Goranothos's Recent Activity

1. Goranothos liked Cicelee's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Well halfling. Now that song is stuck in my head all day. Thanks. On a more positive note, MTV videos in the 70s and early 80s were...

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:17 AM
  2. Goranothos liked Svann2's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Actual footage of DPG during a patch: [media] :p

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:16 AM
  3. Goranothos liked Jarok's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

After they start the scripts running, I imagine something like this? [IMG]

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:12 AM
  4. Goranothos replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

0 If I want to play a certain class, I just create an alt.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:10 AM
  5. Goranothos replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

When I transferred to FV years ago I knew it was a one way trip. No regrets. I wouldn't transfer off if it was free.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:08 AM
  6. Goranothos liked jeskola's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Ray Liotta was the star of Goodfellas and died recently. Put some respect on his name.

Apr 12, 2024
  7. Goranothos liked ttobey's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I'd be terrified it would show up on the USA Channel every night at 3 am right after that Ray Liotta movie No Way Out!

Apr 12, 2024
  8. Goranothos liked Bobbybick's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

You know those bins of $1 DVDs at the supermarket or walmart? An EQ movie wouldn't even make it there, it would be in the landfill with the...

Apr 12, 2024
  9. Goranothos liked Flatchy's post in the thread Merc Question.

Please show me on the doll where the merc hurt you. :)

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Goranothos liked Hoss Mage's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

I have them but don’t equip them on raids. I rarely have mana issues unless grinding in group and I will pop them in for that. Mages are...

Mar 27, 2024
  11. Goranothos liked fransisco's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Time spent monster summoning is time spent not nuking. Especially if you leave the world of short raid burns.

Mar 27, 2024
  12. Goranothos liked Roxas MM's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

like i would give a mage my foc paragon

Mar 27, 2024
  13. Goranothos liked Szilent's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

What you've just done here is robbed your group of 700 mana/tick (didn't check the arithmetic on that, sounds roughly on). The other...

Mar 27, 2024
  14. Goranothos liked OldCa61's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

This is Ricman Now on Xegony and still playing when I can find the time, Nice to see all of you still saving the World !!! Look me up

Mar 27, 2024
  15. Goranothos replied to the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Exactly. I banked the splinter of potency and use the new anniversary Evoc aug. Kept the bixie summoner's stone.

Mar 26, 2024
  16. Goranothos liked fransisco's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Use the first one you get (conj vs evoc) and then use the ldon/cotf one for the other

Mar 26, 2024
  17. Goranothos liked Eaedyilye's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

With the new anniversary type 3 augs available, there's no excuse not to use them. On the FV server, you can buy them in the Bazaar if you...

Mar 26, 2024
  18. Goranothos liked Hoss Mage's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Hi, yes I took a break for 10 years and came back. Good to see old druzzil and fenin folks still around!

Mar 26, 2024
  19. Goranothos liked Szilent's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Every time a 125 magician casts Ravening Servant, the +15%(45) spec conj aug saves them 198 mana. In a dozen casts, right at two minutes...

Mar 21, 2024
  20. Goranothos replied to the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

I remember you from when you were in Hoss on Druzzil Ro around 2001/2002. You and Seamist and Ricman are all mages I remember from that...

Mar 20, 2024
  21. Goranothos replied to the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Well this changes things: [img] Definitely time to finally lose the Splinter of Potency. Nice that they made the new one Type 3.

Mar 20, 2024
  22. Goranothos liked Belkar_OotS's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I love my cleric. Clerics shine best when things go to crap or conditions are the most difficult. We may hate that we are expected to...

Mar 20, 2024
  23. Goranothos liked Alnitak's post in the thread Semi new player getting fed up with 110 plus.

Last week I have dragged my newly created alts thorugh ToV progression (Mercenary and Partisan quest). Everything worked flawlessly. It...

Mar 18, 2024
  24. Goranothos replied to the thread Mage Invis.

:D

Mar 15, 2024
  25. Goranothos liked Conq's post in the thread Mage Invis.

Years of spell craft should have taught any magician to use their Perfected Invisibility (permanent), either self only or group. Conq

Mar 15, 2024
  26. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

I can tell that xp has already slowed down, but that's OK. I really think the devs did a great job of blending the Hot zones, HA's, and...

Mar 12, 2024
  27. Goranothos liked Alnitak's post in the thread Gearing up on live.

Group 1 is strange to me. I would not play it myself, unless you just do some boring grind for a named or AA's. Group 2 is a very viable...

Mar 12, 2024
  28. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

When you hit 110, you will get more XP from doing progression quests than from grinding camps. Took me a long time to come to accept that...

Mar 12, 2024
  29. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

I think this is what happened, because we just recently discovered the power of Guild Lobby raid buffs, and we noticed this happened...

Mar 12, 2024
  30. Goranothos liked Rijacki's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

And don't forget to pick up the collection bits in the HA missions! If you can, though, hold off on collecting the last bit of the...

Mar 8, 2024
  31. Goranothos liked fransisco's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

I think they should just put exp back on mobs - either in missions or normal world. The chest thing is kinda dumb.

Mar 7, 2024
  32. Goranothos liked Nennius's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

[media]

Mar 7, 2024
  33. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

From this point forward, always get the best pet focus you can. Extremely important for any pet class, especially magicians. I searched...

Mar 6, 2024
  34. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

We had our first HA experience and it was a blast. We received a ton of XP and received enough Valor to purchase our first level 75 gear...

Mar 6, 2024
  35. Goranothos replied to the thread Gamma correction?.

I ran the "calibrate display color" app in Windows 11 and it helped me. The gamma part of the app shows three grey blobs with dots in the...

Mar 6, 2024
  36. Goranothos liked Flatchy's post in the thread Gamma correction?.

I did not really expect it would. I am a mechanic by trade in a factory that builds the worlds greatest tractors. I get to deal daily...

Mar 6, 2024
  37. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Soon you'll hit the Gribble missions. Muaahahaha!!

Mar 6, 2024
  38. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Howdy folks, we're working on the level 70 hot zone quest for the Hive and we've noticed that drachnid infiltrators or champions don't...

Mar 6, 2024
  39. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

We're level 74 now about to hit 75, and rocking the Direwind Cliffs @ the Direwind Current camp! Amazing XP with lesson and w/o :)

Mar 6, 2024
  40. Goranothos liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note. tl;dr This change will result in the...

Mar 6, 2024
  41. Goranothos liked fransisco's post in the thread Exp was changed to TOV Hero Missions? Why?.

Can we just move exp back onto mobs? Farming chests is the ultimate in not playing characters. Just sit in guild lobby and get task adds to...

Mar 6, 2024
  42. Goranothos liked Nennius's post in the thread 3D print statue of my bard, Mirthe.

No toilets in EQ equals a very real problem. And it does give additional meaning to the complaint of ruining our own lands.

Mar 6, 2024
  43. Goranothos liked Brickhaus's post in the thread 3D print statue of my bard, Mirthe.

Great statue. Nice job. ...but... How can anyone organize their books that way, including one upside down. The madness!!!

Mar 6, 2024
  44. Goranothos liked Mirthe's post in the thread 3D print statue of my bard, Mirthe.

Hi all, I thought someone might appreciate this 3D print I made of my bard, Mirthe. Yes, I'm using Luclin models, because when I started...

Mar 6, 2024
  45. Goranothos replied to the thread Full screen.

All membrane keyboards are trash, IMO. Love my mechanical Keychron. I bet it weighs 10 lbs, lol.

Feb 29, 2024
  46. Goranothos liked Dre.'s post in the thread Full screen.

Similar experience 10+ years later except we would alternate between typewriters and monochrome computers with cheap membrane keyboards....

Feb 28, 2024
  47. Goranothos replied to the thread Full screen.

On my Keychron keyboard, both of those keys are labeled Enter, but the one to the right of the ' has the left facing arrow. I would...

Feb 28, 2024
  48. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

The mage power of AoE is freaking amazing! I never got to used this before because the mobs were so hard to fight that we had to use single...

Feb 26, 2024
  49. Goranothos replied to the thread Merc Question.

For mage/shammy I use healer merc and melee dps merc. A lot of the time I could do without the healer merc, but I'm a bit lazy. ;)

Feb 22, 2024
  50. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Thank you Rijacki! I'll admit, I'm quite happy with that change :) I remember spending hours trying to recover corpses which made for a...

Feb 21, 2024
  51. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Actually, IIRC, the 61 air pet and the epic pet are roughly equal. Now when you get to the 66 air pet that's when the epic pet is left...

Feb 21, 2024
  52. Goranothos liked Rijacki's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Completing the goal of the epics isn't always about the value of the item. They're incredible quests on their own. AND, you get get an...

Feb 20, 2024
  53. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Glad you and your wife are having fun! You gonna do your epic 1.0s?

Feb 20, 2024
  54. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Thank you for the updates! We discovered the joys of AA's this past weekend, which started unlocking for us at level 55. We are 57 now and...

Feb 20, 2024
  55. Goranothos liked Orablast's post in the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

by the by, we are Kurzhex and Mistivous on FV, pleased to meet you, hope you guess our name.

Feb 20, 2024
  56. Goranothos liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Overseer Question.

Well, that's kinda the point of autofill...so you don't have to waste time filling in the agents. You can't "delete" anything. The...

Feb 15, 2024
  57. Goranothos liked Bernel's post in the thread Overseer Question.

Duplicates of Commons and regular Uncommons are okay. Overseer will allow you to use duplicates of those in quests. But dups of Uncommon...

Feb 15, 2024
  58. Goranothos replied to the thread Overseer Question.

So if I have any duplicate Rares I should just retire the dup?

Feb 14, 2024
  59. Goranothos replied to the thread Overseer Question.

Wait. I did not know that. Should I be deleting duplicate agents? I always just hit "auto fill" and hardly pay any attention to which...

Feb 14, 2024
  60. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

OP shoot me a tell or in game mail when you ding 110. I think I have a complete set of mage Snowsquall armor that I'll give you. :-)

Feb 14, 2024
  61. Goranothos replied to the thread Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024.

Moved from Druzzil Ro to F-Vie years ago. No regrets. The free trade is the only way to go, IMO.

Feb 14, 2024
  62. Goranothos liked Kaenneth's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

Time not having to cast Gather Manas, Symbiosis, etc. to actively recover mana means more nukes, which FAR outweigh the rounding error of...

Feb 2, 2024
  63. Goranothos liked Piemastaj's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

I have both of these in 24/7. With the way our spells have changed throughout the years, Spell Damage just doesn't provide a meaningful...

Feb 2, 2024
  64. Goranothos liked Domniatric's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

I use the slightly weaker LDON version of these on Mischief (Underfoot). The value you get from them in mana savings feels better to me...

Jan 26, 2024
  65. Goranothos liked fransisco's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

You do zero damage when your oom. A little SD or HINT can't make up for these augs.

Jan 26, 2024
  66. Goranothos liked kizant's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

They're still worth way more mana than you'll find on any aug.

Jan 26, 2024
  67. Goranothos liked Zalamyr's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

I suppose if you never go oom, augs with extra spell damage would add a tiny bit more DPS. But in general I'd recommend just using them and...

Jan 26, 2024
  68. Goranothos posted a new thread.

Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125

[img] [img] Still worth equipping?

Forum: Casters

Jan 25, 2024
  69. Goranothos liked Cuzon's post in the thread An Epic Journey - All 16 Epics Completed On One Character.

Took about 20 minutes or so once I found the correct PH. All in all, about 45 minutes. The longest camps where for the swords from the...

Jan 23, 2024
  70. Goranothos liked Atlans's post in the thread You're in our (dark) world now.....

OMG OMG THANK YOU Svann2 !!!! I went into the EQClient, changed the texturequality to 1 and now I have this: [IMG] A little on the...

Jan 23, 2024
  71. Goranothos replied to the thread Curiosity of FV.

Krono is down to about 6 million on FV as I type this.

Jan 23, 2024
  72. Goranothos liked Valcron's post in the thread What are the Top 10 Dragons in EverQuest?.

Without a doubt the OGs vox and naggy

Jan 23, 2024
  73. Goranothos liked Can'theal's post in the thread What are the Top 10 Dragons in EverQuest?.

1. Sleeper - obvious 2. naggy/vox - OGs 3. Jaled'dar / Phara Dar 4. Trakanon 5. Gorenaire/Sev 6. Vishimtar 7. Vulak 8. Zlandicar 9. Quarm...

Jan 23, 2024
  74. Goranothos liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

That is their official policy yes. The policy doesn't exist because ks'ing is the goal. The goal is to not have to do customer support. If...

Jan 23, 2024
  75. Goranothos liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

Live servers voluntarily follow the Play Nice rules the vast majority of the time. And those are the same rules I go by and enforce as...

Jan 23, 2024
  76. Goranothos liked fransisco's post in the thread An Epic Journey - All 16 Epics Completed On One Character.

disagree, just because you can get a item you cannot use doesn't mean you should be able use it in any way.

Jan 23, 2024
  77. Goranothos replied to the thread An Epic Journey - All 16 Epics Completed On One Character.

Wow! How long did it take you to get Quillmane to pop for the peg cloak?

Jan 23, 2024
  78. Goranothos replied to the thread You're in our (dark) world now.....

OP try running the Windows app that allows you to adjust your gamma. I forget what it's called just type adjust gamma in the search...

Jan 23, 2024
  79. Goranothos replied to the thread You're in our (dark) world now.....

That statue is now black in my guild hall also. I am running a gaming desktop that I built a few years ago with a Republic of Gamers...

Jan 23, 2024
  80. Goranothos replied to the thread EQ is dark now.

I went through Windows' monitor calibration app and adjusted my gamma. Basically it shows you three gray blobs with dots in the middle and...

Jan 23, 2024
  81. Goranothos liked CatsPaws's post in the thread You're in our (dark) world now.....

This is an excellent screen shot of what many of us are seeing in case the dev's don't understand and are having the wool pulled over...

Jan 23, 2024
  82. Goranothos liked Schadenfreude's post in the thread EQ is dark now.

For myself, the OP and dozens upon dozens of others the answer here is "too dark". As things stand the only workaround for many is to...

Jan 22, 2024
  83. Goranothos replied to the thread EQ is dark now.

Yep, but what I used to do before is just reboot my system after I finished playing EQ, because the EQ gamma slider made the rest of...

Jan 22, 2024
  84. Goranothos replied to the thread EQ is dark now.

Thank you for your help, but I am not going to increase my Windows gamma just for EQ.

Jan 19, 2024
  85. Goranothos replied to the thread EQ is dark now.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

Jan 19, 2024
  86. Goranothos liked The real Sandaormo's post in the thread Bring Gamma back please.

This game is now too dark, none of the sliders people say to use work. Advanced lighting does 1 of 2 things, either nothing or blows the...

Jan 19, 2024
  87. Goranothos posted a new thread.

EQ is dark now

And I don't mean dark as in not happy, I mean it's dark as in hard to see. Why was the gamma slider removed? I typically kept the gamma...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jan 19, 2024
  88. Goranothos liked Moldar's post in the thread Shaman spell Spirit Reinforcement.

Additional AC and STR stat to your pet, overall the AC is worthwhile for the pet if using it to tank.

Dec 5, 2023
  89. Goranothos liked Tatanka's post in the thread The expansion's release is tomorrow...

Awesome saying! If you coined that, hats off :)

Dec 5, 2023
  90. Goranothos liked Tuco's post in the thread The expansion's release is tomorrow...

I'm ready to go. Characters are ready, vacation is taken, honey-dos are honey-done. I'm going to hit the expansion hard and then act...

Dec 5, 2023
  91. Goranothos replied to the thread Overseer, max level in all categories.

I mean I use the finish now option when I'm getting close to dinging the next level. Big deal. It's just funny money DB cash. I get 500 DB...

Nov 17, 2023
  92. Goranothos liked Hobs's post in the thread WHERE IS THE DOUBLE EXP???.

You said "bonii'! [IMG]

Nov 14, 2023
  93. Goranothos liked sdeco's post in the thread Guild Hall Teleports.

When buying a teleport token, instead of having them hand it to you so you can hand it right back, could not the portal just auto set based...

Nov 9, 2023
  94. Goranothos posted a new thread.

Shaman spell Spirit Reinforcement

Explain to me how this spell helps Shaman pets. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=63239 Assume the shaman has...

Forum: Priests

Nov 9, 2023
  95. Goranothos liked Angeliana's post in the thread Extra Life Bonuses Now Live!.

[IMG] Thanks to everyone’s staggering generosity and sensational participation in this year’s Extra Life fund-raising for Rady Children’s...

Nov 8, 2023
  96. Goranothos liked Cicelee's post in the thread Which mage pet and when?.

The one caveat about water being the be all/end all for all scenarios if you have a raid level focus is that while the pet can handle any...

Nov 3, 2023
  97. Goranothos replied to the thread Can epic 1.0 mobs spawn times please be updated.

Cries Quillmane tears. God I hated that horse back in 2001.

Nov 3, 2023