Did you guys forget to turn off the no-is boxer code for Rizlona?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, May 27, 2020.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Member when i said i was gonna laugh at ya'll people for saying you loved "alt+tab" boxing even though you guys really wanted Voldemort boxing.

Well DPG gave ya'll exactly what you were asking for but not what you wanted.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHA
  2. Napharious New Member

You are not wrong. However, you can use said software on all live servers. Also on Vox I believe.

I would think a very large percentage of people who signed up to box on Riz use said software if for no other purpose the display controls available there. Broadcasting as automation is a whole different argument. If that WAS the reason it would server WeBreakGames well to clarify that stance.
  3. Namesarehard New Member

Dear dbg please fix this there is no boxing without help, the server is rendered pointless. I’m feeling pretty scammed here.
  4. Thewiz Augur

We all are. We can only hope they do the right thing and at least TELL us what they are or are not going to do.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Maybe you should complain to the sketchy company you bought the software from and not DBG?
    Chatoyan and Balderdash like this.
  6. Machen New Member

This is not what they mean when they refer to automating game play. Check the transcript of Holly's conversation with the TLP gm's, it's pretty clear automation = afk in their minds.
  7. Machen New Member

I never said I loved alt-tab boxing. From the very first post in the thread I asked for all the tools that live has, including is boxer.
  8. Thewiz Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] software is allowed by DPG to work on other servers like live and older TLPs like Ragefire. To have it blocked on RIZLONA the BOXING server is hopefully a mistake and will be corrected. What we need right now is word from DPG about this issue and what they plan to do about it.
  9. Enshadowed New Member

I am glad I did not subscribe my other accounts in advance of the server release. This really kills the excitement of a boxer friendly server. There is no incentive to play here when boxing more than two or three characters is going to be inefficient. You’re better off just boxing two (or more based on other posts) on Aradune in the same style everyone has become accustomed to over the last several years.
  10. mark Augur

iso box his not sketchy in fact when your sub expires they dont automaticly renew it you actually have to sub again.
  11. That0neguy Augur

You missed the point completely. I am glad you understand how the software you run works. This is why there used to be a barrier of entry to this type of stuff.
  12. Thewiz Augur

The point I missed apparently was the one where DPG decided not to allow [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] on Rizlona the BOXING server without explicitly telling us.
  13. Overcast451 Augur

Well, the terms of service says:

"You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak."

One could say it modifies game play. Guess that could be subjective - but DPG really should clarify it. If they don't want third party utils to be used - they should just say it.

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]'s FAQ says:

Which isn't really applicable to the DPG Terms of service there. The Terms of service don't explicitly say "No third party software" - but they do say "modifies the game play". [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]'s point about third party software like DirectX and Windows don't actually modify game play in anyway.

Boxing software does. At least - DPG could define it that way.
    Either way - I won't use any boxing software. The rest is between the players who want to and DPG. I only ever two box with two PCs. I'm good that way. I think that's the intent for the servers I like to play on (Mangler and Aradune). But I don't make the rules. If I did, I would be 100% clear on if that type of software was permitted or not.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Do you have proof that it is DBG and the EQ Client causing the crash and not your 3rd party software....
  15. Thewiz Augur

Yes, per [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] discord the issue is on DPG's end.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

What was the software back in the day that let you run EQ full screen windowed mode? I wish they could add that into the actual game.
  17. Balderdash Lorekeeper

I logged in at 1:00am Pacific time after I finished work.
    Was able to get right in, create 6 characters and play for about 3 hours with no issues. There were over 150 in Greater Faydark at 1:00 am PDT so I would say it’s popular enough. I don’t use any 3rd party software so no issues at all for me. From my perspective it was a very smooth launch. Glad I didn’t take the day off work 8)
  18. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

Nice bait-and-switch DBG, I just cancelled all my accounts...
    Thewiz likes this.
  19. Hinastorm86 Augur

Was trying to understand why Aradune is so much more popular than Riz, it's starting to become obvious it's because most of the playerbase has no clue about how any of it works, or what is legal to use, lol.
  20. Hinastorm86 Augur

You 6 box with no software? That sounds awful.
    TheChosenOne and Lexyx like this.