GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

For dots, you absolutely can:
    [Sun Aug 16 16:39:27 2015] Praetor Captain Tita Aragus has taken 54849 damage from your Nature's Fiery Wrath Rk. III.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nniki like this.
  2. strongbus Augur

ohh. I figure where I can do a log search by spell for each fight and then add it up myself. that could do it in program. well i can just keep doing it the long way.
  3. Zentara Augur

That is only reported to the caster of the dot, and as far as I can tell right now, only for dots.

It may be possible to string together spell name + damage for nukes for the parsing player only, but we'll have to look at it closely to make sure.
  4. Iila Augur

His request was to get a by-spell breakdown of dps for his necro dot lineup.

Nuke classes don't get enough info to do that, but dot classes certainly do.
  5. Zentara Augur

I get that, but coding something that's really only useful to one class may not be the best use of resources. Still putting it on the list though :)
  6. NerfAway New Member

My parse times are never accurate. I know why as I have others hits and misses turned off so it only monitors my damage and such. Would there be any way to make it so that my parse has the accurate fight time I engage the mob and the start of every event hoping that would make a difference but it hasn't.
  7. Crystilla Augur

We're alike though I go back to 2010 :) And yes, when I want to rename my logs due to file size, I always still use Yalp as well.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Reval Augur

Well, even if merging files were impossible, let's say that there was a central player's computer or server where they took in information from other players parses, and just compared numbers? Surely the one with the higher number is more accurate and missed less.

I feel like this thread is getting into the interesting and dangerous territory of saying what can and can't be done. I'm sorry for any excess work this causes. Don't worry if the suggestion is unfeasible at this time, I won't press the idea.
  9. Riou EQResource

I know for DD's and Procs the old Yalp parser can do this and be fine as long as the end text of the DD are different, if they are the same it can only be reported in groups then.

I talked with Beimeith more about it awhile ago, but he wanted to try to get devs to add special wording or what not since a lot of spell lines share the same text, so if you use multiple in the same line they can't be separated currently for most part.
  10. Crystilla Augur

This may be a laziness on my part, but as a healer, when I pull info for posting, I have to pull it from 3 different screens. Would just love it all in one. The 3 things I pull:

1. Total duration of the fight (or combined fight, whatever I'm looking at).
    2. Total healing I did (total amount and the amounts per class).
    3. Total # of spells/AA's I cast.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zentara like this.
  11. Symbius Augur

That would be amazing. It would probably take someone like the people running EQResource to set up something like that on a grand scale.

Definitely a huge undertaking most likely, but it would be nice.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

this is outside of gamparse, but you could try using the log archiving features of gina. there is a daily function for that if you need that frequency. i have mine automated to back them up and it works well, but i also have gina running pretty much all the time.
  13. Roxxanna Augur

This.

And/or a button that exports a customizable set of data.
    Nniki and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Niphreedil New Member

It's been done, check http://enu.numbatsoft.com/products/eqmlp/eqmlp.php
    I no longer maintain it. Very few people are really interested by raid-level parses. Almost everyone seem to prefer a parser that has more chance to put them on top.
    At least that's my experience, but it was fun to write as there is a number of challenges doing that.
  15. svann Augur

I think it could be done within eq by using eq chat channels. Have the raid people all join myraidgina channel and then gina could share there.

Also, please make sure that I can import triggers from old gina.
  16. Zentara Augur

Gamparse, not Gina ;)
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I would love to see an event breakdown for a character in a combined fight.
    Not sure of the data, it may be something that you'd only be able to reliably see for your own character.
    Maybe even in some form of graph/timeline

For example: Druid1
    1s - Healed Tank1
    3s - Cast nuke on Mob1
    5s - Cast nuke on Mob2
    7s - Healed Wiz1
    10s - Blackwolf Wiz1, Wiz2, Wiz3, Enc1, Wiz4, Dru1
    12s - Group heal - Wiz1, Wiz2, Wiz3, Enc1, Wiz4, Dru1
  18. Bigstomp Augur

We already sorta have this, but having the target(s) as well would be very useful if the data is available.
  19. Zentara Augur

I think I see what you are getting at--basically, an event level timeline for spells/discs tab. Should be theoretically possible, but I'll need to validate.
  20. Brogett Augur

Here are some example Tango! pics. It's old and some of the special messages aren't recognised by it now, but it gives an example.

[IMG]
    Overlapping text is a mess!

[IMG]
    (The above figure is incorrect!)

[IMG]
    Nice idea, but it's too hard to see currently.

Anyway, I'm not asking you to copy Tango, but if there are ideas you like the look of then it may give some ideas. The graphs in particular are nice as you can click and get them into their own resizable windows.
    LS_Xegony_Dru, Beimeith and Zentara like this.