A request for mounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomie, Jan 15, 2024.

1. ttobey Developer

OK It is fixable. Hopefully only one file to adjust and will fix across similar horse models.
    Raccoo, Ileasa, Trelania and 7 others like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

can it be done for ALL horse models? While some aren't as terrible, many have it to some degree
  3. ttobey Developer

So that file was done in max, which makes it problematic. Not impossible, but adds a few steps of pain in the butt to the process. So not a slam dunk yet.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You just became my fave Dark Paw employee, thanks for taking the time out to look at this stuff for us. It is much appreciated. :)
  5. modsiw Augur

Chickens probably find it hyper-realistic.
    Flatchy, Nennius and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  6. modsiw Augur

o_O
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Many thanks to ttobey for jumping on this. I do appreciate it.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

For real though...I think it's the fourth time I've seen them seemingly read a post or comment and they are like..."hey, I think I can solve that" and it just happens.
    Cavall, Ileasa, Gnomie and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you for that nugget of information.
    Flatchy likes this.
  10. FYAD Augur

what about the flying sokokar mounts such as: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=132511 and https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=81599
    When in flying mode and standing still (3rd person camera), the model bobs up and down and the camera follows the bobbing model. It would be great if the camera was stationary while the model moved up and down on the screen (compared to what actually happens where the model stays in the center of the screen and the entire game scene moves up and down). Or nix the bobbing altogether.
    Ileasa likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I am just glad it was not some fowl comment.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Wow, like others - I had assumed the bobbing is a "realistic" feature of the mounts, for the past couple of decades! I never got to later stage mounts, but only used the Store/LoN ones.

I play in first person for immersion and the Lev/Dmf bobbing used to make me nauseous (fixed long ago), and gotten used to my donkey's bobbing (will switch to 3rd person and run into every obstacle!).

Thank you very much ttobey!
    Ileasa and minimind like this.
  13. Jedis Arch Mage

Thank you. It's always refreshing to see members of the team go the extra mile by combing through the catacombs/archives of files long abandoned and trying to decipher and improve upon things that players have long since accepted as not going to be fixed.
    Ileasa, GrandOpener and Yinla like this.
  14. ttobey Developer

No the bobbing is coming from the up and down movement of the mount running. Actually it's also in all the other animations too, it just depends how much the mount is moving on the idle animation for it to be noticeable.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

And many thanks again for your work on this. You are a scholar and a gentleman.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Ileasa like this.
  16. Gnomie Denser than most

Gah, don't egg him on with posts like these.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

don't chicken out now

it's just getting egg-citing
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

these are terribad dad yolks.
    Flatchy, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  19. Jedis Arch Mage

The Roboboar / Argent Clockwork Boar Saddle is very bouncy when riding. Especially bad on a Gnome. The screen shakes up and down a lot. Not sure if that one will be fixed by what you've mentioned in this thread, but thought I'd bring it up.
    Ileasa likes this.
  20. Etha Journeyman

The Bridle of the Balefire Wyvern bobs up and down something fierce when stationary
    Ileasa likes this.