Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endtime Elder

Real currency buys pp or krono. To solve this issue you need to remove both.

No currency, BJ for items.
    Tronk, Zublak and Elkay like this.
  2. Kalipto Augur

Will monks and mages still be so exceedingly high dps that no other class can even compete with them? Or did you decide to make this server in a way that balances the classes back to the way they were in the original game?
  3. Detheb Augur

Or, you know, they would get the kronos on another server? Sure, a bit more risk involved, but since krono are account bound, it would just make an extra step in the process. Good try though champ!
    Tronk and Silv like this.
  4. Finley Augur

It would be a customer service nightmare too as people would get scammed out of Krono and/or big ticket item. "Give me the Fungus Covered Scale Tunic now and then log over to Tunare and I'll trade you the Krono! Scouts honor!"
  5. Moranis Augur

While I agree, the most prevalent argument I hear is that krono just makes it much easier and thus more people will RMT than before when you had to buy it on ebay or something.
  6. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Virtual BJ's for all!
    Endtime likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

You can't buy what does not exist. There are no plats on the new server yet, but you can purchase enough Krono to be assured you will have tens of millions of plats in your bank soon after it's launch.

Heck, you wont even have to play the game!!
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Setup a policy that says (accepting trades with the intent to trade for another item on another server = illegal and zero support will be given)

It makes it known that these type of trades involve high risk which reduces the folks willing to do them in the 1st place. High risk = less people willing to do it = much harder to RMT
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

1) Kronos aren't going anywhere because they pay the bills.
    2) Most people whining about how other people play the game (boxing, buying kronos, whatever) just want to make other people play by THEIR rules. They may not know it, but they don't want to play an MMO. They want to play a single player game.
    3) There is no more "fair" in an MMO than there is in real life. And the economy is exactly the same, too. Sorry you can't accept that, but I wish you would stop trying to mess with MY playing experience.

4) The technology does not exist to prevent people from boxing. If it did, the NSA would have it and DBG would be at the top of the information security market. They are not.
    4a) Yes, you can detect a VM in it's default state, but you can easily modify the VM to make it unidentifiable. Just because they detected some default VMs (not a big feat), does not mean they can prevent anybody from using VMs.

MS provides free virtual machines for testing. I was able to download and install one of these VMs, and download and install and play EQ on a regular server in under an hour. Subsequent installs would be much faster (10 minutes, including disk copy time?).

I've seen several posts claiming people have been banned for using VMs. There are a plenty of reasons why somebody may need to use VMs to play EQ (such as when using a different native OS, like Mac or Linux, or when using a work computer that you want to keep separated from your EQ computer). Could somebody please point me to the evidence that people have been banned for using VMs? And could somebody please show us the rule from DBG (or even SOE) that would prevent somebody from using VMs to play EQ? I can not find a mention of "VM" or "virtual machine" anywhere on the EQ website (including the support section), except from players in the forums.

To be clear, I have no interest in playing on this server or interfering with the play experience of those that want to play on it. In fact, I'm really looking forward to having a server for all the "box haters" to play on so they stop whining. And I'm glad DBG is finally taking responsibility for their own software and instituting instanced content, instead of banning players for "hogging" content or attacking a raid before it was their "rotation" window.

However, the lure of testing DBG's claims of a box-free server (which I think is just another empty marketing promise, to exploit the whiners) might actually be worth $15 per attempt. More fun than the newest expansion, anyways.
  10. Sway-SA New Member

Then basically you came here to say you know some computer stuffz?
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  11. Lejaun Augur

Soon? It's going to take awhile for people to build up and farm platinum to trade Krono. It will start low, a few hundred platinum, then 500, then 1000, then 1500, etc etc. It isn't going to happen overnight after the launch.
  12. Coka Lorekeeper

Erm no? why would they go back to 16 years ago because you're pissing your pants over it?

It is what it is... deal with it
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Lol, no. I came here because of the OP:

"Please use this thread to start conversations about TLP4 the upcoming Phinigel server!"

Is there a better place to communicate with EQ players about the game and warn others about possibly (probably) misleading advertising claims? I am still hoping that somebody can provide more information.

But your comment...I'm not sure why you posted that? Feeling a little troll-y, perhaps? :)

Oh, and I also came here to chew bubblegum...
  14. MBear Augur

As someone who deals with pissing in pants fairly regularly, I can assure you that you have misread his wetness level and in fact sound closer to needing a change of underwear than he does.
  15. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

What I want to know is... will Matthias the main Man be playing. God that guy cracked me up with his constant dieing in the Hole and then blaming everyone else in his group for it.
  16. Pikallo Augur

Still in recovery from the gunshot wound
  17. Zublak Augur

It'd be cool if people just played Everquest and quit demanding something change every single day. You have instanced raids now. Accept it, be thankful and move on.
  18. MBear Augur

When people stop demanding change, it will be because apathy has set in and the EQ gig is up.
  19. Treesong Elder

Any old Scarlet Sun (original Kane Bayle Guild) members planning on playing here? :)
  20. LIG07 New Member

Passed on the first 2 TLP this year, wont be able to pass on this one!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.