PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Yimin Augur

My Mage pet can hold agro , but my Bst pet can't , I play these two class as a raider grouper and solo , as for pets taking agro from tanks ,this no longer happens if taunt is turned off ...The tanks I used were raiding tanks ,and very good at there class ...

So it looks like my Bst is out agro Mage by a lot ,Bst pulled Agro on every single mob I pulled, when I was soloing , thank god for FD , that's when FD works on my Bst :D

For pet to taunt as good as possible, I set pets up with hate swords ,and taunt turned on, Mage pet was an Earth Pet lvl 105 pet for when I wanted pet as tank , when I was grouped I used a water pet with no hate swords and taunt turned off, pet weapons were just normal nuke proc weapons ..

As for my Bst pet she also did not take agro from tank , when taunt was turned off and using only nuke procing weapons ,also she had Sekmoset's Aggression RKIII, this lower agro by %22 this is used when pet is for DPS , when Bst pet was my tank ,she had hate proc weapons ,and taunt turned on ,she also had Sekmoset's Protection this increase agro by %22 . I think to fix this for Bst ,Sekmoset's Protection agro builder should be increased a lot ....

Yi Min

Both pet have Os Avus pets lvl 105
  2. Buds Augur

I said nearly impossible, because I don't know if it is impossible of not, Might be if you have a psycho 105 wizard burning, but I haven't been able to do it yet. On your BL, make sure pet taunt is on. You can also buff with the pet defensive, that adds hate. Personally though, I was pretty amazed at the aggro and I would be the first to complain if it wasn't good.
  3. Yimin Augur

Maybe you should read my post about this one ...where I am saying what I do with my pets ...

Yi Min
  4. Buds Augur

Well you're missing something, because my raid geared BL and Mage don't pull aggro. I have 145/18 claws on my BL. Maybe you don't have spell casting subtly enabled?? I doubt my pets are magically better. I do have EM20 pets, not sure if that helps too.
  5. Yimin Augur

It is enabled on both ....lower agro 68 percent on Mage and 40 percent on Bst ,I am maxed AA on both ,I have lvl 105 pets on both this ,I say on post here ......

Yi Min
  6. Nobodyfamous New Member

I just want to know...

Linden, did you ever finally change to multibinding and using a proper agro spell set that includes utilizing at least your top 5 agro spells, including multiple Crushes, as Brohg suggested on like page 7 of this thread?

Maybe SOME good can come of all this, and one whining tank can actually learn how to get and maintain agro?
  7. Brohg Augur

bah, that's all done with now. whether or not a pet tanks is 100% on the pet caster since the latest change
  8. Igniz Augur

Well, if you consider the pet taunting off the aggro from a player every couple seconds and instantly losing aggro again as "tanking" - yes, pets are tanking fine and the pet caster has 100% control over it ...
  9. Cicelee Augur

I was killing random trash in Plane of Health the other day for about three hours for collectibles. Not once did I pull aggro from my pet.

Apparently I am playing a different game than the rest of magicians are, because I am not experiencing any of the pet taunt aggro issues some of you have...
    Littlelegs and Sheex like this.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

I've went and solo'd and molo'd a lot after the changes, I've pulled aggro like twice and it was my fault I did so. Seems to me like everything is fine.

Generally I group with a few melee and the only time they really steal aggro from my pet is when they are full out burning..But even so, when I throw VT on there's nothing that they do that will take it..

It's nice to see a fix finally work correctly :).

As for Beastlords, I have a friend who I'd say is one of the best and he has no issue with his pet holding aggro, Yimin I have to assume it's something you are doing..Or not doing, that is causing you to lose aggro on your beast.
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Yimin Augur

If he is not take agro from his pet, he is poor at DPS , in fact he is very poor at DPS ... I raided both Mage and Bst , in case you did not know Mage get 68 percent hate reduce from AA and Bst only get 40 ...

Mage agro is very good for pet after patch again , but Bst pet agro still poor ....I do have 105 Necro with 12k AA , but I am not a good Necro only fair ,so I don't speak for that class , I will let a master Necro say if is poor agro or not for Necromancer pet

Yi Min
  12. Leex Pewpewer

Well that's my point though Yimin, he's actually very good DPS and he's not experiencing the same problems you are...Which is why I suggested maybe you take another look at what you're doing.
  13. Vdidar Augur

I know a bst I'm guilded with forgot to take taunt off in a group and the sk commented about how much aggro the pet was generating. He kept aggro but he took notice of the hate generated so I'd say on a beast your missing something.
  14. Sancus Augur

That's because the pet can taunt off of the SK, meaning its hate generation is significantly greater than it would be in the absence of the tank. I don't play a beast so I can't speak to their pet's aggro generation, but it's important to acknowledge the implications of pet taunt now working for pet aggro in different scenarios.
  15. Enkel Augur

There is probably a decent amount of people that don't know how taunt functions, so that would go over their head.
  16. Tweelis Augur

While I know how taunt works for players I have wondered if pet taunt is the same. Something tells me it's different but without a developer adding fuel to this fire I don't see any real way to determine that one way or another.

If pet taunt worked the same way as player taunt it would make sense that the agro meter would bounce around a lot more than it does. As it stands however our main pet has a very difficult time pulling agro off a gargoyle or even getting in the upper end of the agro meter....at least until the garg dies.
  17. Yimin Augur

I use every Bst trick for pet agro , and my Bst still takes from Pet ... Need to increase Bst AA to 68 percent hate reduce like Mage so wont get so much agro ... :eek:

Yi Min
  18. Cicelee Augur

Good players are good. Bad players are bad.
  19. Yimin Augur

I don't want to be only good , I wanted to be great, to be the best ,to have no equal, I did this on my Mage , I retired her , I now focus on my Bst ,I enjoy Bst very much ,I am still learn this class , I am sure some can teach me new tricks on Bst that I don't knowing, I am always willing to become better, I never refuse advice ,always I have an open ear for new ideas ...This is how you go from good to great .. and as for bad players ,I have never met a bad player all that I have ever met in EQ always wanted too improve there toon ....This will be the very last time I come to forums ,I wish you all luck in EQ and life ,dont take EQ so serious, it will end like everything else, then what will you do ???? hehe :) :) :)

Yi Min
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Hehe Yimin, you always know how to make me laugh..Thank you for posting.
    Sancus likes this.