12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Slasher Augur

Hes a dev not a coder. VG is flawed at its core the coding needs huge work and nothing he can do about that anymore.
  2. Aldryn Another New Member

"Uhhh... bonjour!"

At any rate, I'mma anxiously await good things to come out of this!
  3. Rtugok Developer

We're all devs, actually. However, we are made up of three disciplines though: design, code, and art.
  4. Sinestra Augur

Four actually...you forgot Evil Overloards.
  5. Aradune Lorekeeper

Yes, I used to post on the boards quite a bit back in the day.

Right now I'm working on zone layout and background and making sure it works with the overall storyline.

-Brad
    Mellifleur likes this.
  6. Aradune Lorekeeper

No, it just means they have someone to blame for the spaghetti code :)
  7. Aradune Lorekeeper

I'm going to stick by these boards for the time being, but thanks for the invite.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  8. Aradune Lorekeeper

Game Design with a focus on new content.
  9. Aradune Lorekeeper

I have the original pencil and inked art for this by Jim Lee on my wall at home :)
  10. Aradune Lorekeeper

I remember our first development machines for EQ in 1996 -- they were 486s!
    Mellifleur likes this.
  11. Aradune Lorekeeper

I don't believe there ever was specific anti-camp code actually put in. Pretty sure it was just a rumor.
  12. Obiziana Augur

Wanna sell it?! Kidding of course, but that is awesome, brings back some great memories!
  13. Aradune Lorekeeper

Well I spent a solid year on VG, revamped a lot of zones to get ready for FTP, and made a lot of friends on that team. Vanguard will always hold a special place in my heart.

But I feel good about that year, a good sense of accomplishment. When I was invited to the EQ 1 team it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. It was a chance to work on another game that holds a special place. I feel honored to have had the opportunity to work on both really.

-Brad
    Mellifleur likes this.
  14. Aradune Lorekeeper

Yeah, I intend on playing as much as time permits. Different race/class combos would seem to make sense. I chose a Paladin initially in that I knew I probably wouldn't be able to group much (my play sessions were short) and I wanted to be able to heal myself.
  15. Gabejenkins Journeyman

This is literally the only news other than something having to do with a new PvP server that I would actually get somewhat excited about. I'm not sure why, it just seems exciting.

On that note, here's to hoping with you back on the team we one day see some new PvP options and/or at least some more aggressive alternate ruleset servers. I miss that so much from back in the day, and they could be doing so much more with the Prog servers than they are right now.

Not sure if you have anything to do with anything that isn't expansion-related content - but it would be cool to see. Either way, welcome back!
  16. Aradune Lorekeeper

That is sooo cool to hear! We had no idea the game would last even half this long. The EQ team through the years has done a great job keeping players around and interested in new content. And the loyal playerbase out there also played a very important role in all of this -- we owe you guys a lot for sticking with it!
  17. Nocomplaints Elder

You have a merc for that!
  18. Nocomplaints Elder

Eq>all. I played VG short time it was good just buggy.

I played league of legions.for my PvP fix but its not the same
  19. Aradune Lorekeeper

That's true -- I haven't messed with the merc system much, but need to.
  20. Trajet D'Or Augur

Go to Paineel, kill mobs from a distance and watch them respawn in one server tic. Stand near the spawn point and kill them and they don't respawn.

The zone has acted the same way since I first hunted there during Kunark and presumably since it was launched. This is what is referred to as anti-camp code with Drelzna not spawning if someone was too close to her spawn point, although I have no first hand knowledge of that camp and I don't believe the anti-camp code is still in place for Drelzna so can't be easily proven like Paineel.