Tradeskill information, post 300 skillups

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by adetia, May 22, 2017.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

that's the plan, trying to get at least one updated every day! :) have so much to do atm with the guild and everything else just been bizzybizzybizzy!
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

JC updated to correct typo in instructions re: cell placement for copy/paste on comparison tab.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Brewing Chart is updated!

1. If you are a completionist and want every recipe whether it counts or not, use the tab marked "Master List" to fulfill that goal.
    2. If your goal is to get to 350 as quickly as possible, use the "Comparison (skillname)" tab where you will paste in your /outputfile to generate the list of what you are missing, compared back to mine (all my skills are maxed).

In game:
    /outputfile recipes brewing

Out of game:
    1. Load my brewing chart.
    2. File -> Make Copy to make YOUR copy (Mine is protected so that 300 people don't try to use it at the same time).
    3. Open your outputfile-> Its in your Everquest folder and will look like Adetia-Brewing.txt (with your name).
    4. Ctrl-A to select All. Ctrl-C to copy.
    5. Go back to your copy of the brewing chart.
    6. Put your cursor in the bright pink cell (B5)
    7. Ctrl-V to paste.
    8. Observe the columns under the GREEN markers for what you need to do to finish/

REMEMBER: In each skill there are a handful of recipes that do not match perfectly. For brewing this is ice of velious drinks - you will need to verify these by hand in your TS interface.

Also just as a reminder you may not need every single recipe on the list as I have some RoS recipes complete and was max prior to RoS. (That said, some of the RoS recipes will be far easier to chase down).

If there are any questions, let me know!
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Don't know if this is not included on purpose, but I have a baking recipe not on your Master List.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=56906
    Drachnid Repellent Jar EQ item ID: 102789
    Baking Components: Drachnid Repellant Glop, Small Clay Jar
    In: Spit, Oven (Stationary), Tanaan Oven, Collapsible Spit, Oven (Placeable), Guild Oven
    Yield: 1
    Trivial at: 15 (No-Fail)

It's a little odd to me that I don't have the Glop recipe. But this is also absent from your master list.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=56886
    Drachnid Repellent Glop EQ item ID: 102788
    Baking Components: Drachnid Bile, Dreadland Orange, Soap Leaves, Yeti Tick
    In: Mixing Bowl, Collapsible Mixing Bowl, Mixing Bowl (Placeable), Guild Mixing Bowl, Mixing Bowl (Stationary)
    Yield: 1
    Trivial at: 15 (No-Fail)
    adetia likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They're not on the list, I think, because they're triv 15/no-fail.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

7. High Voltage Augur

Tudor in Goru'kar Mesa doesn't give me his tasks for the brewing recipes. Back in the days when I completed the questline I used the option to hand the parts in to avoid the final combine. So I got the achievement, but not the recipe. 110 enc w/341 brewing, ally faction with him. When I say "supplies" to him, I get "Sorry, I don't have anything for someone with your abilities."
    I could complete Liviu's Finest Brew and Tudor's Aged Merlot, but the other two recipes seem to reqire the task to get certain ingredients, like Fresh Mesa Streamwater, Indigenous Mesa Yeast and Goru`kar Oakwood Barrel.
    Any ideas?
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I want to talk to Ngreth about these quests - I know a bunch of folks have been having problems with these tasks and the fact that they aren't repeatable. I don't know if they will consider making them repeatable, its seems like they are harmless enough, but there may be a reason for it -- or perhaps a way to grant the recipes if the quest is done, or something so you don't end up in a mismatched situation.
    High Voltage likes this.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Fletching chart has been updated for RoS and comparison fletching.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:

In game:
    /outputfile recipes fletching
    Out of game:
    1. Load my fletching chart.
    2. File -> Make Copy to make YOUR copy
    3. Open your outputfile in your EQ folder.
    5. Go back to your copy of the Fletching chart.
    6. Put your cursor in the bright pink cell (B5)
    7. Ctrl-V to paste.
    8. Observe the columns under the GREEN box
    At any time you can clear column C and repaste your updated outputfile to refresh your list of to do's if you like.

REMEMBER: In each skill there are a handful of recipes that do not match perfectly. For fletching this is the laminates - I renamed all the mismatched arrows for the comparison tab only - you will need to verify these by hand in your TS interface. I will get the links restored as soon as EQTC is back up.

Also just as a reminder you may not need every single recipe on the list as I have the RoS recipes complete and was max prior to RoS. (That said, some of the RoS recipes will be far easier to chase down).

10. Angahran Augur

Re ambiguous names in fishing, just got this response :(
    [IMG]
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Honestly for fishing there are so few recipes its not worth the bother.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Pottery chart has been updated for RoS and comparison pottery.

In game:
    /outputfile recipes pottery

Out of game:
    1. Load my pottery chart.
    5. Go back to your copy of the Pottery chart.
    6. Put your cursor in the bright pink cell (B7)
    7. Ctrl-V to paste.

At any time you can clear column C and repaste your updated
    outputfile to refresh your list of to do's if you like.

REMEMBER: In each skill there are a handful of recipes that do not match perfectly. I basically adjusted the names on my list make them all match, but now there are several "unlinked" recipes for now. I will get the links restored as soon as EQTC is back up.

Also just as a reminder you may not need every single recipe on the list as I have the RoS recipes complete and was max prior to RoS. (That said, some of the RoS recipes will be far easier to chase down).

13. Aurastrider Augur

Keep up the good work all. Tradeskilling is about the only enjoyable thing for me right now in EQ and is what keeps me logging in. Thanks again for all the hard work and advise. Time to knock out pottery.
    adetia likes this.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Currently doing pottery and found that Unfired Deity (small resist) trivial 102 is where Unfired Deity (small wisdom) trivial 135 is suppose to be and the wisdom is where the resist is suppose to be. Not a huge deal but a heads up. Thanks again for your amazing work I am flying through pottery much faster than I had thought.
  15. smash Augur

Waiting for eqt to come back up & and hoping soon for smithing / tailoring to be there with the comparisong.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

Just getting ready to start JC and noticed I am only 301 after scribing what I had thought was all the vendor books. Just want to confirm before I get started tonight. I realized with pottery I had missed 2 books. I am not sure if it made a difference clicking the box show only items I can use on the vendor but I unselected it on my second round and found them. I would like to avoid an evening of farming and combines for things if 301 is to low for starting out and I simply overlooked something. Thanks again in advance for all the help.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I went to 303 when I took the first JC AA. However, I've played since 2000, and may have (make that, most likely have) done a lot of combines which aren't in any of the books, so that likely explains the difference.

I'd say, if you followed the guide which was posted on one of these threads (and, I think, posted on Adetia's site), then you should be good.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Comparison Alchemy is now available - thank you to Bristle.Tobynn for supplying the required outputfile :)

In game:
    /outputfile recipes alchemy
    Out of game:
    1. Load my alchemy chart.
    5. Go back to your copy of the tinkering chart.
    6. Put your cursor in the bright pink cell (C5)
    7. Ctrl-V to paste.

At any time you can clear column C and repaste your updated
    outputfile to refresh your list of to do's if you like.

I'll work on getting links added as I have time, but this should get folks started!

Shimmerleaf likes this.
  19. Drewie Augur

My web form moved to http://eqrecipes.free.fr which should be its permanent address for now. It's basic but does the job finding what recipes you're missing. Feel free to send me your outputfiles so I can add whatever recipe ids are still missing. Also, does anyone know the exact number of recipes required for each tradeskill ? The numbers displayed are pretty close but not guaranteed to be accurate.
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Updated tinkering this morning (thank you luclin.viperangels for the additions) to include some additional recipes and some recipe name corrections. If anyone else wants to email their outputfiles to me (adetia@townshiprebellion.com) I'm happy to do the same. Magic number for tinkering appears to be somewhere around 793 (possibly less, but not more).