Luck

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Riou EQResource

I believe you can't use an item with augs in it as a luck boosting "source", only the base version that is being increased can have the augs in it, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you put the right item in the right box :p
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Somewhat off topic but when can we expect a post on EQ Resource with info about TBL with bullet points for the pertinent info?

AAs
    Gear Tiers Group/Raid
    Zones
    Chase Loot
    New Features
    Other Relevant Info.

I know Daybreak should do it but I won't go into that. You guys and Fanra are the 2 main sources of info for EQ these days and I thank you and appreciate all that you do.
  3. Tappin Augur

This could potentially stick it to raid alliances. Spontaneous loot arguments happen at least once a week. This may cause a complete meltdown.
  4. Brohg Augur

:)

:oops:
  5. Symbius Augur

Probably none with a DKP system. Long gone are the days where the Tanks first mentality even matters. I'd argue that gearing DPS first wins raids easier anyway.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Mediik Augur

On face value... this sounds like more RNG borringness that already plagues the game.

As a healer, how does this Luck actually benefit my heals? And if you say sometimes Luck may help you land "better" heals, I would say .. so it's more of the same? Because heals are random already.. so with Luck.. heals are randomly a little higher?

If so, Not impressed.
  7. Riou EQResource

Yea, unless they make Luck significantly stronger then what is on Beta, then it will just be a stat you just have on gear.

If you have rotting or extra gear (via say extra raid currency) then maybe you blast some on more points, since like any RPG bigger numbers = better in general :p

It's definitely not gonna be something you would ever consider "feeding" into few people instead of whole guild gearing (unless it gets like significantly stronger as a stat)
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I am concerned (or just unsure) about how Luck is going to play out in regards to current gear. As it has been for many expansions, last year's raid gear is better than this year's group gear. But with Luck being a new stat that is not available on old gear, will Luck make it so that TBL group gear is better than my RoS raid gear?

This sort of reminds of the super-high AC of TBM group gear, which put many group players above many raiders in pure AC. The difference was that the other stats on the gear were lower, balancing out the overall effect...to some degree. But with Luck being brand new and untested/unbalanced, I wonder if it will be worth trading your RoS raid gear for TBL group gear, just to get that Luck benefit. Especially in the first half of the year when raid gear will be in short supply?
  9. Riou EQResource

In its current power with the Heroics and such that you lose in the group gear over previous raid, not to mention other stats

Probably not

It's still in Beta so it could change in either direction, currently it is low capped and firing more often then it will on live (for testing purposes) iirc, but power wise it's basically nothing so far
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Your guild/s need to grow up, then.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Luck, at most, is going to increase your results by maybe 1% at best. So instead of doing 300k on a raid parse, you now do 303k.

Oooooh.

Like with nearly anything in the game, it is small incremental increases that over time accumulate into something greater. But I would not expect luck stat to turn a magician doing 170k on a raid event into a 290k parser...
    Venau likes this.
  12. Tappin Augur

Why put development time into a stat that makes the game more boring, when they could have put the time into another zone or updated heroic characters.
    Andarriel and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Ruven_BB Augur

Why update heroic characters? Just make an overpowered potion that only works on characters under 105.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Andarriel like this.
  14. Jalelorf Augur

Gear. Heroic characters come with level appropriate gear. Clicking a potion would level them up but they would still have level 85 gear. They could sell a package which levels a toon up to 100 or 105 which also comes with level appropriate gear. That would be a mess with all the different classes and gear for that class.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

An opened chest is a corpse.
    the current issue, that is being fixed is, is that the item link is showing a random number. Once an item is created that luck is permanent (baring fusing to raise it, but this creates a new permanent)
    That said, there is no item with luck that is tradable, so this will not be a bazar issue.
    yes. The issue is that luck is set when the item is created. a Tradeskill item is created at combine time.

there is a window for this. The item in the first slot is kept, the second is destroyed. So, as long as you keep the item with augs in the first slot, you will not have to remove augs. It's only an issue if you, for some reason, put augs in the item you intend to destroy. In that case, yes, you have the extra step of removing those augs (it will not let you fuse the second item if it has augs)
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

*pats the friendly dramallama*

Guilds will make rules like “mains before luck before alts”, so that alts will suffer, not mains.

*waves goodbye to dramallama*
  17. Anastasis Elder

So from these two statements, does it mean a Tradeskill item with luck stat is not tradeable?
    Venau likes this.
  18. fortuneteller Augur

Now correct me if I am wrong. This mean, that if someone asks me to create an item, and I am lucky and get luck stats on it, then I cannot give the item to the person ?

If I am right, will there come a way to prevent from getting luck on the item, or a way to remove the luck from the item ?

Or maybe make the item without luck in at beginning, and then combine the item in the appropriate TS container, which would then put luck in, and if you unlucky, you do not get luck. Add infused to the name when it has been combined, to prevent people make making more combines to try to get luck, if you unlucky.
  19. kizant Augur

After thinking about it some I kind of prefer if luck is more of a gimmick than anything. Make it like what a critical hit is supposed to be. They should happen very rarely but have a big impact. Like if 0.5% of your crits were lucky crits and they did an extra 1500% crit damage or something. It wouldn't have much an impact on overall DPS but it would at least be neat to see them happen.
    Venau, Funk and bbanz like this.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If we're going be be paying $2 per 1 luck on a piece of gear, it better be more impact than this or it's a waste of deveolpment time for a cash grab and a complete waste of time for players.
    Slippry likes this.