Firiona Vie server ruleset 2024

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Orablast, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The Timeless Tower for the Year of Daybreak also has a mount you can purchase with the Timeless Tokens. You get the tokens for doing the YoDB collections (new place each month, it's Naggy's Lair this month), completing the floor key the first time, and completing the floor. The tower's first floor key+floor is a whistle wetter adventure. Depending on your level, it might take around 30 mins to complete both. The mount is expensive but you can accumulate the tokens from running the tower floor multiple times. The next floor opens soon (with the next patch) and it should have a key + floor, too.

The expansion bundles CE, PE, and FnF also have mounts (and big bags and other things). If you're not on a TLP, those are available for use for any level. You can even claim an expansion bundle mount on a level 1 character (or persona).
    Orablast likes this.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Just start an elf (ELF HIE HEF) to skip all that. They do talk elvish, el´fish and elf´ish. And they do like fish.
    Orablast likes this.
  3. Goranothos Augur

Moved from Druzzil Ro to F-Vie years ago. No regrets. The free trade is the only way to go, IMO.
    Schadenfreude and Orablast like this.
  4. Goranothos Augur

OP shoot me a tell or in game mail when you ding 110. I think I have a complete set of mage Snowsquall armor that I'll give you. :)
    Orablast likes this.
  5. Orablast Elder

I'll be sure to let you know when we hit 110, thank you! We just hit level 41 last night, so it might be a while till we reach that level. We like to stop an occasion and smell the roses and take in the sights. This is such a wonderful game!
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Considering op stated he had already made a dark elf then my suggestion is a possible solution.
  7. Orablast Elder

Yeah, we're well past that part. We leveled our Elvish to 100 last night and we can finally understand people. Thank you all for the suggestions. We're still deciding on what mount we should go for, but we're in no hurry and really enjoying the game. Our next plan is to travel around and work on jboots quest.

So far, we're going strong slaying all in our path with no merc yet. She summons earth pet and I summon air pet, which has been a really strong combo so far and loving it! :) I forgot about how much you fizzle in the beginning of the game, so we spend a lot of time sitting around and raises our skills. I've really missed this game!
    Grove, Rijacki and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I am so glad you're having fun 'cause that's the main reason to play :)
    Orablast likes this.
  9. Orablast Elder

Howdy folks!

We just had our first death at 45 in Trakanon's Teeth trying to get to old seb and I noticed that we didn't lose all our gear, which is great, imho. However, now I'm wondering at what level do we lose all our gear?
  10. Orablast Elder

by the by, we are Kurzhex and Mistivous on FV, pleased to meet you, hope you guess our name.
    Goranothos likes this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

A QoL change was made some years ago (no clue when, I was absent at that time) to not lose your gear on death at any level. You still lose XP for dying after level 6 but keep all your gear. You don't have to go find your corpse to get your gear, but a rez will generally give you XP back. AND, there are corpse summoners in the Guild Lobby that will summon your corpse(s) from anywhere in the world.

There is also a special AA that's auto-granted (not sure when) called Expedient Recovery that will summon your corpse(s) and rez you for 100% XP recovery. It has a very very long re-use timer. I can't recall how long and the time only counts down when you're online. It's at least 24 hours but might be a couple days before you can use it again.

A healer merc will give you a rez with XP recovery that's similar to a cleric of the merc's owner's level.
    Orablast likes this.
  12. Orablast Elder

Thank you Rijacki! I'll admit, I'm quite happy with that change :) I remember spending hours trying to recover corpses which made for a great experience back then, but no so much anymore.

After our deaths last night, we decided to buy one healer merc that I'll control, but then I made the mistake of gating out before my wife as we were surrounded by mobs, and she died instantly with no healer. I'll be sure to wait for her to gate first next time, so that I won't get in trouble :)

We just got all subscriptions last night, so I'm excited to see all the new AA available. I can't wait to play tonight!
    Goranothos, OldTimeEQ1 and Grove like this.
  13. Gialana Augur

Just in case you want to know, all of the veteran AA are now granted upon character creation. The first time you log a new character in, you get the spam messages that you've been granted all of the AAs.

I just checked, and the reuse timer for Expedient Recovery is 164 hours, basically 1 week (4 hours short). However, the reuse timer does tick down no matter if your character or account is logged in. It works the same as Lessons of the Devoted. All of the other information in your post was spot on and great.
    Orablast likes this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Thank you. I could have sworn it was less time to use it again if I had been online with that character, but I don't use it so frequently lately. One tip with the Expedient Recovery, it will work with ALL of your unrezzed corpses (that haven't expired). So, tip for the newly returned, if you're doing something risky that's getting you dead, you can stack up a few corpses before using ER on them all.

Lesson of the Devoted, for the newly returned, is a 30 min XP boost you can use roughly once a day. If I have potions, I will use one when the Lesson runs out (if I want to use them... or remember to use them). Lesson and potions generally work with server-wide XP boosts, like the ones we get for some of the holidays.
    Orablast and Gialana like this.
  15. Gialana Augur

I also thought it was shorter. But it also turns out that my previous post is not entirely accurate. I didn't realize that the Veteran AAs are tied to expansions. I think many of them, including Expedient Recovery require Dragons of Norrath being unlocked on the server, and it does have a base reuse of 164 hours. Once a server unlocks Veils of Alaris, though (which applies to Firiona Vie), the Veteran AA that reduces reuse timers for the others by 25% is available. So on servers that are at least to Veils of Alaris, the reuse time for Expedient Recovery is 123 hours, still a long time, but only 5 days, 3 hours.
    Orablast and Rijacki like this.
  16. Orablast Elder

Thank you for the updates! We discovered the joys of AA's this past weekend, which started unlocking for us at level 55. We are 57 now and we have all kinds of new toys from AAs! Run Speed 3 is sweet! Our crits hit for around 3k dmg from Fury! We have a port to the guild lobby, a gate & summon pet button, so we no longer have to put these spells on the gem bar.

We haven't tested the Expedient Recovery yet, but my thought on it was as Rijacki suggested...wait until we do something risky and die a lot, then use it to recover all that XP. Our favorite right now is to pop Lessons and that Servant that looks like a little flying devil. That little guy will heal, haste, and cast clarity which is absolutely awesome during Lessons!

We're leveling up in Veksar right now. It's a beautiful dungeon with tons of space and plenty of mobs to go around for everyone. We managed to kill a few Named / Rare creatures and we'll continue to explore deeper into the dungeon, I can't wait to see the entire place! I have been here before in the past, but it was decades ago, and I'm happy to see it again with my rose colored glasses.

My wife started selling our wares in the bazaar, she made almost 3k plat on her first night. It was very excited times to see that much money! By the by, we did buy our mounts from the Marketplace and we're enjoying the benefits of hauling butt around the world and our mounts look amazing!

Thanks again for all the information in this thread, it's much appreciated! Keep'em coming if ya'll think of anything else :)
    Witless, Goranothos, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  17. Orablast Elder

I decided to actually look at the scroll list of expansions that we have when I'm on the Server Select screen, and the last expansion I see is Claws of Veeshan right now. I reviewed this expansion on Alla, but I can't seem to find the level cap.

My question is at what level should we consider buying the new expansion. Or can we buy it now and benefit from it under level 60? btw, we don't plan on creating personas right now, we're having so much fun with our mages!
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When they raise a level it will stay for a few expansions. This is a good list you can bring up and just look to the right and it shows the level or click the notes to see what came with it.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Expansions

COV (Claws of Veeshan) is number 27 and all accounts get up to that expansion free. Level for that expansion is 115 but it goes up to 120 with the TOL (Terror of Luclin)

One good thing is when you do buy the latest expansion you will get all of the ones you didn't have. IE if you buy Laurion's Song now that will give you all the ones between

I would not suggest you buy the newest one yet. When they released EOK (Empires of Kunark) they pretty much made the expansions and the activity in them for players who are at least level 100. They are much harder and not like the older expansions that has quests for all levels.
    Orablast likes this.
  19. Orablast Elder

I have another quick question about Fabled Mobs / Gear and if they do this every year in March, or is it something else?

I remember when Fable Names were introduced from back in the day. I hope to revisit them again! For the love of Innoruuk, I've missed this game! :)

Thank you very much, CatsPaws!
  20. Brickhaus Augur

Fabled mobs appear in the second part of the Anniversary release (called AV Legacy in /calendar). But Fabled mobs stopped in PoP ... no more were added since the PoP ones came out. But they will still appear starting April 12th it looks like this year and run for about a month.
    CatsPaws and Orablast like this.