Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

That's not how it works...cool story to drive the narrative though.
    Wdor, Cadira and Svann2 like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

From Fanra's

Legality

See also Game rules.
    Are third party programs allowed by Daybreak? The answer is yes, as long as they don't cheat. Here are some quotes from Daybreak explaining:
    I'm not gonna create a list of approved programs, however I will say that common sense is more than enough to tell if you are cheating.
    Parsing - Not cheating
    Item Collectors - Not cheating
    Program that has autofire button (and you are still in the general vicinity of the keyboard) - Not cheating
    Swimming on auto-run into a corner to raise up swimming - Not cheating
    Cheating - not allowed.
    If it's reasonable and not unfair it's not cheating. If it gives you an unfair advantage and allows you to do things that can't be normally done in game it's cheating.
    We don't tend to endorse specific software (who knows what might be added in the next release). Window management software and key replication (although not automation) are both allowed however.
    [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is premium multiboxing software.
    It [I.S. Boxer] is not in and of itself against our rules. It can be used, especially in conjunction with other programs, to violate rules. And for Everchanter's benefit I will include an obligatory "shhhhhhh!"
    You should be able to use I S Boxer now on Rizlona. Let us know if there are still issues.
  3. Janakin Augur

I am not trying to drive any narrative. I think unattended game play is cheating and should be removed from the game. I am just speaking from my own personal experience and not trying to push any agenda.
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. eqgamer Augur

Why even make a comment like this? He clearly said it's from his experience and none of his other comments remotely even imply that he's on a narrative driving mission. These boards just continue to be filled w/ crappy comments like that.
  5. Warpeace Augur

I guess being clueless and posing misleading comments is ok? Their comment was complete BS and would not take much effort at all to verify they were completely wrong to begin with.

Tomorrow maybe they will start suspending for using Discord...right?
  6. withStupid New Member

Even if you read that post and said, oh.. ok, the line is drawn there, i understand and comply... they are going back many months or years in their server logs and suspending people long before this post, even when they are not running any cheat programs. This retro-active punishment after they publish their position on it is causing frustration.

Keep in mind, some people, "cheating" is simply using one computer to play (and pay for) multiple toons, instead of buying 5 computers and playing side by side on them. It's just making the game more fun. Not everying is AFK farming while on vacation in italy, f- those people.

And they are not improving this game. They are not addressing the issues that turn people to these programs. Their macro language in game is way too limited. The merc system was fun, but playing real characters, and paying for gold accounts to do it, is also more fun. These "cheat" tools filled a gap, and unfortunately, some bad eggs deserve to be suspended or banned, but there is no improvements coming up to make the game fun otherwise.

So people like me took 3 of my 5 accounts to silver (free tier) and I am tired of this heavy handed crap from daybreak. Either make the game better, or let people make it better for you.
  7. Maedhros High King

If you know a dozen people who can automate 54* toons to run a full raid by themselves, and haven't arrived at the logical decision that that is NOT good for the game regardless of how much "money" it brings in to the game, then you are part of the problem.
    Everyone holding up the same tired, pathetic argument that boxers "keep the lights on" is full of .
    Tons of people have quit in disgust because of the bot groups that were running rampant in the game and now may feel that it could be a good time to return to EQ to actually "keep the lights on".
    Wdor, Schadenfreude and Raccoo like this.
  8. Cadira Augur

Nah, this has been thrown out for years, wave after wave of suspensions and we're still here.

Think of all the people who will come back when they hear the cheaters are finally being taken care of?

Also, it seems like 90% of the people pretending to cancel their accounts are full of it, and 50% of them that are real end up coming back within a year.

The cheaters are not keeping the lights on, that's just what they say to help them sleep at night and justify their inability to play an easy 23 year old game without cheats.
  9. mark Augur

theres a diference between boxing and botting, i box using iso i have never been banned for boxing because i am friendly with everyone plus most times during usa time i am grouped with friends,also most people in all the guilds i have played on tlps over the years more then half box 1 to 3 and a few 6 on now boxing servers,rizlona was great because most of the krono lords where on the non boxing server and very little drama on that server i also always buy about 5 kronos and bags from daybreak every year and 3 to12 annual subs so they know iam not a krono lords,i love eq i play it for fun my way.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

This game needs a dps checker.

I think there is 3rd party options but I'm pretty scared of being banned for life.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you have been paying attention to the threads over the past month or so, you would realize that even people coming back would probably not stay for long. We still have issues with the group game, hence people boxing. Those problems are: 1) can't find a group and/or 2) can't find competent people to group with. So, until either of those can be fixed, people will box.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Cadira Augur

Cool, so box legally with i.s.b. and not cheats.
    Wdor, Proximoe, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't know a lot about either path, but from what I understand, some ISBers have been hit as well.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

It's funny how you write "I.S.B." as an abbreviation because you can't say InnerSpaceBoxer without the forums editing it, yet it is allowed, as so approved in the posts linked above, which is why people get confused and frustrated by suspensions.

Edit: did they change it so you can say it? I thought it used to block Inner Space Boxer ?
  15. Zilkress Journeyman

One of the big problems is the vagueness of the accusation.. all people are receiving is an email that states "Cheating" going into no further detail. If they don't give a list of approved things nor give specific examples of why one is flagged this creates a nebulous area that can have people banned with potentially no proof at worst or at best no instruction on what they need to fix.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
    [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
    [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]!
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I S Boxer. Minus spaces, more common usage, still unworthy.
    Vumad likes this.
  18. pickmepickme New Member

Add 6 more paid subscriptions, this will start to add up.
  19. Janakin Augur

I am clueless that is for sure. I have looked on I.S.B. forums and do not see a pattern of people getting suspended for using it. I was not trying to be misleading. If they said I.S.B. is okay then so be it that was not the reason.

I think, but definitely not certain, that it was someone who petitioned me for using it. I play War, Cle, Enc, Mag, Wiz and Dru and having them all cast at once with I.S.B. must have looked like another 3rd party program. Since I was, at the time, in a raiding guild who recently had splintered into 2 over the use of alts in raids I suspect that was the case. Also, another person posted that they also only used I.S.B. got a 7 day suspension as well. Whether that is true or not who knows.

I am wracking my brains though over why I have been targeted if it was not for the above reason.

You said my comment "From my experience, if someone petitions you and you are using I.S.B. they will assume it is something else and suspend first and not even ask questions later." was BS and is easy to verify? Well Warpeace, that is "from my experience" and how I still feel. I might be a 100% wrong on my assumption though.

Also how can one multi-box with Discord and look like they are playing with Em Que Too? Your example is very misleading.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not absor, but I made this a while ago and should still be accurate.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.