Can we make sure that MotM = Agent of Change? (eg Drusella Sathir)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Rizey Elder

Aww there's no need for name-calling now. Let's not derail the thread after all~

Sorry you can't see that I suggested a solution to an obvious bottleneck problem.
  2. Drakyria Lorekeeper

There already is a solution. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not a viable one.

Typically, devs focus their efforts on something where no workaround exists, it's the most efficient use of their time. In Drusella's case, there really wasn't a workaround outside of sitting in her room waiting. In Angry Goblin's case, the workaround is spawning additional picks through the use of teamwork. If you don't have a team to spawn picks with, that doesn't mean the workaround isn't still viable for others.
    Qelyn likes this.
  3. Rizey Elder

At what point did I say it wasn't viable? Said it once and I'll say it again, BGM timer was reduced, why can't this be?
  4. -wycca Augur

Kunark was live for 9 months before Velious came out =P. Also, I don't think anyone back then even had a conception of how long they expected expansions to last. They just had a popular game and wanted to get more content out asap.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Grumble, am I mixing up my expansions? Was it Classic that was (LOL...) the one year and Kunark was the 9 month?

Regardless - cut in 33% or 25% then (depending how the 12 wks vs. 9 months math works out) point still stands the same.
  6. GhostbustersII Elder

LOL Big difference between the BGM and Drusella.

I invite the instances though for this. Only problem I foresee is that Drusella can be taken down with such a small number of people. Very groupable although the group that killed it last night almost wiped in a laughable fashion. They brought about 18 people and were down to 1 monk left in the battle at the end it looked.
  7. Lifetap Augur

I've killed drusella with 4 characters on lockjaw.

I don't think instances are necessary. just reduce the spawn time. a timer like phinny's should be plenty fine.
  8. GhostbustersII Elder

Or remove mitigation (just for the simple fact that dru will spawn in instances than)

Though if they do instances, I hope the tune it a little higher so it takes about 12 to kill.
  9. Qelyn Augur

Pretty sure you missed the entire point of this thread. But don't worry, you're not the only one. Again, like has been stated here already, this is about consistency. If a mob has a MotM buff, they need to be instanced. If not, then they need to spawn in multiple picks. DBG has already said they agree and will be fixing it.

As far as you killing it on Lockjaw versus Phinny, two totally different worlds man.
    Ezen and GhostbustersII like this.
  10. Kyel Journeyman

Unfortunately, that's only partially correct. I PM'd Roshen asking about the broken golem and wraith of Shissar since the bg has MotM but doesn't spawn in an instance. He said there is no plans currently to change them so it appears that they only agree MotM means an instance in this one case and not all.

I am still waiting on a reply as to a general criteria for MotM and instance vs just MotM buff and no instance
    Rhiyannon and Vaclav like this.
  11. Pikallo Augur

The difference here is that BG/Shissar are in a zone that already has an expedition, but due to the nature of the way they spawn(don't spawn immediately on instance spin-up), they cannot pop before the instance timer has expired and is already closed down.

In Drusella's case, there simply is no instance at all, which is presumably why they plan to fix it.
  12. Kyel Journeyman

That may well be the simplified case of why. Of course since Casio Thule, Naggy, Vox, Trak do not spawn on server ups anymore but are all up in instances which is why I wonder what the general guide line for instances vs just MotM. With the change to drusella I can't recall any other mobs that have MotM but not an instance. Though it may well be what you presume that since they were never up on server up it would take too much effort to add these two exceptions to the instance because the want them to retain the buff to keep them from spawning in picks.
  13. Lifetap Augur

If the respawn time+window is deemed problematic, why not come up with a solution that benefits all players? While Agent of Change does alleviate the issue on one server, it leaves 2 other TLPs without any benefit. Many high value targets have had their respawn times reduced, why is drusella the exception?

I have done the quest, I have the Spirit Wracked Cords, I put in an absurd amount of time tracking Drusella. I'm not asking for a change on Lockjaw/Ragefire to benefit myself. I'm asking because due to the respawn time + drop rate combined, it is impossible that any reasonable number of players will be able to complete the quest on a single server during the entire 6 months of the expansion.
  14. Tierdal Augur

3 months yo... other servers #dedserver
  15. Qelyn Augur

They are putting an AoC for Drusella because they understand and recognize that a mob with a MotM buff should have an instance attached to it. Ragefire/Lockjaw don't have instances, therefore it is not something they can do.

If you want to make a plea for the devs to reduce her spawn time/window, that's fine. But that's not what this thread is about. Don't worry though, you're far from the only person that is confused by this.
  16. Kyel Journeyman

Once again, this is not accurate there are other mobs that have the MotM buff and do not spawn in any instance and they have no plans to change them at all. Neither by adding them to an instance nor by removing the MotM buff from them.

Though I do agree these cases, including those on test, are exceptions because almost every single other single mob out there with MotM appears to have an instance of be in one. Though once they get the instances on test fixed I suppose there could be MotM mobs that aren't in them.

So in the end this thread was only partially a success it was about all mobs with MotM buff getting/being in an instance and it used Drusella as an example. Unfortunately, the other cases of MotM buffed mobs not in any instance that the revs are aware of the don't have any intention of changing them.

So as long as we keep our expectations low I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Qelyn Augur

The best way to enjoy this game, I've found, is with low expectations.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  18. GhostbustersII Elder

And that's how you end up with the biggest girl at the bar...
  19. Kyel Journeyman

Why do you think I keep saying MotM doesn't mean instance because others who read that and see hs getting an instance might get their expectations up only to have them crushed because they aren't adding their MotM buffed mob to an instance.
  20. Prathun Developer

Drusella Sathir already spawns twice as quickly, on average, on progression servers as she does on non-progression servers. And with a spawn time variation to add some randomization to the spawn window. Most all the buffed bosses do this.
    Rhiyannon, Vaclav and Qelyn like this.