GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Brogett Augur

+1 for this.

Just being able to identify the latest raid dump appearing and using that to annotate a parse would be good. To some extent you can glean equivalent information though including TGB buffs (eg beastlord out of group casting R.Fury on your group is just as good as having them in group for a parse, although we include them in group typically so they get benefit too).
  2. Zent New Member

Live healer parse overlay for tanks
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

What I posted IS BBCode. (It is just also html). My point was that BBCode isn't always setup on every forum. You can't make a BBCode table on these forums because the admin here is kind of a and runs this place like his personal fiefdom.

I left in the html options because I don't really have a problem with people using it. If they want to make their forums insecure by allowing people to post html that isn't my fault...
  4. Roxxanna Augur

This
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I have a question for you guys:

I could setup a server for people to upload their parses protected by a simple password. You could then share the parses with anyone by giving them the link and the password.

My question is would people actually use this or would it be a waste of time for me to do?

There are 2 possible issues I see:

1) People are idiots and think I give a about reading their parses.
    2) Once you upload it anyone who has the password is able to see it. There is no way to prevent someone else sharing your parses once they have the password. You could always delete them of course, but that doesn't stop people from seeing them in the first place.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

I would use this if it was made simple, i.e., it stores your password, and has a 1 click button that sends off selected data in a standard format.

I say selected data, because there may be situation where I don't want to share what/when I cast. Maybe I only want to share # of casts, total healed, and time. Some of us heal types have been posting our heal parse in a similar format on the forum under class-priest-self healing parse, so I think there would be interest in this.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Are you thinking something like the multi log parse. I know my guild was very interested in this a while back to reduce discrepancies across the raid force with regards to who parsed what. For some reason we were never able to get it set up properly. I would still like to see something like it though.

http://enu.numbatsoft.com/products/eqmlp/eqmlp.php
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No
  9. SneakyFast Journeyman

Yes, this would be appreciated. The password issue doesn't matter to me. I would use this with or without the password part. Information for all!
  10. Iila Augur

Depends on the implementation.

If it's basically an ftp server for text files with a web front end, not very interested.

If it's built into gamparse and logs are are shared via something like the gina share links, that's pretty useful.

Something like:

Chosen log snip is zipped locally, password for the zip is generated locally. Both are saved.
    Zip is uploaded to server.
    Share link that includes an encoded version of the url and zip pw is calculated and given to the user.

Parser keeps track of any log share links it sees and keeps a list where the user can choose logs to view.
    When a user grabs a log, it's downloaded and unzipped without them needing to enter a pw.
    Brohg, Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Symbius Augur

Something like: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog

But that may be too massive and undertaking for such an old game.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Sharing the log -file- itself is pointless because you can already do that via other means just fine. It would also change the results based on what settings people have set etc.

What I was thinking was just a simple website where it would host the html file outputs since any properly run forum blocks posting html these days.

It would upload the file and set a password randomly or user defined to view it, as well as a second one to delete it.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Think of like pastebin for parses.
  14. Iila Augur

Like password protected tweets?
  15. Iila Augur

So like, instead of using Export to EQ/Forums/HTML, there would also be a Web option?

If it gave an easy to use url or share code, that would be useful.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

idk I don't use twitter

Technically there already is one, but it doesn't do anything so I have the button disabled.

Yes there would be an easy to use url/share code, but you would still need the password to view it.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This isn't a final form, this is just something I threw together, but ideally it would look something like below.

Most people probably have never even seen what the HTML file outputs look like. They give so much more information than the other options it is a shame few ever use them.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Edit: Bonus points if you spot the mistake I just noticed I need to fix.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Iila Augur

Your druid needs to stop using hail in her dps weave.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That druid just came back from being retired for like 18 months or something so I doubt they know about the rain nerf.

That wasn't what I was referring to though.
  20. Sancus Augur

Total Casts displays your class and total casts is shifted down to fizzles, and I assume fizzles are shifted down to interrupts (actually noticed that a few weeks ago but subsequently forgot about it).
    Beimeith likes this.