Did you guys forget to turn off the no-is boxer code for Rizlona?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, May 27, 2020.

1. Grottle New Member

So, any word one way or the other, if this is "working as intended" or "we are aware of the issue and working on a fix" would be really really nice at this point.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I bet the inner space devs could change their side to make it resistant to whatever DPG is doing to kill it.
  3. Thewiz Augur

The probably could. They also said they would not because that would violate their agreement with DPG to allow the software to be used.
  4. niente Developer

Looking into this.
  5. Balderdash Lorekeeper

I thoroughly enjoy it. But in this early content mobs are usually dead before I’ve alt tabbed to the 5th and 6th characters so will need to switch it up so all of them develop skills.
  6. Grottle New Member

Thank you!
  7. Enshadowed New Member

Agree. Thank you!
  8. Thewiz Augur

Thank you.
  9. ChukBEEF New Member

Thank you!
  10. Draconum Elder

Guess I don't understand what there is to look into - Isn't [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] software that automates aspects of game play? Thought the line directly under the main No Truebox Enforcement of the server announcement said absolutely no automation / unattended gameplay of any kind?
  11. Laronk Augur

its not automation, its key broadcasting and window management
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. Dyzalot Augur

I never have boxed and no nothing about the software used by many to facilitate such things. However, those people claiming "the EULA says no outside software that alters gameplay..." or whatever need to stop using programs like GINA if they really believe what they are saying.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Reading comprehension must not be a skill they teach in school anymore.
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

The whole reason people use IS B is because of the window management. It doesn't automate anything for you. There's another program for that. The biggest reason IS B is used is that it helps you stack your windows and does this for you so you can set them up in a way you can see all of them without having to alt tab. It also creates client inis for each character so you can have individual settings by character without having to setup a new game directory for each client. That's QOL if anything, and should be in the game to begin with. No unfair advantage gained.
  15. Draconum Elder

For the 'Key Broadcasting', you'll be hitting a key for each individual spell or rotation for each client then? Not 'Hit Z and all 6 accounts do X action simultaneously?' Never used the program, just sounds awfully close to automation.
  16. Dyzalot Augur

Probably true. But since I graduated high school in 1988, that wouldn't affect me.
  17. TheChosenOne Augur

They are, but they would never publicly admit that (nor should they). They do want all of those subscriptions tho, and if some of the common tools people use to box a large number of accounts are being blocked on Rizlona, then its a Dead On Arrival server that is going nowhere
  18. Capacittor New Member

If a person is hitting a key, that is not automation. Automation would be if I can take a nap and my group will still grind away as if I was there. ISB simply allows you to broadcast keystrokes to more than a single client simultaneously. It may not be something you like, but ISB is in no way automation.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I believe just reading a little about IS boxer shows you can broadcast a single key into all your extra windows to do whatever on a single press.

Are we surprised boxers are complaining they can't do this on Riz? Then again these people are the low hanging fruit when the folks who use full automation are using something far better anyhow.
  20. Truetotheblue Augur

Of course they're going to be upset, and I don't blame them. I'm not playing on Riz so I don't have a horse in this race. But by pressing a key and having it broadcast is not automation, that still requires input. It also requires that key actually meaning something on each window. Which also requires input. You can't just hit a key to do X on toon 1 and everyone else automatically does that. That same key and action has to be defined for each character. It's not as far ranging as people think. It doesn't sound like you, or Draco, have much personal experience with the program and that's OK. But this program is more about window management and settings management. While the broadcasting feature is helpful it requires setup, and personal input, and does not do any of this for you which is what automation would suggest. In the EULA for this server automation is banned, this kind of program does not fall under automation.
    TheChosenOne likes this.