ttobey's Recent Activity

1. ttobey replied to the thread Brilliant Braxi mount camera shake.

There are less jiggly mounts, and that is because the mount's animation is very limited or nonexistent in it's side to side motion.

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:45 AM
  2. ttobey replied to the thread Brilliant Braxi mount camera shake.

So the mount camera attaches to the root of the mount. The mount is attached to the root. When you are running around as a player or on a...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:51 AM
  3. ttobey replied to the thread Brilliant Braxi mount camera shake.

There's a camera bone on the mount that doesn't move. The player when it's on a mount, it should be using the mount camera. It's not...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:42 AM
  4. ttobey liked Risiko's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I haven't developed a MMORPG before, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I know what I am talking about. ;)

Apr 17, 2024
  5. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

As if I have any good forum etiquette!

Apr 16, 2024
  6. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I don't agree with you on this one. How it will probably be used in my opinion, spin up a lot of concept ideas with AI , whittle...

Apr 16, 2024
  7. ttobey liked Nennius's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I spoke to the AI superlord. He wouldn't tell me a lot about his plans but he did say that pallies will rule and halflings are in deep...

Apr 16, 2024
  8. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I have a feeling when this AI Superlord starts trying to export characters into the EQ1 engine most of it's responses will be >Wait...What?

Apr 16, 2024
  9. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I have a bunch of recent eq/eq2 characters exported to Unreal here. -https://vimeo.com/849566054-

Apr 12, 2024
  10. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

That I'm not sure about but I would assume you are correct.

Apr 12, 2024
  11. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Unreal is great for a lot of things. I always drop new characters in it and our stuff looks great in Unreal. I actually like the character...

Apr 12, 2024
  12. ttobey replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

It was No Escape! haha

Apr 11, 2024
  13. ttobey liked Brickhaus's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

If you're going to make a crack, at least get it right. Kevin Cosner was in No Way Out. Maybe you meant No Escape ... which did...

Apr 11, 2024
  14. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

It's a very cool demo but running a character around an Unreal environment and making a fully working game are two different stories.

Apr 11, 2024
  15. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I'm sure it will help in the near future and be a tool for artists to use, but it's not there yet.

Apr 11, 2024
  16. ttobey replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I'd be terrified it would show up on the USA Channel every night at 3 am right after that Ray Liotta movie No Way Out!

Apr 11, 2024
  17. ttobey liked Angeliana's post in the thread We’ve heard the clamoring!.

[IMG] Introducing Fippy Fest 2024! When the thought of a role-playing game with multiple online users playing simultaneously in lands...

Feb 22, 2024
  18. ttobey replied to the thread Year of Darkpaw Lore & Trivia Contest.

Back wall of Absor's cube.

Feb 21, 2024
  19. ttobey replied to the thread planetside sold?.

Truly.

Feb 17, 2024
  20. ttobey replied to the thread planetside sold?.

We are (fortunately for us, unfortunately for you) all still here.

Feb 17, 2024
  21. ttobey replied to the thread planetside sold?.

You wouldn't want me coding anything.

Feb 16, 2024
  22. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Yeah I'm sure that's the same issue as mounts not using their cam joints. Anything besides a player model is not using cam joint.

Jan 25, 2024
  23. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

OK Mount movement- I've pretty much done all I can, it's now in codes hands to get the camera working correctly. It's a universal issue on...

Jan 24, 2024
  24. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

No the bobbing is coming from the up and down movement of the mount running. Actually it's also in all the other animations too, it...

Jan 18, 2024
  25. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

So that file was done in max, which makes it problematic. Not impossible, but adds a few steps of pain in the butt to the process. So not a...

Jan 17, 2024
  26. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

OK It is fixable. Hopefully only one file to adjust and will fix across similar horse models.

Jan 17, 2024
  27. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

That horse really could use a revamp.

Jan 17, 2024
  28. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

OK I found a similar one, and I see how it's rotating back. Let me see if I can track down the file.

Jan 17, 2024
  29. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

I didn't work on that one, that's why I'm not sure.

Jan 17, 2024
  30. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

When was that one released? I might be wrong, but if it's an original horse model, I can't fix. If its recent I probably can.

Jan 17, 2024
  31. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Sorry that one I can't update without a complete redo of the model.

Jan 17, 2024
  32. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Is it the pegasus?

Jan 17, 2024
  33. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

What does it look like? To me the mounts are usually rabbit_mount, designers name them stuff that I don't know what it is .

Jan 17, 2024
  34. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

OK cool. Will check in again next year and see if it's fixed.

Jan 16, 2024
  35. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

The raptors aren't smooth, they bounce too. It looks like they mitigated it with the horse by taking out any motion on the y axis.

Jan 16, 2024
  36. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

EQ1 had brand new ogres, goblins, deer, sheep, foxes and kerra this year, and they are some of the best looking npc's in the game....

Jan 16, 2024
  37. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

You have gotten better at snark! Ding 43!

Jan 16, 2024
  38. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

It's not in Covic's ability to fix that. It's not an art bug.

Jan 16, 2024
  39. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

It's a different bug. We were fixing a 3rd person thing that wasn't the same as 1st person.

Jan 16, 2024
  40. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Seriously.

Jan 16, 2024
  41. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

I need to create a bug. So here's what's going on. Players have a joint called Cam01. This joint isn't attached to players movement. When...

Jan 16, 2024
  42. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

If it's what I think it is, it will be on all mounts. It's just more obvious with the ones that move up and down a lot.

Jan 16, 2024
  43. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

ok yeah i see it.

Jan 16, 2024
  44. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

weird, cam01 isn't animating at all. It might be from the rotation of the squirrel, but if 1st person the Cam01 joint should eliminate...

Jan 16, 2024
  45. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Let me see if the camera is animating.

Jan 16, 2024
  46. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

It would be the camera getting animated somehow.

Jan 16, 2024
  47. ttobey replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Which mounts have a screen shake? There's no screen shake setting added to the mount. And are you talking about in 1st or 3rd person?

Jan 16, 2024
  48. ttobey replied to the thread EverQuest Show - Fippy Awards, Year of Darkpaw and The Top 10 of 2023.

That fox came out really nice, so did the deer but I really liked the cat person with the hood.

Jan 9, 2024
  49. ttobey liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread EverQuest Show - Fippy Awards, Year of Darkpaw and The Top 10 of 2023.

This episode was a lot of fun to put together, but also a LOT of work! I hope you all enjoy! [media] Thanks for watching! Fading

Jan 9, 2024
  50. ttobey replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Yeah I haven't put a sit on an illusion, but I just checked with how hard would be to implement. Not hard on my end, but I can't speak for...

Nov 17, 2023
  51. ttobey replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

NPC's never get a sit animation. I could probably do that going forward though. It might take some coding to get them to sit, but I will...

Nov 17, 2023
  52. ttobey replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Which illusions?

Nov 17, 2023
  53. ttobey liked Burdi's post in the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

I vote ttobey change all the models animations!

Nov 17, 2023
  54. ttobey liked FranktheBank's post in the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Man, you have some of a best/coolest posts.

Nov 9, 2023
  55. ttobey replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

We were just talking about that!

Nov 9, 2023
  56. ttobey liked Nennius's post in the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Arthritis was a serious issue for some races. Very sad.

Nov 9, 2023
  57. ttobey replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Actually, I was able to find the really old troll model and mess around with it. I had to put in new joints to animate it, so it's not...

Nov 9, 2023
  58. ttobey replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

I don't think the old models had enough joints to bend their legs!

Nov 9, 2023