12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Samtan Lorekeeper

Holy ghost of Moses Batman.

Welcome back!
  2. SpamFactory Augur

[IMG]
    Fenthen, Sinestra, Mellifleur and 3 others like this.
  3. Aradune Lorekeeper

That was a mess up on our part and I take the blame. The first quest involved talking to several sphinx and figuring out their riddles. This was begun, but then devs were distracted with other priorities. So you couldn't finish the quest (or even get far on it), but we announced it worked. When later we realized it didn't work, we ended up throwing the whole initial quest idea out and put a quest in that actually worked. This was, unfortunately, some time later.

This happening was not something we were proud of, so we never talked about it. :( Also my mistake.

-Brad
    Aronir, Sinestra, Mellifleur and 2 others like this.
  4. Aradune Lorekeeper

It's true -- I have to shower all of the time -- you should see the water bill! :)

-Brad
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Nocomplaints Elder

So what plans you have? come on spill the beans!
  6. Darrkin Skies Elder

Its About time you came back brad, The World is a mess without our Janitor!
    Now Go get the mop and Broom and a bucket of Soapy CLEAN water this time and get to cleaning!

In Other words Glad you are back and Good times ahead for ALL of everquest as long as you don't get MESSY again!

But still Wrong Class you are supposed to be a Bard.....
  7. Nocomplaints Elder

maybe an epic showdown between to factions and you have to assist one of them to decide good/evil your guild is going to fight for during expansion, and if wanted to change over at some point could do quests/tasks to fix faction and then help other side. raids would take alot of work because would have to have two instances for each where raid is assisting whatever side they are allied. Guilds/groupers for that matter would have to decide what side to start with or stay with throughout expansion based on a couple unique items or class specific on each side...
  8. Aradune Lorekeeper

Thanks for all of the kind words and making me feel welcome! The EQ team also made me feel right at home and I really like the direction the game has gone in terms of story. In fact, I'd better get back to reading more documents...
  9. Ronak Augur

Welcome back. We live in interesting times.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

What kind of things will you be working on?

Missions/raids? Items? Systems? Lore?

Epic 3.0's? :)
  11. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Welcome back Brad.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

OMG!
    Thankyou for posting this! Two questions answered at once.

Also, hi, welcome back, and enjoy the awesomeness that is a paladin. ;)
  13. Jyve Augur

If we're quickly turning into an AMA...
    What's the biggest changes you've seen in EQ now you're back (I'm guessing you've noticed the odd thing with it being away, but now you're back)
    a) what's the most awesome thing (I'm hoping it's the pace of play now, with things like OOC regen, oo, no more CR perhaps? no 'head in book to med' thing?)
    b) what's the 'uhhh, that's not what I'd have envisioned' thing? (but appreciate it might be odd to answer that one, so skip if you like).

Or is that the type of stuff that went into Vanguard, after learning from what EQ did that worked/didn't. With 12 years to catch up... ouch.
  14. Quillmayne New Member

My guild on the Test server, Just as McQuaid Intended, humbly invites you to commune with us and celebrate The Visiion
  15. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

So i get home from work to this. I dont think my brain is working properly. Pretty sure i just read that Aradune is back.
  16. Warpiggs Augur

Welcome back Brad! Good to have you here again. About time :)
    heket likes this.
  17. joshua white New Member

Welcome Back! I just started this game a few days. Tested it out a little and knew I had to go gold. I've been having loads of fun (can't believe what I've been missing all these years).
  18. Aradune Lorekeeper

Welcome to you too -- from one old guy to a new one :)
  19. Jazya Elder

20. Falos Augur

Saw this post and thought I was on the FoH guild message boards... talk about a blast from the past. Welcome back!