Can we make sure that MotM = Agent of Change? (eg Drusella Sathir)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Mar 27, 2016.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

[IMG]

I hopped over to Fippy to get screenshot evidence of this so that there isn't any question about it. Drusella Sathir is confirmed MotM buffed, so she doesn't/can't spawn in additional pickzones, yet Howling Stones doesn't have an Agent of Change for requesting a raid expedition.

If the dev team is considering Drusella a raid mob (MotM buffed, can't spawn in additional picks), can we make sure her zone gets an Agent of Change? Or, if not, can we have the MotM buff removed so she can spawn in additional picks? My personal preference is that we just get an expedition for her, since she is MotM buffed and drops raid-level loot (mind you, this is Kunark we're talking about - it's not omg amazing), but ultimately I'm arguing for consistency here. It's inconsistent to offer every other MotM buffed mob in an expedition, and not this one.

This has implications for Velious, too, and I'm not really sure what the correct direction to go with it is, but again: consistency.

So far I've discovered Velious expeditions on Test for Icewell Keep, Velketor's Labyrinth, Great Divide, Kael Drakkel, Sleeper's Tomb, Wakening Lands, Plane of Growth, Skyshrine, Western Wastes, Dragon Necropolis, and Temple of Veeshan. Perhaps that isn't all of them - that was just running around for an hour or two tonight. However Iceclad Ocean and Cobalt Scar also have MotM buffed mobs. I don't know if it's as critical to have an expedition for Lodizal and Kelorek`Dar as it is for Drusella (not that Wuoshi drops notably better loot than either of them?), but again my contention here is that right now MotM =/= AoC, and I think they should go hand in hand.

Thanks for reading. I hope this makes it to an interested dev.
    GhostbustersII, Finley and Bromm like this.
  2. Ducreux Augur

+1 so I can get my SWC without paying 15+ krono.
    Rhayder and Finley like this.
  3. Whyteknight Journeyman

+1 so I can enter Howling Stones without getting trained by the same well known trainer that trained IVAS yesterday.
  4. darkvixyen73 Augur

Isn't it your own guildmates that are locking down that spawn? It's lame to charge a guildmate like that if so....

I'm sorry.
  5. darkvixyen73 Augur

Raid instance for GD? So there's an instance just for running Ring Wars? That's pretty cool but weird at the same time...

Can only imagine what the repercussions of a Ring War fail would be...
  6. Bromm Lorekeeper

Yes please. Either solution would work just fine.
  7. Ducreux Augur

They're willing to put in the hours camping it / tracking the spawn while I'm playing other games on Steam, if they wanna give me a guildy discount that's cool but I wouldn't expect it from them. If the option was there where I could put together a group anytime the timer was up and go kill Drusella in an expedition that'd be ideal but this late into the xpac I'm not optimistic, though I'd be happy to even see it in Velious as it'll remain a BIS item for me.

Making her available in a pickzone would be cool as well, but popping picks of HS isn't easy unless you make a concerted effort as a guild to key everyone.
  8. -wycca Augur

Well, the ringwar takes about 3hrs to do. In that time, it pretty much turns the important part of GD into a no-no zone, with lots of potential issues. There's also 4 or 5 good items from it, including 2x FT items. Ie, it's a great raid encounter by itself, so it makes sense IMO that it has it's own instance. Pretty awesome of them to add it.

+1 on the HS instance. There's no reason a server so jam packed vs. the olden days has Drus on a 20hr+ timer blocking a key focus and BIS quest item.
  9. Krimzin Augur

Also interested in having this become an instance
  10. BigDog Elder

What was Vaclav doing in HS?
    Qelyn and yerm like this.
  11. Silentchaos Augur

Come on............. Can you idiots not hijack this thread please?
  12. darkvixyen73 Augur

Yea, I understand that - just the "repercussions of a failure" part is going to be potentially weird depending how its done.

With 3 copies of the war possibly going on the same day - you could have two wins and a failure - what status does Thurgadin end up in? Assuming these are all "just copied" like past DZs it seems like Thurg would flip flop wiped out and alive multiple times that day.
  13. darkvixyen73 Augur

BTW - Apparently from what a birdy told me today - Luclin DZs are on Test now too. They're being quite proactive in getting them up to test.
  14. Machen New Member

Good, better to do the next few expansions this time of year before they get busy with next expansion as we move toward fall.
    darkvixyen73 likes this.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Just so all the info is out here, here is the list of Velious AoC's discovered so far:

• Agent of Change in Great Divide (outside Thurgadin) offers expeditions to Icewell Keep and Velketor's Labyrinth.
    • Agent of Change in Eastern Wastes (outside Kael Drakkel) offers expeditions to Great Divide, Kael Drakkel, and Sleeper's Tomb.
    • Agent of Change in Kael Drakkel (outside of Wakening Lands) offers an expedition to Wakening Lands.
    • Agent of Change in Wakening Lands (outside of Skyshrine) offers expeditions to Plane of Growth and Skyshrine.
    • Agent of Change in Siren's Grotto (outside of Western Wastes) offers an expedition to Western Wastes.
    • Agent of Change in Western Wastes (outside of Dragon Necropolis) offers expeditions to Dragon Necropolis and Temple of Veeshan.
    Yes, many of them offer expeditions to multiple zones. The expeditions all work, but most of the named mobs are at the wrong spawn point (kind of like how Vindi is spawning at Yelinak's spawn point on RF) - for example Lodizal and Sentry Bedain were in ToV - and some mobs were missing altogether (Klandicar, or anyone else at his spawn point, in WW). No AoC for PoM in either ToV or GD; even if it's not a raid zone yet, it should be eventually as I understand, so I was hoping to find one.

The regen rate really was bad. At about 4000dps Lord Koi`Dokan (who was at Sontalak's spawn point) took about 10 minutes to kill.

Here are the Luclin AoC's discovered so far:

• Acrylia Caverns (in Grimling Forest)
    • Akheva Ruins (in Maiden's Eye)
    • Grieg's End (in Scarlet Desert)
    • Katta Castellum (in Twilight Sea)
    • Sanctus Seru (in Dawnshroud Peaks)
    • Ssraeszha Temple (in The Grey)
    • The Deep (in Echo Cavern)
    • Vex Thal (in Umbral Plains)
    • Umbral Plains (in Vex Thal)

Most of these are missing bosses or all mobs entirely. Not a huge surprise, as I wouldn't expect them to have these finished already. Of the few raid mobs that were spawned, none had MotM. The main weird thing was that the UP expedition's AoC really is inside of VT - hopefully they will move him to ME. One big discovered was that the statue that you click on in AC to teleport to the inner area does not work in the expedition - that will need to be fixed.

Not really a bug, but inconsistent with Classic/Kunark expeditions is that the zone lines (or touch points, such as the VT exit) all work. So, just a heads up there.
  16. darkvixyen73 Augur

LOL, so we did get a Lodizal DZ? Just... in ToV?

I realize it'll be fixed, but him + whatever that Sentry is, is hilarious...
  17. bodes Augur

Your only avenue to obtain an item is to pay many krono to your own guildmates. You should really stop a moment to think about that.
    Kittany and Rhiyannon like this.
  18. Ducreux Augur

Way to take a small part of my post and ignore the rest.

I'm not willing to sit down there for 6+ hrs at a time keeping the camp clear and fending off trains from other people who are also after the urn, they are. Expecting to get it for free while not putting in the effort required to hold the spawn down would be a dumb attitude to have. Just because we are all in the same guild doesn't somehow entitle me to reap the benefits of their effort outside of raids.
  19. Ducreux Augur

So how do Agents with multiple DZ offerings work? Do they still use the "danger" phrase as the request trigger or has it been changed to be more specific as to which one you want?
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

You've got it right, the dialogue has slightly more specific phrasing.