A request for mounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomie, Jan 15, 2024.

1. ttobey Developer

The raptors aren't smooth, they bounce too. It looks like they mitigated it with the horse by taking out any motion on the y axis.
  2. ttobey Developer

OK cool. Will check in again next year and see if it's fixed.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Spider mounts such as jungle spider bridle, and all of the various reskins of them, have a really excessive amount of sidewise shake that has always felt excessive. It only exists in third person view.
    Here's a link:

Ileasa likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you :)

I'm in love with the hawk harness but it is a bit on the big side like many other mounts and still opt for the carpet more than any other mount.

Can size be consindered when creating new mounts. The smaller area a mount takes up the better. :)
    Ileasa likes this.
  6. Bilderov Augur

Don't get the animated hand then - they're huge! Love it though!
    Ileasa likes this.
  7. Gallicus New Member

This is awesome. I've had a few motion sickness issues with the game, and the mounts have definitely been one of them. I too was disappointed I couldn't use the Extra Life mount, as it makes the game unplayable while riding it. I had made a post about other motion sickness issues back in October, and maybe this is something you could look at as well? Others replied having issues too: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ke-motion-sickess-issues.293533/#post-4253976

Thanks for your attention to this and the fix for mounts at least!
    Ileasa and minimind like this.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

You seriously need to chill. You're neither this person's boss nor mama and you're definitely not helping the effort to get things fixed.
  9. Gnomie Denser than most

Can you please stop being an complete jerk on the forums to the one Dev who looked into this for us?

I opened this thread to see if there was a chance to get it fixed, if it was a bug. Or to have it at least looked into. I don't need my thread hijacked by a basement dwelling keyboard warrior.
    Cavall, Ileasa, OldTimeEQ1 and 7 others like this.
  10. Bilderov Augur

The devs should get a pat on the back for treading into these threads, not pushed away.

I work as a developer and the thought of me having to talk directly to the customer base just sends a shiver down my spine.

Thanks for looking into this ttobey - more people appreciate it than don't.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Can you check the character Z-axis on the Qeynosian Strider? This has nothing to do with this camera post but the character is rotated backwards 5-10* and it's silly. I was very glad to obtain this mount but I don't use it because my abs hurt.
    Ileasa and fransisco like this.
  12. ttobey Developer

What does it look like? To me the mounts are usually rabbit_mount, designers name them stuff that I don't know what it is .
    Ileasa, Yinla and Tutankamen like this.
  13. ttobey Developer

Is it the pegasus?
    Ileasa and Tutankamen like this.
  14. Jedis Arch Mage

15. ttobey Developer

Ileasa, minimind and Nennius like this.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

That's disappointing news and it's frustrating it was released in the state that it is. I was excited about the mount on inspection but disappointed by it once i had it and saw the error in the design.

I do however appreciate you taking a look at it.

I am very happy with the Wrulon mounts I have obtained since. They are very nice.
  17. ttobey Developer

When was that one released? I might be wrong, but if it's an original horse model, I can't fix. If its recent I probably can.
  18. ttobey Developer

I didn't work on that one, that's why I'm not sure.
  19. ttobey Developer

OK I found a similar one, and I see how it's rotating back. Let me see if I can track down the file.
  20. ttobey Developer

That horse really could use a revamp.