End True Box on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Msfit, May 12, 2018.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Basically this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Can people vote on each of their accounts? If so... well, you get the picture.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yes. But I don't get the picture and neither do you.

It wouldn't be clear until the results of the poll are in. If 50% of the accounts vote for and 50% against I can see not changing it.

However if 80% vote for removal and only 20% vote against, I think that's a pretty compelling argument they should change it.

We have a poll system in game and it rarely gets utilized. This seems like a perfect place to use it.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Perhaps you don't. If a 12-boxer votes 12 times to do away with TrueBox and a one-account player votes once to keep it, the result is going to be pretty obvious. You may say that the 12-boxer has a right to vote 12 times but it doesn't answer the question of how many players want TrueBox vs. those who don't.
    Risiko and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Of course, why couldn't they? There is no way for DBG to do it any other way.
  6. Machentoo Augur

That particular question isn't really all that important to answer.
  7. Gremin Augur

ded horse....
  8. Protagonist Tank

Dev: Question answered with clarity and finality.

Players: 8 more pages of rambling "what ifs"
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Again, how many times have the devs answered with finality and then reversed course 6 months later?

How about "Casuals shouldn't get to raid Nagafen"?
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

DBG can actually make it so that you cannot vote on multiple accounts; they did something along those lines way back when they originally introduced Heroic characters and allowed people with multiple subscribed accounts to get a freebie HC during the release event period, but those without subscriptions could only get a single freebie regardless of how many free accounts they had. So yes, they can make it where it would be one per player.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Almost never. Now 2-6 years later, yeah they change their minds because the game and community opinion changes. That said, they are not going to change their mind about Phinny or any of the other current Truebox servers; because for every single one of those who play on these servers and wish it to allow multiple boxes on a single computer there are just as many or more who specifically play on those servers because you cannot have multiple boxes on a single computer. All of your energies would be considerably better severed to spend your time asking for a NEW server (be it standard or TLP) which just has AoC but not Truebox. Then you could go there to that server.
  12. Machentoo Augur

I seem to recall quite a bit of energy spent asking for just that, and they gave us Coirnav.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I don't recall it at all. I don't remember seeing any threads about it. There were threads like this one with people who don't like Truebox complaining about it, but none specifically asking for a TLP server with AoC but without Truebox. They are decidedly different threads. I have seen it mentioned in threads about other topics, but not ones which that was the original topic. Mentioning it in threads on other topics is simply a waste of time and energy.
  14. Rhodz Augur

15. Ajjantis Elder

Can we close this nonsense thread?? Stop beating the dead horse.
    Risiko likes this.
  16. rovey New Member

Makes sense to remove the truebox code now, but keep the no M*q2 code in so people who wants to box on 1 pc, have to still do it properly etc.

By this time in EQ pretty much everyone could box, and most people in my guild did etc.

Would be stupid if we get to the stage we can have a mercenary healer, but cant box one on the same PC.

this would also yield more money for Daybreak!

I would say 80% of my guild box, and most of them would add more if they could do more then one on one PC. The extra profit would easily out weight the people who say "if its removed ill quit /cry"

Also you can transfer characters account to account, so most people making new accounts would buy XP potions to help catch them up quicker! double profit for DBG!

At the minimum give us an in game poll, 1 vote per account, must be subbed and level 65+ to count or something, maybe even 70+. Its not that lowbies opinions don't count, but the vote could easily be swayed by someone subbing lots of fresh accounts making a level one and voting.

there is a lot more for it, then against it in this thread, go for it DBG and reap the rewards!
  17. Zanarnar Augur

There is no in game code to stop that (there is to detect the use of its cheats like warping but their enforcement of that is ... haphazard at best anymore)... the devs of that ... program ... were the ones that coded it to not work with Phinny.. a change they have since REVERTED. So remove truebox and prepare for box armies again.

There is no reason to remove one of the main features of the server just because some people who signed up, fully knowing how the server was setup mind you, don't like it. :rolleyes:
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

No, I'm saying a poll won't be practical. I don't care whether they get rid of TrueBox or not.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Why would that hurt my ego? I box 5 accounts on TLPs.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Where did you see that? eqmule (and/or another dev?) has posted here that the code is in and would be very hard to circumvent. That was a couple of month ago.