Sense Heading - Progression Server Unlocks 2017

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Oh very nice, thanks.
  2. mackal Augur

raidloot. They were fully up to date at least on EoK launch, but I don't think any AAs have been changed since then, so they should still be up to date. At least good enough to prove whoever was lying to prathun wrong :p
    PathToEternity likes this.
  3. zekreject Journeyman

Great decision.
    Thanks for listening to players.
  4. Revarund New Member

It's an improvement, but LDoN for 12 weeks and GoD for only 8 weeks is completely backwards.

Roshen, please rethink those 2 expansion durations.
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. Phinius Elder

Since we all took the time to come out and complain on the original post, I figured it would make sense to take the time to say thank you for listening on this new post.

So. Thank you for listening!!! Love it!
  6. Polekn Augur

I wonder if they let that original thread go so that everyone feel happy about reversal of that ridiculous suggestionand not question 6 months of POP.
  7. Dabrixmgp Augur

How is there enough raid content in LDoN to keep everyone busy for 3 months?
    lockjaws likes this.
  8. Brumans Augur

Maybe they figure we need all the Time gear to make GoD be the proper difficulty.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. Sdoofbuc Augur

10. Machen New Member

No one will do all 14 though. Only about half of them have gear that or augs that make them worth doing for a time geared raid force. And really, with one or two exceptions, it's the augs that will interest people with 6 months of PoTime.
  11. Stormblossom Elder

I assume the length of LDoN is primarly a nod to the number of wins needed for a maxed augment. If the really high end raiders get bored, consider competing to see who can carry and gear more casuals. If enough people can actually DO GoD group content, we might see a real population into newer content.
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I didn't look for every class, but as a shaman there is at least one aug I'd like from each LDoN raid, with the possible exception of River of Recollection since ZAM is pretty silent about it and I didn't feel like sifting through the zone's loot table on Magelo.
  13. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

We're currently updating LDoN. Originally they just created one zone and lumped all the individual instances into that zone. We're going back and creating all those individual zones and entering in quests for each adventure.

I'll run River of Recollection and see if I can get some more info on it.
    snailish and PathToEternity like this.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Wow, I've never even heard of this one. Might take a peek myself.

Edit: On closer inspection it seems River of Recollection is just one of the random zones that group LDoNs will throw you in.
  15. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I just ran The River of Recollection zone. It was a high risk, collect group ldon adventure. Some adventures share the same zone as well as some raids too.
  16. Machentoo Augur

So, about that unlock schedule... Which of the above should we believe?
  17. Kronko Elder

i got a suggestion for you next progression server fire this guy he keeps crashing the servers =) i hear he knows where to find chocolate though. :D [IMG]
  18. Hadesborne Augur

Can we please get revamped VP during LDoN? I think that would allow for some diversity for raiders that want items that may actually still be upgrades/sidegrades. It would fit the level curve much better for revamped VP to go live with LDoN. If revamped VP goes live any later than LDON then nobody will raid it due to the mobs AND loot being too low quality.
  19. Ootax Augur

Has there been any talk from the Dev side of things about when DoDH and PoR might launch? Will it still 3 months after DoN? Would actually be nice if they revisited the DoN release and made it something like 1 month after Omens then had DoDH on Dec 6 instead of DoN. The raid stuff other than Vish and I guess Yar'lir really isn't worth doing when you still can farm Anguish, Rik and Kess are kind of so/so.

The group content in DoN is good until PoR and beyond so releasing it right after Omens seems like a better idea than waiting for 3 months after Omens then having another 3 months with DoN. That's basically 6 months of Omens farming with a sprinkle of DoN for Vish and Yar'lir. And the group content is mostly instanced or you can kill with other groups in open world for quests and still get credit so the load balancing isn't needed as much in DoN, if at all.
  20. Machentoo Augur

They said that non level increase expansions get two months instead of 3, so oow should be 3, then don, dodh and por should all be 2 months each. But, they also didn't follow that with ldon, so who knows...
    lockjaws likes this.