Can we make sure that MotM = Agent of Change? (eg Drusella Sathir)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Mar 27, 2016.

1. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

No he's asking for the spawn timer to be reduced after the dev team already acknowledged the problem of the Drusella. If he wants to complete the quest with his effort free urn then he should a) camp the spawn or b) have his friends and/or guild mates zone into FM and pop a new instance, as AG is automatically up when a new instance is created.

They are essentially asking for the quest so be so dumbed down that all you need is the faction and you have your SWC, a bis item for many classes through Velious.

This is a slippery slope and I for one hope the Dev team stops succumbing to the pressure. This is Everquest, not WoW. If you want fast, effort free gear there's a game for that..and it's not EQ.

Not everyone should have have an epic and be fully BiS in era. That's not the way it was yet it's what a many are trying to turn the Phinigel server into.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

It's still slightly different - you can spawn additional FM picks.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Offtopic, but does anyone else like to say the name Drusella Sathir to the tune of the Cruella De Vil song from 101 Dalmations?

For those without a childhood I mean this.
    Rhiyannon, Sinzz, Qelyn and 1 other person like this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

I was listening to it to see if it triggered anything for me, and nope - but Lornah heard it from across the room and immediately popped in with "Hey, that song reminds me of Drusella Sathir" without explanation. So clearly, at least my woman is on your weird wavelength here.
    Rhiyannon, Sinzz and Ducreux like this.
  5. Finley Augur

So waiting around and doing nothing is "effort" for you? That's the fun, rewarding part of the quest? The part where you don't do anything?
  6. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

I didn't wait around and do nothing. I made enough relationships in game for a new instance to be spawned on my behalf. And yes, making those relationships in game took a ton of effort and was very rewarding.

The "effort" for someone who doesnt have those relationships is finding out when the last angry goblin spawned and being present at the computer when the next one is due. One doesn't need to sit around and "do nothing" if they track the previous spawn.
  7. Vaclav Augur

And what happens if people start leaving characters in the FM pick(s) to prevent B from working?

Don't get me wrong, it's great there's a bit of a work around, but it's not an infallible one if people start messing with it. A more rapid respawn wouldn't really allow one AFK troll to ruin the concept of B.

Kunark was designed as a 12 month expansion (yes, I do realize that the ring line is post-Kunark - but clearly it's been associated as Kunark content now) - our expansions are 84 days here - in line with that, his spawn time should logically be around 20% of what it is. [As should other long spawns - as precedent with VP key stuff has shown that dev agrees with to a degree - although perhaps more like 33-50% faster to account for the odds of having a pick or two up]

I don't see anyone lobbying for faster respawn DZs - nor people competing for 1 dayish open world kills - it's hard to be fully BIS with a max of 13 kills in era even running minimum numbers for targets.

Even with 6 months and 2-3 VP runs a week wasn't there recently FI folks stating they weren't BIS on Phara Dar stuff already?

Making stuff more sensible is not the same thing. Don't be hyperbolic.

(I personally have no dog in this race, I do expect I'll either find the time to camp him in main pick and/or have a pick forced for me when I care to do my wife and mine - just stating the argument seems reasonable)
  8. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

There are more than 20 regal bands in our guild. In one month, I think one or two people made very half hearted attempts to even do what you are describing with FM. The time investment is already tiny compared to what it used to be.

Content gating exists in almost every MMO I have ever played. The only difference is that people have found a way to complain about "mob takes X amount of time to spawn" instead of "I can only get X amount of titan runestones per week towards my legendary cloak quest".

People have also definitely lobbied for faster respawn DZs repeatedly so that is flat out wrong. I'm not going to waste my time digging up threads that I know you already know exist.
  9. Sinzz Augur

funny part is you have more folks on that server then the game was ever designed for , that in mind there has to be changes to certain bottle necks imho
    Vaclav and Rhiyannon like this.
  10. yerm Augur

Just increase the spawn rate of lorekeeper and the drop % of SWC off him when he does pop.
  11. Rizey Elder

Wow only 20? And your guild probably needs about 80 .... so everyone else can fight for the AG when you guys have finished; god where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah, VP keys.
  12. yerm Augur

If 1/4 of your guild's interested players get a SWC and 3/4 do not, not a big deal. If 1/4 of your guild's interested players get a VP key and 3/4 do not, nobody in your guild is raiding VP, not even that 1/4 who got their key. These two things are not analogous. The awful respawn on angry and the MOTM bottlenecking of drusella are far more analogous to something like the enchanter epic situation.
  13. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I don't know if there is some sort of mental issue involved that is preventing you from understanding, but you can spawn a fresh instance of frontier mountains with a moderate sized raid force (any guild that can kill Trakanon pretty much meets this requirement). As in, the limit to how many regal bands you complete is entirely dependant on your own initiative and level of laziness. The supposition that someone needs a very optional quest item before the next expansion just seems to be carryover entitlement from other games.
    Silinius likes this.
  14. Rizey Elder

Since it's a very optional item that you seem to be shrugging off with disdain, then why are you concerned at all? Perhaps you forgot that this server is on an accelerated timeline? Why do you care if people from other guilds get these pieces? I feel like you guys get upset and offended when someone has the same raid or quest item as you.

How dare this peasant have the same gear as me. Who does he think he is?

You could spawn extra picks of LOIO for BGM as well, and it was still a nightmare. There are also pick caps =)
  15. Korillo Augur

It seems to be your singular goal to de-rail every thread on these forums into some sort of needless drama.

This thread is simply about consistency with mobs marked with the MOTM buff. If it has MOTM, it should have an instance. If it does not, it should spawn in additional picks (not just the base). We even got an answer that this will likely become an instance, so good on them for adding the consistency. Hopefully this sets a precedent moving forward because this won't be the only time we are faced with this issue. From what I hear there are already mobs in Velious who have MOTM but no instance.

Angry goblin is not buffed with MOTM, so it spawns in additional picks. Yes, the long respawn makes this camp somewhat unbearable in the base instance, but at least we have the consistency that it can spawn in additional picks which makes the quest somewhat more manageable. As far as VP key talk, there are other threads where you can voice your concern about that.
    Qelyn, Rhiyannon and Ducreux like this.
  16. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

People stayed in picks of LOIO to wait for chancellors and BGMs as they spawn several times a day. People haven't been staying in FM to wait for anything as the only notable spawn is longer. The quest is already 10 times easier to complete than it has ever been =)
  17. Rizey Elder

A simple relation to the ugliness of a 37 page VP key thread led me to inquire about angry goblin. Sorry, but that is hardly a derail.

If it's 10 times easier to complete, then why do you only have 20 ><
  18. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Because we only choose to do it a few times a week when its convenient? 20 was just an estimate btw, it could honestly be more at this point. With 8 weeks left, it doesn't seem terribly difficult and the angry goblin is probably less relevant than the actual time someone needs to spend working on their faction. Are you going to be asking for free goblin skins next? Might as well just have the sarnak handing out the rings when you zone into FV for next TLP.
  19. Silinius Augur

God I wish I could like this post more...
  20. Realoead New Member

The advice I gave to your trash tier guild about VP keys stands the same for the SWC. Just step back.