12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Kyreth Elder

This is like some kind of surreal flashback to my childhood.. absolute craziness!! Welcome home, Brad!
    Mellifleur likes this.
  2. Neodraykl Elder

With Aardune returning on the eve of Shadows of Fear, i thought that this image was appropriate.

[IMG]
    Mellifleur likes this.
  3. Talif Augur

The original Freeport still exists. Someone posted within the last few months that they were still bound there and ended up there when they died, hence the reason they were never changing their bind point.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Wow! Has it really been 12 years??

Welcome back. I hope that past experiences in Norrath and from other worlds will pay off for the game.

I was thinking about this the other day. 14 Years ago when we first started playing EQ, we played on Pentium 2 and 3 processors - 350-500 megahertz lol. 1 gig of RAM was plenty with a Diamond Viper Vid card.

There was no Xbox.

Playstation was the new kid on the block.

Nintendo's N64 was still on the market. Gamecube launched in 2001.

Remember the Sega Dreamcast? lol
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Samtan Lorekeeper

Yeah, I think a lot of us are curious about why you are back Brad. Is it really as simple as "just being back"? Seems like something big is in the works here and a lot of inquiring minds want to know!
  6. Whim Augur

It almost makes me want to un retire myself and not just wait for EQN!
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think you should do that on a Whim!

/swishnothingbutnet!

:D
    Derelict likes this.
  8. A-Quad Augur

I, for one, welcome [back] our old Ranger overlord ; )
  9. enclee Augur

Welcome back, I encourage you to hop on an Enchanter to get some of that old EQ feel, that you can't find anywhere else (it's why I stick to EQ).
  10. Aronir New Member

After all these years, the mystery is solved. This must be what it felt like to find the Rosetta Stone. Now if someone would reveal the identity of the mob that is programmed with an anti-camp radius, all the arguments of yesteryear can finally be put to rest.

In more important news, we now have a dev who plays a paladin for the first time in...a decade? Slay Undead upgrades, here we come! Let the overpowering commence!
  11. Jyve Augur

Though now you bounce out quickly to the new Freeport, same as if you never changed your bind point from the tutorial. You zone in, are there for < a tick, get booted out.
    But the zone's still running.

To see it fully, there's always the Freeport Monster Mission that has you killing and looting.
  12. fantasyfreak New Member

Hey Brad, any comments about choosing to go to EQ1 again over VG? It seems fixing the broken game would be higher priority over a game that's been doing fairly decent over the years.
  13. McDougal Augur

SOH isn't broken. I play both but quit playing EQ in 2007. Really like the changes and play it a lot now . This thread reminds me of Qeynos 13 years ago though. Aradune used to cause quite a stir there.
  14. Uxtalzon Augur

Aradune, I encourage you to play each class to get a feel how the game is, blah blah you know the rest.

Here's hoping you came as a harbinger of good things and not bad.
  15. Avestan New Member

Welcome back. Just picked it up again a few weeks ago myself.

Hello from Outriders of Karana and Toril.
  16. Cakvala Augur

I have been playing this game for 12 years, welcome back Brad!
  17. Kirbol New Member

Wow. Excellent! Welcome home :)

Hello as well from Outriders of Karana.
    Mission #1) get Veeshan name added back to our server!

Best of luck! Friends are here supporting you.
  18. Siddar Augur

They always come back players and dev's alike.
    Niteangel likes this.
  19. fantasyfreak New Member

Umm it is entirely broken, no idea what you're talking about. Half the quests are still buggy or broken. The game hitches horribly on top end systems on top of having no direction whatsoever and there is still raid wiping lag after 7 years.

The game is absolutely broken and needs Brad a heck of alot more then EQ1 so I'm confused as to the reasoning of this course of action.
  20. Talif Augur

My guess? The current population on V:SoH is likely barely paying the salaries of the devs they do have and upkeep of the servers. While EQ1 isn't pulling in millions of players, it's making enough money to afford to pay more devs.