End True Box on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Msfit, May 12, 2018.

1. Wiff Elder

You're projecting again.
  2. Machentoo Augur

But no other options that have AoC's.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

@Pavlov : oh man, you were so inspired :D

Thread about boxing on TLP forums <=> World War III
  4. Ajjantis Elder

Then ask for AoCs on the non true-box server. As the red name said, Phingel stays true box. Thank god!
  5. Machentoo Augur

We have been, and we've been asking for a new server with no truebox but with AoC's. And we've been asking for Phinny to switch, since we believe the majority of Phinny players would prefer this ruleset. Any of the above would satisfy.
  6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

True box is running it's course, not really needed any longer in TSS, should be gone by the time we get mercs.
  7. Zinth Augur

I only play 1 char now, why? Well I got sick of the mess on my desk with multiple computers, on live I have boxed anything from 3-7, on Lockjaw I boxed 4 (Pally, druid, mage, chanter, so hardly a mage army) it made me able to play when noone else was around, I always drop boxes for guildies if they can fill the slot they are replacing OR if we can make do with the change, so a warrior won't get to exchange the healer, but he could replace the chanter or mage (pally was my main)

On Phinny I 3 boxed, now? Only one as I wrote, for the above reason, but that also means that as soon as "grouping" dies out, usually 1-2 weeks into expansion, then all I do is log in for raids, and log out... I already took a several week long break and almost didn't return, because I don't have fun outside of raids with just one char, I play SO MUCH more compared to most of my guildies and if I want to do the quests, achievements, tradeskills etc. then I need some "bodies" aka more toons to do so in most cases, removing true-boxing would mean that I again would box 3, most likely 4 chars, and enjoy the game more + pay more to DBG and I know several others that feel the same way and I find it ridiculous to have to spend so much power on several systems (power is stupid expensive in Denmark) + the price of all the hardware instead of just running 1 smooth system that can easilly run all the boxes.

I used IS boxing for screensplit but had no automated keypressing or strikethroughs, I had hotbuttons on all the chars except my main (tank) and the healer (druid on LJ and now cleric on Phinny) which was manually controlled instead of just an assist nuke X times hotbutton.

I don't see why this should be an issue to other folks because 1. I group with my guildies when possible 2. I would most likely accept strangers into my group if they asked and they could fill the spot they want to replace... heck on LJ I often sat in Lguk and had a couple of rogues join me, for some reason noone else wanted low level rogues, they all wanted monks, but they joined me and we had a blast...

I understand those that want to block those automated macro questing users that warp around and kill everything by cheating and hacking and are often rude as well and doesn't give a good community feeling, but guess what they showed up on Phinny too and they "left" too when the kronowars were over... There is a few 11-12 boxers around and none of em have ever bothered me since there are picks, instances and plenty of places to go to
    discordkitty likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If the server is going to die because of the central principle upon which the server was designed then it should die, not be changed.
    Removing True box from Phinny would be like unlocking GoD and later expansions on Agnarr, it removes the whole point of the server.
  9. Wiff Elder

Give it some time and someone from Agnarr will be demanding GoD unlock.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Ya I rolled on Phinigel because AoCs let me pick a guild with a scheduled raid time and show up and do things like raid Luclin or PoP or GoD in era at a reasonable hour without having to deal with trains, KSing, etc. I didn't really pay attention to the truebox requirement at all.

The truebox thing really stops being a factor once most content gets pushed into instances. Makes sense when most of the best gear drops in group zones and the majority of the content is open world quests and leveling. However come TBS for example... It really won't matter.

I'd probably roll a 3rd box if they removed truebox. If they don't I'll probably just keep boxing 2.
  11. Numiko Augur

I honestly do not think True Box was the central principal of this sever, at least as far as general gameplay is concerned. True box was never meant to stop people from boxing 2-6 accounts at the same time, it was an add on "fix" meant to stop people running around with 54 mages taking out all the open world raid targets.

Now that we are at the point in the game where there are no more important open world raid targets True Box code is moot. It has no impact on this server at all and just forces people who enjoy boxing consume more electricity.
  12. Risiko Augur

No. It does not.

Out of all of the Everquest servers available today, only TWO of those servers have Truebox as part of its rule set.

Every single person that started a character on Phinigel knew well in advance that it was a Truebox server. They made a choice to join that server. If they want to play on a server where they can box characters on one computer, they should play on a server with out the Truebox code.

Nobody is being FORCED to play on Phinigel.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Not really the same result at all. I ran into 12+ boxers almost every day on Ragefire. I have seen just one in several years playing on Phinigel. If nothing else, the difficulty level of outsmarting the truebox code prevents most people from bothering. And there's a whole lot you can't do with 18 controllers.
  14. Machentoo Augur

No, and many of us have said repeatedly that if they gave us a server with aoc's and no trueboxing, we'd happily play there.

As it is, if you want AoC's, you ARE forced to play on Phinigel, or Coirnav, or Agnarr.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You can play on Test.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Sure, if you want to lose your instances every other time to the server being rebooted. Not to mention the constant possiblity of a character wipe.

Edit -- and all the other problems and lack of community that come from it not actually being a progression server.
  17. fortuneteller Augur

So, just because you dont like the rules of this server, it should change, how about all of us that choose this server, because we like the rules here, should drop it?

You got a lot of other servers, if you dont like the rules, then nobody prevents you from stopping.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Scroll up and see the part where i said it shouldn't change unless the overrwhelming majority are in favor.

But yes, if 90% of the players want Truebox gone, it should go, regardless of the 10%.
  19. Numiko Augur

What is the reason true box is needed on phinny now?

I do not see how it serves any purpose to better game play for anyone, single player or boxer.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Mob rule is never the answer.