Encounter locking - coming to live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

I would be happy if they made achievements account wide instead of a single toon. That way if I flag 1 toon for a zone all my alts could also zone into that zone. Yes I do know this would create problems for achievements that give rewards that you want on every toon but I would be willing to sacrifice having 1 of the rewards for each toon to having 1 reward for the account that can be traded to any of them.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There should be some rewards that are account wide (like location unlocks) and others that are character specific (like XP and physical items), that would be the best of both worlds.
  3. weewooweewoo Journeyman

Hello fellow EQ enjoyers, I'm sure many of you have heard about the new First To Engage mechanic that will be tested on the next TLP. If you feel this is not A good change to EQ after 24 years then I would suggest you head over to https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-producer’s-letter-april-2023.289799/ and voice your concern because it is very likely this mechanic will bleed over to all live servers like a cancer if you do not let your voice be heard.

You may not care about what happens on A TLP and that is fair but this is now A "First they came for the TLP players and I did not speak out because I was not a TLP player situation" The TLP community needs the help of the entire EQ family to preserve our game and not allow such A major change to what fundamentally makes EQ well EQ.

I could list numerous reasons why this change will not only Change EQ at it's core but could possible hurt the game's longevity, but I believe many players have already articulated these concerns better than I could in the Oakwynd Feedback Mega thread (Now 66 Pages at the time of this post) and also in Producer's Letter Feedback post (Now 27 pages at the time of this post). Please at least take a read of what most players are saying and If you agree with not changing a 24 year old game this drastically make A post or two.
  4. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Lets just wait and see how popular or unpopular this new TLP is before the hand of doom falls on the live servers.

Sometimes you get what you ask for. What's been one of the biggest complaints about EQ? PL BOT crews and lag. Well, the Devs are attempting to do something about the PL BOT crews. Many voices have spoken about this over the years, so we're getting what we asked for.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

A First to Engage mechanic would do mostly nothing on live servers, neither KSing or stealing mobs and such isn't really a thing, it would kill outside help for PLing though, but that is about it
  6. Captain Video Augur

Stop trolling. The FTE rule scheduled to be tested on the new TLP has nothing to do with Live servers and is not coming to Live servers. Period. Full stop.
    Angahran and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  7. weewooweewoo Journeyman

Jchan Literally said When interviewed on the Everquest show episode 17 at 9:50 that if what they do works out they would bring it to live servers

Where is your source that it wont go to live servers?
  8. Kragin011 New Member

Sorry about your krono
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. Warpeace Augur

Did they specifically say this would be coming to live?

At this point it does not bother me one bit if it did. But I also have free trade rules.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

See your OWN link. By your own admission it says it will come to live servers if it works on TLP. Therefore if its REALLY REALLY AWFUL BAD as you say then it wont come to live servers.
    QED
    Yinla and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there are two new mechanics being tested on that new TLP server. The first one is a legacy character system that gives a 10% experience bonus for each character at max level (up to 10). That is likely the new idea that they are considering bringing to live servers.

The FTE mechanic appears to be designed to solve issues that are present on TLP servers (especially during the early eras) that don't really exist on live servers.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am ALL FOR encounter locking. Bring it on.
  14. code-zero Augur

Training can get you a suspension or a ban on any server.
    Svann2 likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And in fact the people who train others for doing things like using software to automate play tend to get hit with those as those groups tend to report the trains and include evidence.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Toxic players, toxic environments, toxic servers. You all reap what you have sowed.

A thought- maybe if players on a TLP respected others, respected camps, and generally behaved like decent human beings then devs would not have to resort to doing something like this. I /applaud the idea and await to see implementation of said idea. If it comes to Live then we will all go about our business as normal.
    Vumad, Kaenneth and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  17. Razorfall Augur

This behavior is on live too, but it's usually restricted to PLing hotspots, aug camps or easy evolving XP. But that's mostly because of people botting. If they were more aggressive with removing the bots it wouldn't as bad.

I'd be ok with it coming to live, although it should be tested. I would also set it up so one person can't just wait for you to spawn a namer,tag it, and let you kill it for that person. Or any other flaws that can be exploited.
  18. code-zero Augur

I sometimes wonder if people who post stuff like that actually play the game at all or are they randomly training casual groups that they think are "b0ts"?
    Silvena likes this.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

I think it could be interesting on live servers and could create some major problems. I mean it sounds good I guess but if it really resets the mobs when all aggro is lost how does this affect people who fade to split mobs? Does the mob instantly go back to spawn point when you fade or will it sit there for a while? What if I was the first to aggro a named and fade to split off adds and someone else runs in and tags the named after I split them? Do they get the lock on the named stealing it from me?
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

IIUC that cant happen because once they tag it you cant damage it.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.