12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Questoften32 Augur

Eq1 is great, my favorite, I like eq2 but it makes me sad because the world moved on and all the race cities are enemy zones the Drakkin died out, its like seeing ghosts metaphorically speaking.

Its refreshing to come to eq1 where all that still exists as it should. I however loved the elegantly dressed dark elves in Nerik in eq2, the vampire race and such.

I don't like eq next graphics and its honestly a bit too confusing for me. I mean I understand what's been said but still a confusion, in a sense...or rather too different. It will attract a lot of gamers though. I don't like ps2 like stuff to be honest, and while I'm sure it will be a great and a success I only really care about eq1 and 2.

Eq1 more so because its more immersive and involved. It appeals to my love of fantasy on a level many would not be interested in these days. I like the little eccentric things you have to do, that makes the game fun. When you need a break form overly streamlined, oversimplified games with poor lore there is always eq1.

I'm saying nothing against eqnext btw and want soe to do great with it, but there is nothing wrong with preferring eq/eq2.
  2. Fooba Augur

[IMG]
  3. Edrick Augur

Ahh, the Fiery Avenger and Green Splint Mail. Classic. I always wondered from day one where the Green Splint Mail dropped. Turns out Aradune is still holding back on us, 14 years later!
  4. Fooba Augur

I believe he was wearing Green Steel. Also, that pic is from the SoF beta.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Aradune has now joined the dar- err, light side, and become a paladin, Edrick!
  6. Edrick Augur

Obviously he saw the error of his ways!

If memory serves, Aradune was originally a ranger, correct? No wonder he made the change!
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

All rangers become something else in time. I became a mage...Aragorn became a king. Rangers last at their profession about as long as they last against a grey con mob!
  8. Bloxstar New Member

WHOA Brad! Welcome back man! You are the Ancient Hero of EQ! Hey i posted a vote on bringing back Aura Graphics maybe you can help SIR! This is great your back! Love your work Mr McQuaid.
  9. Neric New Member

This is so hilarious, I had to dig out my old SoE-login to post it.
  10. Revulsion Elder

Welcome back Brad Good to see another familiar face coming back to the game that started it all. Glad to see you back working where you should be keep up the great work man can't wait to see what you have in store in the future.
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

HE'S MISSING BRACERS! SOMEONE GIVE HIM SOME FINE STEEL BRACERS! :eek:

He switched from being a stinky outdoorsman who shoots arrows to a holy knight? No longer shall they say Aradune is Stinky, except the walls of the Qeynos Aqueducts. And maybe those beggars. And Qubert. Qubert is a jerk. He even ate a little girl.

Edit: this thread just keeps going and refuses to die. lol
    Ishtass likes this.
  12. Risiko Augur

It just goes to show how strongly people feel about the topic
  13. Trebr New Member

14. Ishtass Augur

He's the MMO bike, everyone gets a crappy ride.
  15. Edrick Augur

It just felt right to have Mr. McQuaid working on Everquest. Good luck to whatever you do, and be sure to let us on eqlive know what you're going to do before anyone else!