comes to mind, does about 40 damage while charmed then 80 when he breaks.
  2. grizzler90 New Member

So if they already went through the process of tuning these mobs strength down when charmed couldn't they just make then uncharmable to help solve the charm and gate/run back to group? I will say Osargen wouldn't make sense to be uncharmable since he drops no loot.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Hence why they don't recognize "camps".
  4. TLP Addict Augur

I'd be fine with the flagging mobs that cause problems as uncharmable, basically any quest mob or named mob that drops loot, including key mobs etc. Also flag some of the abusable mobs like Allizewsaur in OOT, that wood elf in Rathe mtns that people use to solo monk robe mobs etc. There's probably a lot more but those are a couple of examples off the top of my head.

Perhaps they could even make some kind of serverwide change to charm break rates in order to bring them back to earth a bit, similar to the nerfing of mage pets previously. I'm fine with them charming a regular exp mob form some nice dps, but abusing overpowered npcs or charm/gating named mobs to monopolise content is just and should be stopped.
  5. Finchy Augur

the title makes me think of this...

[IMG]
    Your_Ad_Here and Rhodz like this.
  6. NoWay Augur

Love all these comments that dispelling an enchanters pet isn't suspendable, guess most don't petition. lol
  7. Ishbu Augur

Too bad Daybreak does not enforce this rule.

An enchanter coming up to a mob I have engaged and have down to 90% with a charmed pet and mem blurring/stealing is harassment.

DPS racing down a named that spawns when my group has cleared the last 4 PH's is harassment and intentionally trying to ruin the fun for us and all the effort we put in, but the same people that will hide behind this rule quoted above are doing that.

Its pure nonsense and the "rule" is even worded in a way that it reads, if the GM likes you, you get whatever you want and if you are a casual player, F you.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Never have, just aint worth the hassle.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  9. Skunt New Member

Dispelling charm is no different than training. I've seen it happen many times. Often it will wipe the whole group if the person dispelling times it with a pull, just like being trained. In many ways dispelling charm is more easily abused than training. I'm not sure why they even allow it at all. But if training is a violation, I assume dispelling charm must be as well. I will record and report when I see this happen to the enchanters I group with in the future. I hope others do the same.
  10. Mashef Augur

As an enchanter main...this entire thread is obsolete and a non issue. Between RF, LJ and Phinny the only example of this ever being a problem was VP keying for AJ and Marauder.

If it's happening to you as an enchanter main, you are probably the problem.

If it's happening to you as a group it's a rogue enchanter.

No need to change anything.
  11. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

So what if your group is killing a mob and an enchanter charms it and runs off?

Are you not allowed to retaliate?
  12. nostalgicfool Augur

Eq2 use encounter lock and it works very well, not more conflict.

Instead of a dps race you may have a "pull race" so faster player get the mob ... so a max level toon cannot KS a low level one simply because his dps is much higher.

People may still compete to pull before each other but it won't be as nasty and level and gear won t matter.

Chanter cannot disrupt a zone because you will tag some mob before he does.

Result : no more zone disruption, no more anger, no more incentive to dispel a charmed pet.

To be complete quest mobs that are unique should be made uncharmable.

I remember "agro race" pulling in Velk back in 2000? the implicit deal with puller was if you bring it to your camp its yours, used dance of the firefly a lot ;-) Usually the fight lasted a few seconds and it only happened when we had almost simultaneous pulls. I never ever pulled a mob that had a target, but EQ has lag.

Eq2 other feature is that mob with a group on hate list do not record other people, so training cannot happen i m not sure i want that for Eq1, escaping trains is part of the fun.
  13. Skunt New Member

What if a group of mages shows up when you are killing a named mob and out damages you to steal the kill? What if they dispell your enchanter's charm during a pull and watch your group wipe, and then take over the area? Are you allowed to train them to retaliate? No? Then they shouldn't be allowed to dispell your charm pet either.

You can argue that dispelling charm is justifiable under certain circumstances, but under those circumstances training would be arguably justifiable as well. If one is prohibited, both should be prohibited.

As a practical matter, since starting on Agnarr, I have yet to see an instance of this hypothetical enchanter coming in and charming some named mob my group was fighting and running off. But I have seen many instances of my group's enchanter pet repeatedly being dispelled by some jerk. At the very least it slowed down my group' exp, and on several occasions it resulted in deaths and even wipes. And it seems to be happening with greater frequency. I don't see why Daybreak doesn't just make charmed mobs immune to non-group member dispell effects and eliminate the whole issue.
  14. Pikallo Augur

I agree, the guy just asked for the link to the rule...
  15. Boosi Lorekeeper

If I'm using a charm pet in a DPS race, I will be prepared to catch my dispelled pet.

If I am charming, I will have spells loaded that keep me alive and allow me to recapture the pet.

If my pet breaks I am prepared to deal with it, otherwise I am not suited to play a charm class.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. MaxTheLion Augur

Other servers survived these tactics even when they were used on real raid mobs during open world targets. Servers which had multiple competitive raid guilds (the bad kinds that have people that don't care about you no nuthin'. Know what I'm sayin!?). I think you guys on Agnarr will be fine. Find a mirror, flex in front of it and tell yourself you're great and get back out there. /sporting slap on butt
  17. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Just the other day a faceless chanter stole Allie lizard from my goblin group. We were killing him and this chanter decided he wanted Allie as a charm pet. So when he charmed it away I tracked it down right to him and dispelled it. Then he threatened to report me if I dispelled again and lied about charming it away.

And yes if someone dispelled your charm for no reason at all you should be allowed to train them.

The problem is training and dispelling mobs are often your only defense. I say allow them all and let the players handle their own conflicts using whatever in game mechanics they want.

As if right now though, it seems that charming another groups mob and running off is perfectly acceptable, while dispelling it in retaliation is apparently bannable.

Chanters are incredibly overpowered already and have a huge advantage and now folks want to make them unstoppable by making their pets undispellable?
  18. toasty4800 Elder

I have yet to see the hypothetical situation about someone following an enchanter around and dispelling their pet for absolutely no reason at all. I doubt that actually happens. I have, however, seen on several occasions a random enchanter charming mobs away from my group, or camp, in order to steal them.

Lets face it, this entire thread is a sad attempt at making enchanters god mode by taking away the one mechanic that gives other people a defense against them.

This thread was started by those chanters that like to get the most powerful charm pet they can find and monopolize an entire area. They want to be able to do so unfettered.

This whole thread is just sad. No one dispells someone's charm pet without some form of provocation. Chanters who are getting your pets dispelled, it's time to look inward to find the problem.

Or we could make it even more simple, take charm out of the game.
  19. Rovguy Journeyman

If you bring your charmed pet into my camp looking for mobs, it gets dispelled.
    Boosi likes this.
  20. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Well according to what I'm reading it seems perfectly acceptable to dispel him in this case since you wanted to kill the Lizard and not just grief then enchanter, even if you end up having to repeatedly dispel.......if the enchanter dies in the process....meh, collateral damage. Lots of people who are pro enchanter j@ck@ssory and anti-doanythinginresponse people in this thread. But from the way I read the rules, as long as you are not going after their charmed mob in an attempt to kill the enchanter, but because you intend to kill it, the charmed pet is fair game.