End True Box on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Msfit, May 12, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

When it comes to entertainment, I strongly disagree.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People trying to claim that Truebox was not a central pillar of Phinny need to go back and re-read all of the talk about it. The primary talking point about the server was the Truebox feature. The rest of the features of it were just themeing. If it was not for Truebox, they would not have offered a TLP server at that time because they had just released a pair just shortly before then. Honestly, there likely would not have been any server at all released then; or if they did it would have been a new iteration of Quarm.
  3. Umul Augur

If you had to choose between having AoC’s or truebox what would you choose?
    There was a 30 page thread months before Ragefire launched asking for instancing because we knew what was coming.

@ Everyone :If you had to choose between a server with truebox or aoc’s, you can’t have both, which server is for you?

We don’t see threads about removing aoc’s.. AoCs are the straws that stir the drink homie
  4. Zinth Augur

1. server WITH AOC and without Truebox...

I moved from Lockjaw to Phinny because of the instance... We can raid on our OWN schedule, no stupid , sharing OW raid targets was horrible on RF/LJ and made the servers very unenjoyable... I 4boxed there...

I 1 boxed on Phinny until I got 2 more crap computers to box more... I would much rather just box on the same pc... less power consumed (very expensive here) less computer crapola on the desk... all on one screen for easy alt tab between computers.
  5. wildone123 New Member

lockjaw has a server isent dying in fact its slowly growing in population lots if non boxers and boxers most people get along and every raid leading to anguish his instanced,signets are prety easy to come buy no major drama on doing epics,and people are friendly.OO i forgot you can multibox on the one pc if you want its not a truebox server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Starr Elder

I 5 boxed on Ragefire on 1 pc, but moved to Phinny when it opened because of AoC. I wanted to be able to raid on a schedule and not when stuff was up and race for it.

I had 2 old pc so I could use 3 accounts if I wanted. I've upped that to 5 pc now. Wouldn't mind if they got rid of truebox and I could go back to using 1 pc with 3 monitors.
  7. rovey New Member

I 6 box, its horrible using 6 PC's because the mrs moans about the cost and the room gets red hot!

I would still use 2 pc's though if truebox was removed, maybe even 3 as its quicker then alt tabbing imo!
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Test server has never had a character wipe (well maybe during the alpha/beta phase of EQ) so I don't think it is a concern at all. Now that you have people spending station cash on test server the chances of one happening are pretty much none.
  9. Numiko Augur

They did wipe test once, in 2000. but when the people playing there complained and threatened to never come back to test they reneged and restored all the lost characters and promised to never do it again.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Everything has tradeoffs. You want AoC's? You live with Truebox. Why is this thread still going on? You (not you specifically) asked; and got a DEV response saying that no, its not going away.

I mean look; if you want to box an army and have zones to yourself.. just go to Brekt. I rolled a new char there for lulz and to be honest I think I've seen 3 other players TOTAL over the week I've been there. Its a ghost town, with tradable loot, and basically no competition. Box it up, I'm sure the server would love a population boost.
  11. smash Augur

Would say it is time the devs close this subject. They already stated that the server will not change.

Also, they cannot change it, since it was how the server started And this was why people selected to be playing there. So to change it would be cheating those people, and would require some sort of compensation for the change
  12. Machentoo Augur

How many times have the devs said they will not do something and then done it?

No need to eliminate discussion. Lots of other things that are even less likely to happen are allowed to be discussed ad naseum (krono free servers anyone?)
  13. Msfit New Member

How would it hurt anyone one to remove truebox at this point though? The purpose of having it really only helped gameplay in the early expansions. Besides, people still get run over by multi-boxers obviously running 3rd party programs "dps-racing" for contested content, yet DB does nothing when they are reported.
  14. Ajjantis Elder

It would hurt me cause i started here because its a true box server. I'll quit if they remove that tag.
  15. Machentoo Augur

If you quit, it wouldn't hurt you.
  16. Ajjantis Elder

Quitting does not hurt me, box armies do. Thats why it would force me to quit, i dont enjoy this game with box armies.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Removing true box is really game changing. It was a deciding factor for people signing up. It would a fundamental change like removing Pop lock from agnarr.

If they want non true box, there are options after all.

What they really need to consider is character transfer options.
  18. rovey New Member

remove the code, this guys will quit but so many more will start boxes etc! you will make more money!

with mercs out soon it will be pointless to keep it anyway!

I would still use 2-3 pc's for my group as its easier / better, but save me running 6 pc's all the time.

19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They should run a poll on Phinigel asking:

Should Truebox be removed at any point before reaching current live expansions:

Yes
    No

If the majority want yes they could figure out a good time to do it.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

That assumes that the person who would start playing mage armies doesn't currently have subscriptions for those extra characters. Unlikely, IMO.